快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Dac3 not working! - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I have a problem with my dac3 controller. I connected it my pc and it all lit up ok. When I run virtual dj (4.3 r12) the controller doesn't operate the program. At first I thought the controller was faulty but I the connected it to my laptop which has vdj 3.4 installed and the dac3 worked fine. I installed the vdj3.4 on my pc but this didn't rectify rhe issue. I then thought that my pc didn't have usb 2 so I purchased a pci usb 2 card and once again connected the dac3. Still no joy. I am now considering re installing windows on my pc. Both my laptop have windows xp sp1 so I am completely puzzled why the controller works with the laptop and not the pc. Also when I connect the dac3 to my pc the blue lcd displays flickers ever so slightly but when connected to my laptop it appears solid. I hope I've explained this clearly and that someone can help me as I have exhausted everthing else. Thanks in advance.

发表时间 Wed 26 Mar 08 @ 1:52 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Flickering DAC 3 screen would suggest to me that there wasn't any/enough power going to it. Could be a faulty USB connection somewhere. Did you try any other USB sockets on your pc?

Remember that there is a DAC 3 mapper for using the controller with the program, however, I'm not sure if it's available to non licence users.

I seriously doubt this is a VDJ issue...or an XP issue.

Good luck...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

发表时间 Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 9:11 pm
Thanks for your reply. I have tried other usb ports and it still doesn't work. The strange thing is that when the controller is connected and I use vdj, the dac3 lcd displays show the time remaining, picth, bpm etc. The play button lights up green when you press play and so on. In other words the controller is replicating what the vdj is doing, but pressing the buttons on the dac3 don't control the vdj at all! Its very puzzling. Like I have said it works on my laptop fine so I agree with you that its probably not a software issue. I have just replaced my power supply because it died on me and now I notice that the blue lcd displays are solid(no flickering) so maybe the old power supply was not providing enough power, but the controller still aint.....well controlling!! If you or anyone else has a brainwave please let me know. Thanks once again.

发表时间 Fri 28 Mar 08 @ 11:20 pm
Which version of VDJ? There was a bug in one of the previous versions of VDJ where the buttons on the DAC-3 wouldn't work, but the displays/LED's still worked OK. This was fixed in the next VDJ update.

The DAC-3 works perfectly in the latest version of VDJ. Please download the latest demo from http://www.virtualdj.com/download.html

发表时间 Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 2:30 pm
Thanks for replying jpboggis. I've tried several different versions of vdj on my pc including 3.4 and 4.3r12. I downloaded the 5.07 demo and its still the same...not controlling. I'm sure its not a problem with vdj and since the dac3 works on vdj 3.4 on my laptop then it aint the controller or the usb lead. I have tried it in several different usb ports on my pc and the problem remains. I have read somewhere on the net of someone who had the same problem and they fixed it by doing a fresh windows install. Why would a fresh install fix this? I don't really want to do a windows re-install and was hoping I could figure out what was causing the problem. Its so frustrating as I have only had the controoler for a few days but haven't been able to use it on my pc. I feel like I've exhausted everything and I wouldn't be surprised that if I did a fresh xp install that the problem would still be there!! Thanks for your help....I'll keep scratching my head!

发表时间 Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 7:53 pm
What happends when only the DAC-3 is connected? You could also try, if you are able to, testing the DAC-3 on another computer. Could be hardware related issues/conflicts on the computer you are using.
Reinstalling XP could be a last resort when no other solutions can be found. And keep your system clean as much as possible. I 2nd previous threads - try the latest demo version.

发表时间 Sun 30 Mar 08 @ 9:07 am
Hi antileon and thanks for your reply. When I connect the dac-3 to the pc it all the buttons and leds light up for about 3 seconds and then they go off and just the blue lcd displays stay lit. There is no info on the displays until I start the vdj program and then the display shows 'BEAT' and 'REMAIN'. The Dac-3 has been tested on my laptop and works fine. I've checked my usb properties and there are no conflicts. I am well and truly stumped. Thanks for your assistance.

发表时间 Sun 30 Mar 08 @ 3:10 pm
Have you activated the DAC-3 in VDJ settings? (maybe a dumb question, but hey..!)

发表时间 Sun 30 Mar 08 @ 3:12 pm
Yes its activated in the vdj settings and the green enabled indicator is lit. Windows always recognises the controller and it is found in the human interface device folder in the control panel. According to this the device is working fine.

发表时间 Sun 30 Mar 08 @ 5:18 pm
I am having the same problem with my system. I just purchased and downloaded the Virtual DJ 5.0.7, plugged in the Dac-3 controller and it will not control the program. When I use the mouse it activates the lights but the buttons do not work. This is on a Clean Windows XP system.

I then installed the program on my Vista 64 bit machine and no problems, works and controls just fine. I have tried to install, reinstall, with and without the Dac-2 mapper. You name it I have gone through it. Any ideas?

发表时间 Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 5:01 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJMIX346 -- which do you have a DAC-3 or DAC-2 ?? Also, are you running it through a HUB or direct connect to it's own USB port?

发表时间 Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 7:57 pm
I have the Dac-3 and it is running directly to the port. I have tried the ones on the front and the ones on the back.

发表时间 Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 9:58 pm
If it is a Clean XP install, have you updated all the DirectX and other MS updates?

Also, is this an XP 32 or 64 bit ?

发表时间 Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 10:09 pm
I am running XP 32 on my mobile rig. I have been using this same system now for 3 years with BPM studio and no problems. I wanted to upgrade to the Virtual DJ and I can't get the controller to work. I do plug it into the internet to see if there are any updates so let me check that and I will get back to you.

发表时间 Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 10:14 pm
My pc has windows xp pro with sp1. My laptop also has xp with sp1. I also have direct x 9.0c. To confuse me even more I installed vdj on my friends pc which also has xp pro sp1 and the controller didn't work on his pc either. The only thing I can think of is that the windows xp on mine and my friends pc is somehow corrupted or missing some neccessary data. I use my pc everyday on the internet whereas my laptop very rarely goes on the net. I don't know if this is relevant but I'm just trying to look at every possible angle. Thanks for everyones suggestions and please keep them coming.

发表时间 Wed 02 Apr 08 @ 1:19 am
I fixed the problem and I will do my best to explain. Once I hooked the system to the internet I found that I had around 140 updates that I needed to make on the system. As I went through the updates it still did not work. The next step I did was install the service pack 2 and the optional updates located in windows updater. That did the trick and I have not had any problems since. Before I did the update I would try and get into the config tab of virtual DJ and it would crash. Once I did the updates and rebooted, it worked fine.

Just for the record I am running a 3 ghz system with 2 GB Ram. Onboard video card for the monitor and I am not currently doing video work. I am running windows Xp and now with the service pack 2 installed it seems to be working fine. I will be running it to make sure it is stable.

Another question I have is how do you adjust the jog wheel. I keep bumping it and it cases the song to skip. Is there a configuration for this.

发表时间 Wed 02 Apr 08 @ 1:28 am
Glad it is functioning... have you downloaded the DAC-3 mapper ? If so, there is a read me text file that tells you how to configure the JOG wheels. Also, strongly recommend get the mapper if you don't have it. A lot more control options are available than in the default mapping.

发表时间 Wed 02 Apr 08 @ 6:11 am
I must be doing something wrong because I do not get the 809915 in the time display. I simply copied the Dac3.dll into the virtualDJ folder. I have not put it in any subfolders. Looking at the directions it also states that when a song is playing the jog wheel will act as a pitch bend and it is locked on scratch. I would love it if it was pitch bend when a song is playing. I tried to Press cp +match buttons and it did nothing.

Here's another kicker - I am getting the "a fetal error has occurred box again" It asks me if I would like to recover with a happy face or shut down program. This happens anytime I try and click on the Config button in Virtual DJ. I tried to start up with and without the Mapper installed but I get the same message.

发表时间 Wed 02 Apr 08 @ 3:58 pm
I have also narrowed it down to when I load the Dac3.dll into the folder the program crashes when I press the Config button. I also foudn that by holding down the shift button on the controller it will make the jog wheel pitch bend instead of scratching.

发表时间 Wed 02 Apr 08 @ 4:30 pm
Dac3.dll goes in the My Documents -> VirtualDJ\\Plugins\\ControlDevice folder

发表时间 Wed 02 Apr 08 @ 4:53 pm
67%