快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: OK...this Vista/Virtual DJ/Hercules Problem is Ridiculous - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

After reading every possible solution, I still can't get mine to work...

I have rolled back to 5.0.6 thanks to mp3jrick, but still cannot get Hercules to work like I expect it to...two decks and the ability to use my mic and listen to either deck in cue...

Here are my specs:

Memory: (2GB) DDR2
Processor Type and Speed: Core Duo T2310 1.46GHZ
DVD+RW: SuperMulti DoubleLayer
Video/Graphics Card: G.M.A. X3100
Speakers: Onboard Integrated
Sound Card: 82801H High Def. Audio
Modem: 56k ITU v.92
Ethernet: 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
Pointing Device Type: Touchpad
USB Ports: 4 @ 2.0
Firewire Ports: 1 EEE1394a
Media Reader Slots: XD/SD/MMC/MS/MS-PRO
AC Adapter/Power Cord
O/S Installed: None
O/S License: Vista Home Premium
Documentation
Display Size (Inches Diagonal): 14 Inches
Hard Drive Capacity: 160Gb SATA
Wireless Networking: 802.11 b/g

I also have the latest update from Hercules for Vista computers...

I have tried every config suggested, even tried the compatibility change on Virtual DJ to no avail.

What can I do?

发表时间 Fri 07 Mar 08 @ 1:33 pm
Hercules DJ Console MK2 if you are wondering.

发表时间 Fri 07 Mar 08 @ 1:49 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Dansegel did you ever try a forced manual firmware update?

Do you have Msn ? i can talk you through it if you like send me a pm with your adress.

Kind Regards

Simon

发表时间 Fri 07 Mar 08 @ 2:45 pm

发表时间 Fri 07 Mar 08 @ 8:21 pm
I tried that solutiuon too DiscoBrian to no avail...I don;t get it!!!!

发表时间 Sun 09 Mar 08 @ 9:22 am
Is there anyone that can help talk me through this so I can get my Hercules talking correctly with my computer and Virtual DJ?

I don't want to believe I just wasted several hundred dollars...

发表时间 Mon 10 Mar 08 @ 9:38 am
I hate to say it, but I think you did waste several hundred dollars, as did I. I've been beating my head against a brick wall with VDJ5 since I bought it two weeks ago. But it's not just Vista that causes problems, I've tried this on XP, and even OSX, and have had crappy results on all three. I've been convoing with their support all along and its like a black hole...I put shit in and nothing comes out. It's really very frustrating that you spend this kind of money on what is supposed to be a quality product and you end up basically with something that does you absolutely no good at all.

发表时间 Mon 10 Mar 08 @ 2:11 pm
If you are just using the hercules and no time code or anything, my above link is how you should run it and the headphone selector will in fact work. In 5.0 rev 7, if using rev 6 you should use these settings:
Input: None
Output: Headphone
Soundcard: MK@ (picture)

Master:1/2 Phones 3/4

发表时间 Mon 10 Mar 08 @ 2:35 pm
And Agartner what exactly does your post contribute to this gentlemans situation?? If you have nothing to contribute to try to help then leave it for the mods and teamers. I am sure there is probably 1 setting not right causing his issues.

发表时间 Mon 10 Mar 08 @ 2:37 pm
Disco, I've been fighting with VDJ on Vista, XP, OSX, you name it. How does it help him, it probably doesn't. It does let him and the VDJ staff know that there are some *serious* issues afoot with VDJ 5 and that he is certainly not the only one with issues.. I've had nothing but problems with this combo and keep going further and further down the rabbit hole with this thing. I personally feel that I just threw $250 away. Enjoy a nice dinner on that.

发表时间 Mon 10 Mar 08 @ 6:22 pm
OK...here is the solution I have (it seems to work fine)

I called Hercules Tech supoort. The Firmware I had installed was way out of date (like 12.0)

They sent me a pdf file that has the procedures to solve the problemn and it worked like a charm!

I guess what I have not figured out yet is the procedures when I start up.

As best as I can figure it:

1. Boot Computer
2. Click Hercules MK2 Console and check settings (WDM, External Mixer On)
3. Click on Virtual DJ - Check Config file

Input: NONE

Outputs: Headphones

SoundCard: 4.1 and select Hercules for Speakers
Output Channels: for 4.1 - Master Front, Headphone Rear

Sound Card: Hercules with photo (Apply EQ Checked only if you do not have anything else)
Output Channels: Master 1&2 / Headphones 3&4

I will put the pdf sent to me by Hercules on my website at www.djmaine.com/herc.pdf

发表时间 Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 12:01 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004

发表时间 Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 12:34 pm
I give up lol:)

发表时间 Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 6:36 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's OK, Brian... they eventually find the answer and in this case he did... My concern is that he only upgraded to version 12 (as shown in the PDF) of the firmware upgrade and not 13 like they list on their website. Oh, and wish we had that PDF when we were troubleshooting this problem a month and a half ago.

发表时间 Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 7:31 pm
I am still wondering if it matters with the 12 and 13 as I have had NO issues runnin 5.0 rev 7, 1 month and counting:)

Running firmware 12 I believe

发表时间 Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 7:32 pm
I'm running version 13.6, not 12. That is what came pre-installed.

Now I have some weird ASIO driver issue...ugh

发表时间 Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 10:17 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you are not using TimeCode inputs, then run VDJ in the 4.1 Soundcard setup (Herc WDM Mode).

发表时间 Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 10:47 am
I just switched that plus I pulled out the USb and plugged it back in. All is well again...LOL

发表时间 Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 11:02 am
Dan - thanks for posting that PDF. I grabbed a copy. Hopefully this will help to solve my woes as well!

Disco, sorry about getting all postal...just that I've been fighting this tooth and nail for two weeks straight.

发表时间 Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 11:15 am
Been there before so no worries mate:)

发表时间 Thu 13 Mar 08 @ 4:15 pm
95%