快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: How do I bend with HC4500??

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

VirtualDJ 5 rev 7
Denon HC4500 Controller with 1005 firmware and latest drivers
VDJ Professional User (not Numark Branded copy)

How do I *BEND* with HC4500?? The naitive support works great except I can't figure out how to turn off the scratch feature. when I press down on the platter and spin the wheel it scratches. I don't want to scratch, I want to pitch bend with the HC4500 instead of having to use the + and - buttons on the controller. Jog mode button doesn't seem to do anything. You would think it would toggle between scratch and pitch bend.

Does the skin make a difference in how the the controller works? I am not using the built in VDJ skin

LIVE TEST WITH DN-HC4500 tonight, Friday and Saturday. 15 hours of heavy use, I will report back the results.

发表时间 Wed 13 Feb 08 @ 5:54 pm
The native support doesn't currently have a toggle between scratch and bend. Pressing down on the jogwheel will always scratch and pressing lightly will pitch bend when the song is playing.

I am working on a mapper though that does have this feature - I don't scratch either, and accidentally pressing too hard on the jogwheel when you meant to pitch bend causes a train wreck! The mapper will be available soon. Hopefully a toggle between bend and scratch will also be added to the HC4500 native support too.

发表时间 Wed 13 Feb 08 @ 7:57 pm
Reporting back: all went well last night. No hiccups, no crashes, no problems. But the jog wheels are useless to me! I can't get used to bending with the + / - button. I am so used to vinyl/cd jog wheel used to nudge everytime I touched the wheels, I wound up messing up my mix. Don't care about scratching or touch sensitive, All I need is the bend working

*PLEASE* email me the moment you get anything working

wirelessdj @ gmail . com

Thank you!

发表时间 Thu 14 Feb 08 @ 9:02 am
Wireless
As I'm stuck with a copy of cue, which at the moment doesn't have native support for my 4500, I've had to revert to a midi mapper for the moment, and while that doesn't have any lights or displays working, I can use the JOG MODE button to toggle between bend and scratch on my jog wheel. Only problem is, there is no way of knowing which mode you're in :)
Pete

发表时间 Thu 14 Feb 08 @ 12:31 pm
@wireless - In the meantime, if you just use the 'nipple' (for want of a better word) of the wheel to pitch bend, you won't accidently push to hard and start scratching. I used to do this with the spindle on 1210s to make slight pitch bends without accidently slipping or stopping the vinyl.

发表时间 Wed 20 Feb 08 @ 4:43 am
Just adding my support to this thread.

I agree, the scratch or bend mode should be switchable from the 'jog mode' button (preferably with the button lighting in different colours).

发表时间 Wed 20 Feb 08 @ 5:45 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Same thing, I've found the pitch bend pretty much unusable. I've written myself a temporary mapper to get around this until JPBoggis releases his :)

发表时间 Wed 20 Feb 08 @ 6:30 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)