快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: desperate help needed *PICS*

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

menappiHome userMember since 2006
Ok I need some help, and I have pics to try to illustrate my problem.

Using..
VDJ5 demo
SB Audigy 2 ZS plat pro (read this card worked from numerous people on the board)
TCV
External 3 channel mixer (not using sampler though, or don't want to use it..)

Anyways, I am using two technics1200 TT, 3 channel numark mixer. Have my TT hooked to my soundcards external hub (input 2 and 3, input 1 is for mic) then i have the FRONT AND REAR outputs going to my channel one and two of my mixer. Third channel is un-used. Using Numark TCV.

That's what I get when I open up VDJ, everything looks good right?

This is what the setup looks like.

I have it set on 3 line mixer becuase I couldn't get the mixer to function correctly using the 'external mixer' option..this was the only way to get it working for me. Decks are using first and second channel of the mixer, third is ununsed.

I then go and load a song on each deck. Left deck plays fine using TCV. Right one doesn't. Sound is garbled, doesn't even play. I can't tell a song is trying to play, but the waveform moves.

From the picture, even when I'm playing on the left, working deck, with the right one stopped, I get some feedback as seen on the red level indicator. Some type of signal is coming through to the right side that isn't supposed to be. The top waveform for the red deck is also moving back and fourth slightly. The right turntable is turned OFF, needle isn't on the vinyl, both are grounded at my computer chasis (also tried the mixer, didn't change things).

Then I go to check the configuration of the signal and I see this (after trying to play on them).

Something screwed up.

Anyone have any ideas?The reason I'm using three line mixer is because I couldn't get the sound to come out of the rear output on my soundcard, it seemed only sound came out of the front. I have it set to 4.1 or 5.1, didn't seem to make a difference. Any help is grealy appreciated! I want to get this to work so I can test it out!!

发表时间 Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 3:01 am
ok well those pictures didn't load up, and how do I edit my post...UGH

发表时间 Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 3:04 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Menappi, i helped u to displays ur pics here n hope u get some asistance soon n pls dun use the "F" word in ur pics.

menappi wrote :
Ok I need some help, and I have pics to try to illustrate my problem.

Using..
VDJ5 demo
SB Audigy 2 ZS plat pro (read this card worked from numerous people on the board)
TCV
External 3 channel mixer (not using sampler though, or don't want to use it..)

Anyways, I am using two technics1200 TT, 3 channel numark mixer. Have my TT hooked to my soundcards external hub (input 2 and 3, input 1 is for mic) then i have the FRONT AND REAR outputs going to my channel one and two of my mixer. Third channel is un-used. Using Numark TCV.

That's what I get when I open up VDJ, everything looks good right?

This is what the setup looks like.

I have it set on 3 line mixer becuase I couldn't get the mixer to function correctly using the 'external mixer' option..this was the only way to get it working for me. Decks are using first and second channel of the mixer, third is ununsed.

I then go and load a song on each deck. Left deck plays fine using TCV. Right one doesn't. Sound is garbled, doesn't even play. I can't tell a song is trying to play, but the waveform moves.

From the picture, even when I'm playing on the left, working deck, with the right one stopped, I get some feedback as seen on the red level indicator. Some type of signal is coming through to the right side that isn't supposed to be. The top waveform for the red deck is also moving back and fourth slightly. The right turntable is turned OFF, needle isn't on the vinyl, both are grounded at my computer chasis (also tried the mixer, didn't change things).

Then I go to check the configuration of the signal and I see this (after trying to play on them).

Something screwed up.

Anyone have any ideas?The reason I'm using three line mixer is because I couldn't get the sound to come out of the rear output on my soundcard, it seemed only sound came out of the front. I have it set to 4.1 or 5.1, didn't seem to make a difference. Any help is grealy appreciated! I want to get this to work so I can test it out!!

发表时间 Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 3:29 am
Keep in mind that I am still in my 20 day demo mode. Hopefully I can help.

The first thing that I noticed is that on the Sound Setup tab your inputs and outputs don't match. If your inputs are set for the Left Deck to be channels 1&2, your outputs should be the same.

I would suggest that you switch back to "External Mixer" mode and find out how to direct the output on the sound card. You probably installed some software software that acts like a sound mixer. In there you should be able to direct your music traffic.

If that doesn't work there is always the KX Audio mixer (www.kxproject.com). Use this as a last resort. It works great but you always run a risk of problems when you introduce more software to your system.

发表时间 Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 4:56 pm
BTW, the noise you're hearing from the right deck is probably just noise from a dead line. You may have it physically connected but the soundcard software hasn't turned on the jacks yet.

发表时间 Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 4:58 pm
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
is it always on the same side?
have you tried to reverse the connections of the turntables?
if tou change the inputs of the turntables and happen to the other channel that means that one of your tt has a problem .
also try the card in 4.1 configuration with two channels mixer
assign input 1,2 to left deck and out 1, 2 to the left deck and in3,4 to the right deck and out 3,4 to the right deck
try first to use it with it's own driver, asio4all is not the most stable driver

发表时间 Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 5:26 pm
Thanks for th replies so far and thanks for the image help.

I was wondering about the inputs also, because it didn't seem right. It was just the only way I could get the mixer to sync with my computer sound. It's not a TT problem. If i switch the TT inputs, it's always on that right side.

What exactly is KX? I'm not using asio4all becuase the card supports asio2.0 so I'm hoping that works, would that cause a problem like this? I will go into the software mixer that came with the program and rewire some things and see what that leads to. UPDATES LATER.

发表时间 Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 6:21 pm
Ok I tried to put the OUTPUT to the regular mixer option, not the 3 line one. I can get thsi option to work only when NO TCV is selected, meaning NO INPUTS. Then it's just a matter of going down to the soundcard and selecting front->channel 1, rear->chanell 2 (on mixer). VDJ works fine like that, but as I said, NO TCV. When I select to use two tcv, that soundcard option disappears, and I am only left with ASIO. In this mode, sound only comes out of my FRONT output, nothing seems to becoming out of the rear. WTH!!!! Also when I go to setup TCV in this instance, i get waveform, but when I go to the second radio button (the one with the dots) I get NO DOTS...UGH.

发表时间 Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 10:02 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What needles are you using ? does it work better on the bad deck if you swap carts?

If so you need a new one.

发表时间 Sat 26 Jan 08 @ 4:49 am
There is no problem with the deck. I'm using ortofon concorde needles. I can play my traditional vinyl perfectly fine. I installed the kx drivers, figured the output out but don't understand the inputs, as of now nothing is allowed in.

发表时间 Sat 26 Jan 08 @ 6:11 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)