快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Better Equalizer

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Please give us a better Equalizer for console user without external mixer.

发表时间 Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 12:14 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
whats wrong with the eq as is? can you describe what you want to be better?

ive messed around with the onboard mixer alot when im at the office job or on the plane. personally i think its great, but as a rule of thumb i never boost eq levels on any track unless is really needs it. in a club, its the desk engineer that needs to do that if the pa is not sounding right. so basically you either cut the eq frequency or put it at 0, nothing more.

what could be an interesting option is to set the db attenuation level of the eq so it's a little more soft. even more to say, that the bottom level can be independantly set from the top level, because a pro mixer will have say +6 to +12db on the upper limit and a full cut on the bottom (-8) where 8 is the infinity symbol and not numeric 8.

发表时间 Sun 27 Jan 08 @ 8:54 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Please look at the available VST Plugins that you can run with VDJ, you will be amazed at what is available.

发表时间 Sun 27 Jan 08 @ 10:33 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
What I would suggest is the ability to adjust cutoff frequency of the implemented EQ. At least for
low cut, I'd prefer a 200hz steep filter to the currently used 500hz gentle slope filter.

发表时间 Mon 28 Jan 08 @ 2:30 am
TexZK wrote :

Now we have a graphical representation of all EQs response curve.

LOW EQ
With tracks such as techno or house, VirtualDJ sometimes makes a resonant sound on medium frequencies. If you don't believe it, just load up a minimal track, turn the EQ to all left and listen to the sound. It's very distorted.
It happens because the rolloff is too high for its cutoff frequency. It is the same as the Traktor one, bue the latter has a smooth rolloff (in fact the minimum gain of EQs is -12dB).
Deckadance has the same rolloff of VirtualDJ, but the cutoff frequency is lower, and so it only cuts beats and not medium frequencies.

MEDIUM EQ
The picture is very clean. VirtualDJ has a bandpass filter which is too deep, and goes too high with frequencies.
As before, Traktor has a smooth response (again, minimum -12dB) with a small resonance in the very middle, and Deckadance is between VirtualDJ and Traktor. I think Deckadance's is the best.

HIGH EQ
This is very different among all analised EQs. Traktor seems to love smooth EQs (I've used the Classical one, not fancy clones), which cuts off frequencies since (!) 1KHz. Deckadance has a lowpass filter with a slight resonant peak (you can see it better when playing the white noise recording), a cutoff frequency of about 6KHz and a very ripid rolloff. VirtualDJ is quite similar to Deckadance, but has a strange notch at 15KHz (I've only recorded WAV files, that's not a compression issue). I can't tell which one is better, because it all depends on the tracks being played. Sometimes a curve like Traktor's is better, but sometimes Deckadance/VirtualDJ's are better.

I hope developers would look at it. This is just criticism, there's no offense inside my text. I thnik this post could give developers some idea (maybe a set of options in the setup panel). Remember there are many mobile DJs complaining it bacuse they cannot use mixers when they're working, or also because it's uncomfortable to jump between the main mixer and the MIDI controller just to make some EQ adjustments...

发表时间 Thu 14 Feb 08 @ 9:17 am
I thought you were on about the eq display as it dose not seem to do anything other than go up and down regardless, its no way of matching gains of each channel.

发表时间 Fri 15 Feb 08 @ 9:50 pm
ffelixHome userMember since 2009
What I would suggest is the ability to adjust cutoff frequency of the implemented EQ. At least for
low cut, I'd prefer a 200hz steep filter to the currently used 500hz gentle slope filter.

I agree with this. The problem with having a gentle 400 or 500hz low-pass for the low-eq is if you want to cut the low end out of a track, it ends up also cutting the low-end of male vocals, which makes them sound like they're singing through a telephone. Male vocals cover the 200hz-800hz range, typically, and guitar/piano dip down into the 250-300hz range, as well.

On the other hand, if you're using it to play the low frequencies from one track to mix with vocals and highs from another track (in other words, mid/high cut on one track, low cut on other track), you end up letting too much mid-bass and midrange through from the track you only want the bass from. You'll hear too much vocal and melody through virtualdj's low-eq when mid- and high-cut are set.

Having a steeper slope and 150 or 200hz cutoff frequency between low-eq and mid-eq would be better to adequately separate the bass from vocals/melody/lead. This is how most club mixers work (particularly numark and poineer)

发表时间 Mon 16 Mar 09 @ 2:36 am
vailixiPRO InfinityMember since 2005
bump!

发表时间 Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 2:03 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)