快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: TCCD question

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I've searched to forum and haven't found an answer to this question. So, if it's out there and I overlooked it, I apologize. I'm having a problem that some other users are experiencing. I set my system up for TCCD's, and VDJ doesn't hear the TCCD's. When I check system preferences/sound/input the TCCD's are making it to my Mac but not to Timecode Config in VDJ. Here's what I'm running...

MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz 2GB SDRAM
OSX 10.4.11
VDJ 5.0 B3
Native Instruments Audio 8 DJ interface
pro grade sound level TCCD's
2 CDJ-1000's
DJM-600

Outs of CDJ's to in's of interface. Out's of interface to in's of mixer. USB is connected and sound works with other programs.

I've created the aggregate for the Audio 8 as some have suggested with no luck. With TCCD's playing, I click Timecode Config and Timecode quality is 0%. With the TCCD's running and I click the Auto Config in the Timecode Conig menu an error message appears; "Error in the ASIO sound driver." It's my understanding that Mac doesn't use ASIO. I'm no expert by an means, so I could be wrong about this. Any help would be appreciated.

发表时间 Fri 18 Jan 08 @ 3:21 pm
Also forgot to mention that the driver 1 is Aggregate Device.

发表时间 Fri 18 Jan 08 @ 3:23 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
unfortunately the current beta struggles with aggregate devices for time-code and it is being investigated for the final version

发表时间 Fri 18 Jan 08 @ 5:59 pm
Amine KPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I have the same problem and I have the Mav 5.07 version
It doesnt say error in the asio driver but still 0% of signal but when I put the monitor of the input on I can hear the sound of the TCCD

I tried connecting a normal cd player (CDJ-200) to the sound card and it worked but when I got into the club yesterday it didnt work on the CDJ800
I have another very important gig tonite, please can someone help me

发表时间 Sat 23 Feb 08 @ 10:32 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Amine.. u download the pro grade or the consumer ones?

The pioneer will need a pro grade tccd as it has high output. N when do u have ) signal, can u play it n what is the wave look like?
And lastly what soundcard u using?

发表时间 Sat 23 Feb 08 @ 10:52 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
He used both Maya44 and ESI U46DJ
No curve is showed in the advanced timecode config whereas the signal is available if he uses the bypass option.

发表时间 Sat 23 Feb 08 @ 11:30 am
Hi we have a mutual friend Charles ! , how have you configured your aggregate devices?

Go to Applications > Utilities and run audio and midi setup.app

Now in this example i have used an mk2 but its the same method for the maya 44 usb and similar cards.

Then go to Audio Setup and choose these :

and then open time-code options , choose cd or vinyl as appropriate and press auto configure and it should now give you 100%

if this does not work , what latency setting do you have in performances? , try auto latency and setting quality slider to max.

Can you confirm all the cables are working fine at the club setup?

Are you sure you have burnt the cd as an audio disk not an mp3 disk? as some cd players can read this while others cannot.

Have you tried using the maya 44 control pannel it can help in configuring the card ?

http://www.esi-audiotechnik.com/download/ESI/MAYA44_USB/MAYA44_USB-Mac-v1_01.sit

Are you using the rear port of the macbook if so avoide this it has known issues with cards unless you are using 10.5 or 10.4.11

发表时间 Sat 23 Feb 08 @ 11:42 am
I assume the set up from decks to the soundcard are all line in n properly configure. let's try this for a start..

1) Have u pressed auto config several times..n are the signal stay at 0? Try lowering the gain as this might help.
2) When in bypass mode, are the audio much louder or distort. Maybe can try lowering in the maya control panel.
3) Not sure will this help on to muted the input, but it better to give it a try.

Go to the MAYA Control Panel -
Make sure the first four (4) faders for the MONITOR In1&2 and In3&4 are all MUTED.
Set the Input to just above 1/2 level.
Set the Output to MAX

In the VirtualDJ -
Go to Config -> Performance and set the Latency drop-down to AUTO

Go back to the Config -> Sound Card tab - and go through the Timecode Config again.

4) Lastly if possible try to record a "new timecode" Cd by lowering it more than -13db as skyfxl suggest and also try lower speed when burning.

Hope this helps.

PS: Can u also post screen the curves/waves in the timecoded config when timecoded n bypass mode as this to give a better picture. Thanks;)

发表时间 Sat 23 Feb 08 @ 3:02 pm
Been out of the loop for a bit. I'm happy to see this post has generated some possible fixes. Hopefully, in the near future, we won't need to try work arounds.

Skyfxl - You do a great job in here keeping us up to date. Do you have any insight on what VDJ is doing about this problem. I understand if you can't give us any firm dates for a fix because if it didn't happen in that timeframe, a lot of users would go ballistic. I'm waiting patiently, but I need this function to work. If it isn't looking good, I need to look elsewhere for this function. I own a DVJ-X1 set-up, but it's a pain in the a$$ to take out of the lab. VDJ is the solution I'm looking for. SSL and their video plug-in seems to be working for associates of mine. I don't want to drop another bundle of loot on their stuff. Also, I just like VDJ. Still, I invested in VDJ for this feature. I'm just looking for some answers.

发表时间 Tue 26 Feb 08 @ 12:46 am
Amine KPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Ok Guys, thx for all the help
I had my gig saturday and it was awesome... The soft worked perfecly but the Timecode failed a lot of time
What I did is that I opened the TCCD Pro Wav into Audacity and reduced the volume of 10db and I tested the stuff again. It worked on the CDJ1000 and for 2mn the signal was at 100% so I Started my gig without any problem but 2mn after it started oscillating and after it was at 0%. Even at 0% it was still working but quite bad so I worked like this (hardly worked) for 30mn then I just shutted the timecode stuff and did my gig without timecode... If you can find a solution for that would be great, if you cant I will just use the TC vinyls next time (as Ive been told it works perfectly)
Cheers

发表时间 Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 10:29 am
HiTower wrote :
Been out of the loop for a bit. I'm happy to see this post has generated some possible fixes. Hopefully, in the near future, we won't need to try work arounds.

Skyfxl - You do a great job in here keeping us up to date. Do you have any insight on what VDJ is doing about this problem. I understand if you can't give us any firm dates for a fix because if it didn't happen in that timeframe, a lot of users would go ballistic. I'm waiting patiently, but I need this function to work. If it isn't looking good, I need to look elsewhere for this function. I own a DVJ-X1 set-up, but it's a pain in the a$$ to take out of the lab. VDJ is the solution I'm looking for. SSL and their video plug-in seems to be working for associates of mine. I don't want to drop another bundle of loot on their stuff. Also, I just like VDJ. Still, I invested in VDJ for this feature. I'm just looking for some answers.

Its on the to do list to improve the aggregate time code engine yes , the time code engine does work however as cards with native mac drivers such as Virtual Vinyl perform flawlessly , hopefully it will be ready very soon.

发表时间 Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 3:35 pm
Amine K wrote :
I had my gig saturday and it was awesome... The soft worked perfecly but the Timecode failed a lot of time
What I did is that I opened the TCCD Pro Wav into Audacity and reduced the volume of 10db and I tested the stuff again. It worked on the CDJ1000 and for 2mn the signal was at 100% so I Started my gig without any problem but 2mn after it started oscillating and after it was at 0%. Even at 0% it was still working but quite bad so I worked like this (hardly worked) for 30mn then I just shutted the timecode stuff and did my gig without timecode... If you can find a solution for that would be great, if you cant I will just use the TC vinyls next time (as Ive been told it works perfectly)
Cheers

Thats alright Armine , the vinyls do work better at the moment.

Was this with the Maya 44 interface?

发表时间 Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 3:41 pm
Amine K wrote :
Cheers

Nice to hear that....

But just to ask u, is it when u have 0 percent signal, does the wave bigger n squarer n distort??? Or still the same as in 100 percent but only this time 0 percent n it still werkin as normal?

Have u try to pressed auto config again while the signal is 0 percent n get it to 100 percent again??

发表时间 Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 11:20 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)