快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Change play/pause on MK2 to stutter?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello everyone! I'm a noob.

I just upgraded to Pro and I have a Hercules DJ Console MK2. I went to Hercules' site and downloaded the latest drivers. I also downloader the mapper from this wonderful site. I have a couple quick questions.

1) Is there a way to make my DJ Console's play/pause button stutter the song like the software's stutter button? I've been using it a lot in my mixes before I got the MK2. I REALLY want to change this. However, like I said, I'm a pitiful noob, and I need some guidance.

2) My jog wheels are scratching reeeaaaaaaally slow. Is there a way to increase there speed? The virtual wheels work great when I grab them with the mouse, however I want to start using the jog wheels to do this. I would have thought a driver update would fix this.... maybe hercules site doesn't have the latest?

ANY help you fine people could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Jon. (ubernewb)

发表时间 Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 3:32 pm

发表时间 Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 6:42 pm
Check the "disc" parameter in config->options and make sure it is on 33 (not 45). I discovered this when I first set my console up, and the jogs didn't respond very well until I changed it. Also, if you have issues with latency while scratching, there are posts here in the forums about how to tweak your performance. You could also check my blog about it.

Hope this helps ;)

发表时间 Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 7:44 pm
Thank you for the fast responses!

I mentioned in my original post that I downloaded the mapper. However, my newbness keeps me from having any idea how to program the play button to stutter instead of functioning as play/pause. Can anyone help me out? Would I just type in "stutter?" Also, I can't seem to get the mapper to open up like it did the first time I downloaded it. (After the initial download (of the mapper) I started up VDJ and the mapper just appeared on the screen. Now on subsequent VDJ starts, it doesn't pop up. How exactly do I get back to the mapper screen?

As for the jog wheels, I turned them down from 45rpm and that didn't do the trick. I'm going to do some more reading to try and figure that out. That is unless one of you can help me of course! :) My main conscern is the stutter effect for the MK2.

Thanks, Jon.

发表时间 Fri 18 Jan 08 @ 10:58 am
I seem to have resolved my fist issue! I just had to figure out the "djcmapper"s language. Since I couldn't get the 'mapper' to open up, I had to find it. For me it was in MyDocuments/virtualdj/plugins/controldevice/djcmapper. I opened up the configurations file 'djcmapper' in notepad and changed both occurences of 'play_pause' into 'play_stutter'. I saved the revised version, restarted VDJ with my console plugged in, and presto change-o it worked.

As for my second issue, sadly the mapper itself is what causes my jog wheels to seem slow. The reason they seem slow is that when the mapper is installed it somehow switches their function back to pitchbend/nudge. I uninstalled the new mapper and my wheels went back to scratch mode and thus moved the song faster. So far the only way to fix it (that I know of) is to keep the mapper uninstalled, which would revert my play_stutter button back to play_pause. Grrrrrrrrr

So does anyone have any suggestions? Or know of any tutorial explaining how to use the mapper? Or even how to get the mapper to open for me? So far I can only modify the notepad file.

Thanks in advance, Jon.

发表时间 Fri 18 Jan 08 @ 12:18 pm
NO you can change it all within VDJ, Its under the Effects tab, then Controller (I believe) I will double check the wording or someone else can chime in.

发表时间 Fri 18 Jan 08 @ 3:15 pm
Thanks again for helping me out Brian! :)

I managed to get the mapper display to open again. (and yes you are absolutely right, I can easily edit everything on the MK2) I opened VDJ and went into the CONFIG menu, then clicked on the 'Remote Control' Tab. I disactivated the MK2 and then activated it again. Once I did this the Mapper display opened up automatically. However, I can't seem to get the mapper to open up anymore by following this method. Am I going about this all wrong? Is there another way to get the mapper open? Thanks for your patience, Jon.

发表时间 Fri 18 Jan 08 @ 3:57 pm
Just go to effects, External, click on mk2 and it will open the mapper.

发表时间 Sat 19 Jan 08 @ 12:04 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)