快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Bad crash!... (Video card)

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Running Dual video cards...

First primary card runs two VGA monitors and the secondary runs S-Video. Every time I load anything with a graphic the software crashes windows completely. Like....blue screen of death crash. I have never seen anything like it. I just installed the second card and do not have it running SLI bridge.

Any ideas on what to check or how to differently configure is greatly appreciated.

发表时间 Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 10:05 pm
Bump to the top...please help.

发表时间 Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 11:47 pm
salusPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi Paulie.

I don't know the exact solution to your problem but were I in your shoes, this is what I'd do.

That is, bite the bullet & purchase highest spec possible componentry, including quad core CPU with a top end motherboard; 2 gb DDR2 ram; top end video cards; etc. My gut feeling is somewhere in your system there's a "weak link", causing the dreaded blue screen when the system's stressed a little.

I know this'll all cost money but in the absence of more learned, specific advice, this is the track I'd take.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Barry

发表时间 Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 6:23 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
What do you have set in your VDJ video settings at the moment - does it happen when you just do it to a window, to a specific output or both?

发表时间 Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 6:40 am
SBDJ: It happens any time a graphics file loads up.

salus: I am sure this is not the culprit but it could be.

AMD 6400+ 3.2Ghz
ASUS M2N32-SLI Motherboard
ASUS EN8600GT 512MB (two of these)
OCZ Reaper 2GB (x4) DDR2 RAM

6 gigs of SATA drives from WD.

1200w Thermaltake power supply

Windows XP Pro

Am I missing something? It should run right?

发表时间 Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 1:43 pm
Them there are better specs than mine so with just 1 card you should run with no issues, I dont know about running 2 cards as I havent ever tried. I would look into drivers and directx, do you have the latest as well as your bios and chipset drivers??

发表时间 Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 2:44 pm
Bumping this to the top.

I pulled the other video card because everything was fine before I put it in to run SLI. It still will not work.

I can move the window over and expand it out but if I try to use the output of the video card I instantly locks the computer up and I get the blue screen of death and then the reboot.

I don't know what to do here. I am not sure if there are some driver issues or what but I could really use some help with this because until now it has not been performance ready and I am ready to put this machine in use this weekend.

Thanks a ton for any help with this.

发表时间 Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 12:15 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sounds like you have a hardware issue with that card. Does it work with any other programs?

发表时间 Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 6:26 pm
Well...I kinda figured out something that may be a key for you guys to help me a bit more.

I was just messing around in the video tab when I unchecked hardware excel. This fixed the problem. HOWEVER....Now scratching video is almost out of the question.

I also noticed a big lag and skipping of a mp3 while I was loading a video. Definite problems and I hope we can nail them down. I only have a few hours of prep time before I have to load up and head out for an event. That would suck BIG TIME..to not have this fixed.

发表时间 Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 1:10 am
Anybody?

I am trying to figure out why it is killing the computer when I check hardware acceleration. It doesn't matter what I do as far as what card I have where and how the system is set up (normal or SLI) it crashes immediately when that is checked and a video or graphic of any kind is loaded.

Thanks for any assistance.

发表时间 Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 1:24 am
I would uninstall and reinstall your graphics drivers. Uninstall then clean the registry of all files that have anything to do with your video card and/or software. You may even need to do a reinstall of your OS.

发表时间 Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 11:58 am
Brian!!!!!!

Man I did NOT wanna hear that!

You are trippin'....the whole OS? DAMN!

Fighting Microsoft is a pita and I am just now getting it running good.

Do I have to reformat the drive or just install over the top to repair?

发表时间 Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 1:03 am
Well that obviously would be the LAST RESORT. I would be lookin into drivers and such first.

发表时间 Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 4:30 am
Was this a FRESH install that you did originally OR did u buy the computer preloaded and strip it down??

发表时间 Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 4:32 am
Fresh install.

The odd thing is that I could swear this worked fine until I put in the second card. So...I bet you are correct. I bet if and when I pull the drivers and reinstall them this should work.

If you think of anything else give me a bump. it will be a few days before I can get it done but going to give it a shot.

发表时间 Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 10:36 am
*Update*

Very odd problems for sure. I am very afraid that I am going to have to reformat and start over. I am not certain why this is going to happen but it looks eminent.

Playing a video while the window is open and the excel tab unchecked. Then change it to the video card out (still while video is playing). Now click the excel tab. COOL!!!!!

Except something happened somewhere along the way and all of a sudden the whole thing crashed. This happened after about 50 minutes of mixing constantly.

The only thing that I did that may hold a key is I loaded a slide show I had made of a bride into the clip bank. I clicked on it and showed it as a demo to a lady and it was very very laggy. All of a sudden the video had problems and shortly after it crashed.

No clue guys....driving me crazy though!

发表时间 Tue 04 Mar 08 @ 6:14 pm
jsut asking a questions here but if you have to idenical grafic cards will the drivers work corectly for both cards or will it act like trying to open two ideical applacations at the same time it jsut wont let ya
again i dont know if this is right or not so dont take it as advice but just taking a shot in the dark

发表时间 Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 7:53 pm
Yeah that has been on my mind. I do know that the problem did start around the time I installed the other card. But if I take the card out it still does the same thing with one card.

Does anyone know if Virtual DJ works with dual cards or if there may be a problem with that?

You guys think I should pull one card out and then reinstall the drivers?

发表时间 Thu 06 Mar 08 @ 8:58 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)