快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: 5 REV 6 still unstable - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Happy New year to all , like most just got home after a great Gig. I am still having VDJ shutting down indiscrimatley. Same system 160 gig drive , 2 gig mem , Vista with VDJ all updated . Tonight i had it in basic mode doing a 6 hour gig 5.5 hours in VDJ dissappeared from the screen 4th time this week. Because of this on going issue i have had to take back up disc players with discs. Why is it so unstable, i have run other software on my lesser spec machine ie: Winamp and other DJ applications continuous with out such problems. The basic skin is set to the correct resolution.

发表时间 Mon 31 Dec 07 @ 10:11 pm
I hear you, I have resorted to running version 3.4 that came with my MK2....

At least its good to know I am not the only one...

发表时间 Mon 31 Dec 07 @ 10:29 pm
rreidPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm having issues with my effects. I can't get any of them to work now. Only 2 weeks after updating, things are falling apart!!!!

发表时间 Mon 31 Dec 07 @ 11:13 pm
It has become much more stable than it use to be and agrree the older versions were reliable. As VDJ suppose to be compatible with VISTA i am annoyed such issues have still not been resolved. I have to continously check if its an error in the system or if anything kicked in at the time of the shutdown , doing all the usual checks but no error messages. As a backup last week i decided to have Media player on standby but VDJ did'nt like it and shutdown, hence why the heavy duty equipment has to come with me, fed up with beta testing now!!!!!

发表时间 Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 5:28 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Please re read your post.
If you want to edit it let me know, it is confusing and contradictory.

r

发表时间 Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 9:13 am
Also experienced issues with PCDJ after installing VDJ5. I use PCDJ with my DAC3 for back up and Karaoke. Wont run with VDJ up. I have similiar issues with VDJ4 as well.

发表时间 Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 12:55 pm
Hi Rick. I will revise what i wrote to clarify.

发表时间 Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 3:47 pm
To make my post clearer.

VDJ version was and is the best multifunctional software on the market, however since version 5 which we were told was tried and tested before coming to market isues and bugs have been found and with all credit to the team they have addressed these. The fact remains there are still issues which are causing VDJ to close with out warning. ie: As prevously stated even in basic mode. Newyears eve 120 am UK time VDJ closed down, this occurence as happened at four gigs last week. I dont have anything running which should conflict with VDJ as i note it does'nt agree with Media player or PCDJ and therefore can't have these as a back up. So to defeat the object i have to take a double deck cd player mixer etc.... because of the unreliability. I have followed the advice given by family VDJ, tagging and running fix etc... and also having VISTA set to allow for VDJ . I know one shut down in a six hour gig could be seen as acceptable over appeared of time however it leaves doubt and knocks the confidence iin using it. i mentioned other software in my previous post as examples to show how solid they are when used long term but they are by no means acceptable or vialable for the pro Djs / Entertainers who make a living from the business. Please never consider my input as a put down of VDJ as i have and will continue to be a advacate of the software because dispite the issues its consider to be the best with great support. I can't wait to experience the future with you guys. Happy Newyear.

发表时间 Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 7:10 am
Well there have been some issues along the revision way since 5.0 came out, nobody can deny that.
The question is this though, which version gave you the most trouble?
If it was 5.06, I would go back to 5.05. If 5.0X didn't work at all then 4.3 is the next resort.

I have seen a few posts that this shut down has happened and to be honest without a crashguard report it is difficult to nail down.
You can check that out on your system at my documents, virtualdj, crashguard report and open it with notepad.
Post it back here if you find one and it should show you the date as well.

Vista has also been responcible for some of the trouble as well.
You would think that a system with more than adequate specs and a straight os would perform properly and when this happens it leaves little but the software to blame. However there is alot more to the picture than just the software.

I don't think anyone here would question the importance of having reliable software as a professional, that goes without saying.

You have little choice but to go back to the last working version you had on your machine.

发表时间 Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 8:32 am
MrtimPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Same problem here.

11:15pm on New Years Eve

400 people

All sweaty

Most dancing

Many Half naked

Life is good!

BAM!

WTF!

Reboot

Blame the Hotel wiring (like blaming the dog for an icky fart)

Rocked the house till 2am

I stayed with V5.x for the better search options but knew that if it got too bad, I could download v4.x and be safe. Now v5.6 is less stable than previous versions and no other download options?!?!

Not Good.

Keep working on the the (Very minor) v.5.x bugs and bring back v3.x and v4.x downloads.....

PLEASE!!!!!!!

发表时间 Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 8:37 am
Way ahead of you on that availability thing, I have requested it but received no answer.
All I can do is ask.
If you log in to eservice we can set you up with what ever you want.

r

发表时间 Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 9:07 am
Hi Guys, I'm running 5.0rev6 on vista and havn't got these problems with it shutting down. I did have a problem with the program freezing, but that turned out to be a dodgy external USB2 hard drive (as soon as I pulled the usb cable out, the program un-froze).

What sound cards, controllers, etc are you guys using? (Maya 44 usb and DMC2 here).

Not sure if this still happens, but it used to just close without warning when I set it to the lowest latency setting, maximum audio quality, turn on the vidoe mixing then start doing some super fast button pressing/ spinbacks. - I just lowered the audio quality settings and increased latency to 40ms I think.

发表时间 Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 9:42 am
Hi Andy

I am using the designed for VDJ usb mixer with built in sound cards and DMC 2 controller designed for the software . Not as good as my last mixer as the audio on the mics is very tin can sounding dispite the mics being quality. I will try increasing the latency as the others was adjusted previous.

发表时间 Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 12:08 pm
mixitPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Just installed v5.6 two days before new years eve with v5.6 installed when playing dinner music New Years Eve from 6:00pm and then around 9:00pm my dinner music stoped playing in automix then crash, so I reboot by pushing the power on my computer and then uninstalled v5.6 and went back to v5.5 then reset my skin when back to my dinner playlist in automix this version worked great to the end of the night around
2:45am The party rocked!

v5.5 was working great no Crashes ever.

I am so glad the crash didn't happen around the 12:00 countdown!
For now i will stay with V5.5 untill the next update.

发表时间 Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 1:26 pm
For me 5 r6 has had less issues than the previous of 5 series so unfortunatley i will have to be patient and await for the problems to be fix with on going updates.

发表时间 Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 2:24 pm
Hi Mixit , good to here you had a great night i think we all did. I decided to err on the side of caution and switched to disc just before midnight, all the pilgrims left me to go outside and watch the fireworks , sometimes a lonely life being a DJ :( still it gave me a trenty miinute break.

发表时间 Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 5:02 pm
I have had freezing problems big time on v4 etc but I cant get v5 to crash, either rel 0 or rel 6. The one thing I have done is use clean windows vista machines. I use an ibuypower gaming desktop and an HP laptop. all dual core, vista, 2gb, 256+ video, Sata hard drive. I'm even using remote drives again and must have 45+ hours no crash.its a relief

发表时间 Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 6:36 pm
Same here I am using the REV Before 6 and have NO problems.. The only issue I have is once in a while I will play on of the samples and the song playing will t stutter.. Other then that ... no issues.. I used my system on December 29th for 6 1/2 hours with no problem with auto-play and with time coded CD's..

发表时间 Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 10:53 am
Having had another unexplained shutdown today i ask what VDJ are doing to ensure stability. I have never experienced any other software to suddenly dissappear from the screen like VDJ. I accept others may not have this problem however it shouldnt happen period.

发表时间 Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 7:44 pm
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
somebody mention that the vdj5 was tested, would be lovely to publish the configuration tha ensured stability
like comp config, sound card tested, file type and encoding used, you know the works.

I believe that the 3.4 was stable because reached maturity in the same time with a good os, windows xp.

Windows Vista is new and buggy also is resources hungry, doesn' t look like was designed for pro use, Microsoft has a strip down version of their os as windows embeded for professional use, but that is completly other side of the moon.

Also I believe that VDJ 5 evolved and needs more resources, better bigger machines so to get the most out of it you will need a power twiked comp with GOOD FAST HARD DRIVES AND QUALITY MEMORY DIMS PLUS WELL VENTILATION

FOR ME IS LIKE THIS : IF IT WORKS DON'T FIX IT SO I STILL RUN XP PRO WITH VDJ5.6 FOR LOOOONG SETS OVER 6 HOURS WITH NO PROBLEM

HAPPY SPINNING!

发表时间 Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 8:20 pm
35%