快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Timecode .. How does it ACTUALLY work?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I'm very familiar with TCV's and TCCD's, but I'm kind of skeptical on how they actually perform, i.e., a dj setup, two cd players, both with TCCD's, and a mixer, and VDJ .. when you load a song in VDJ, it basically loads instantaneously in like two seconds, is it the same with the CD players? Is there a waiting time for song load?

发表时间 Sun 30 Dec 07 @ 8:19 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
not sure what you want to know. timecode and the loading of tracks are two different issues. a track is read once to generate the time signature (ccg - bpms) and generate a waveform. it still is read on playback though.

the timecode is just for synchronizing the time and speed. its basically a click-track that notates speed and direction so if you reverse the table, it knows to play backwards.

发表时间 Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 3:07 am
What I mean is, when you load up a song via your laptop or PC on VDJ, is the song "loaded", like can you automatically pull cue points of that song using the CD player's cue buttons and start mixing, or does the CD player have an interval time? What I also want to know is, can you map out the entire CD player to meet most of the functions on VDJ? i.e loop in - set cue point, reloop - go to cue point .. it would be great if someone made a video lol :)

发表时间 Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 12:12 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)