快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: MK2 scratching with joysitck

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello all -
I read posts often but write very little. I have found so much help here, thanks to you all.
I'm a bedroom DJ currently using my home version of VDJ and my MK2.
I know scratching with the jog-wheels is near impossible, except for an elite few that I have witnessed here. But...
While toying with the settings the other afternoon I found that scratching with the joystick gave me much better touch/feel and actually could stop the playing track where as the jog-wheels will not stop the track.
I'm fishing for some comments on this technique and a few pointers if anybody has some. I haven't seen much metioned about using the joystick and didn't know if there is a big draw back from using this method. I'm not much of a scratch DJ, most of my mixing is beatmatching and sampling at this point. But I'm eager to learn and I have found that you peeps here are the authority.
Thanks again for this rockin community.

发表时间 Tue 11 Dec 07 @ 10:18 am
OK, so I guess I'll get no input.

发表时间 Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 8:58 am
I feel so unloved. :(

发表时间 Mon 17 Dec 07 @ 2:27 pm
Not Unloved.

More than Likely no one tryed to use the joystick to scratch with.

发表时间 Mon 17 Dec 07 @ 5:31 pm
Yea, I figured. It's not a great option but felt better than attempting to scratch with the jog wheels. One day when I grow up I might buy TT's and TCV. But I'm not a turntablist and at age 37 it may be a lttle late in life to try to master the art.
I do appreciate all the info in these forums, thanks.

发表时间 Tue 18 Dec 07 @ 11:22 am
its never too late!!

as long as you have fun at what your doing, its all that really counts

发表时间 Tue 18 Dec 07 @ 12:09 pm
TD'

I mixed about a whole couple of hours when I was in high school with some friends in high school... Basically I had a really nice tape deck and my "friends" in a party crew would let me play around with the turntables for a few songs during the parties... That was about 1 summers worth of Parties so at most I played around with tables for 6-8 hours at most...

Just last year I picked up a DJ Control and messed around for a bit, then I bought a MK2 and messed around some more... I also purchased PCDJ and started playing around with Karaoke and even got a weekly gig at a bar....

To make a long story short, I am up to TCCD's on Numark CDX's, a dac3, and a really nice mobile set up....

I may not be the best but I keep the party rolling.... I turn 35 next year and it was 17 years ago when I handled turntables for a who 6-8 hours!!!

Like whiteDvl said, as long as you have fun....

But you also have to love and know music... Luckily for me I had built up a pretty good MP3 collection over the years and the MK2 helped me practice more or less what I do un the CDX's now...

It is a bit harder on the MK2 but it will help you when you do get TCCDs or TCV from what I have seen so far... But practice, practice, practice!!!

发表时间 Mon 31 Dec 07 @ 3:51 am
Sounds like good times.
The more I practice the more I realize I need to get TT's. I don't care to become a turntablist but I do like the feel of vinyl, just feels natural. And I have no experience on TT's. But that must wait, $$ is an issue to purchase quality TT's and Pro version of VDJ. I'll keep jamming and practicing beatmatching and other cool tricks that the MK2 is capable of. It seems that the MK2 and a couple of 1200's could make a pretty nice rig so I'm on my way I guess.

发表时间 Mon 31 Dec 07 @ 1:21 pm
I hear ya... back in 2003 I was willing to put up close to 20k on a trailer, portable dance floor, lights and Lasers and a nice Set up.... Unfortunetly I decided not to and tried my luck with another type of business...

Now I am around $7000 into my set-up and I constantly upgrade.... Its addicting!!!

发表时间 Mon 31 Dec 07 @ 9:37 pm
Better responding late than never...

So I'm trying to figure out scratching. I find the jog wheels are allright...just got to time it right, but I can get an 'okay' scratch out of them. Baby's, forwards, and reverses are about all you're gonna get without timecode though, as it's *real* difficult to try and scratch a running track with the jogs, although I've done a bit (bedroom..not live) by setting a short loop and playing around with it.. For that you need some vinyl.

发表时间 Mon 03 Mar 08 @ 6:52 pm
I only use the jogs to scratch, but I see your reasoning for the joystick because it will stop the track. I tried it once, but it felt so unnatural I could not get used to it, so I pressed on and continued practicing with the jogs. It is quite difficult when you're first starting out, but it gets easier as you get some time in on it, not to mention that it takes some getting used to, working with a three-inch wheel as opposed to a twelve-inch record, lol. Still can't do crabs, but that is an issue related to the position of the crossfader. Just have fun with it, and experiment. You'd be surprised what you can do. BTW, the loop idea works well also, and the new generation MK2 has a bit more resitance on the jogs, making scratching running tracks easier :)

发表时间 Tue 04 Mar 08 @ 1:16 pm
Yea, I've found that scratching with short loops is a way to go, easier to keep your mark since you can't stop the track by touch. I'm quite a ways from being a great DJ, but it's tons of fun. I wouldn't scratch with my MK2 in public, but it does a fine job with all the rest. I think I will go with CD player and timecoded CD when the time comes. Less $$. It's hard to spend alot of money when this is a hobby/part-time thing.

发表时间 Mon 10 Mar 08 @ 3:51 pm
Hush your mouth! What better thing to spend your money on as a hobbie. What you want to feed the kids or make sure you have a roof over your head something?

Besides, lets add up the amount of liquor most people spend in a year. What a waste that is but we all do don't we?

发表时间 Mon 10 Mar 08 @ 7:35 pm
fatkatzdj wrote :
Hush your mouth! What better thing to spend your money on as a hobbie. What you want to feed the kids or make sure you have a roof over your head something?

Besides, lets add up the amount of liquor most people spend in a year. What a waste that is but we all do don't we?

LOL <:-D

发表时间 Mon 10 Mar 08 @ 9:37 pm
fatkatz, can I put you in touch with my wife, she needs to hear this? :)
We don't buy much booze, it's those kind budz that we spend our money on.
But we have just quit smokin the devil weed, so that should free up some funds. about $300 to $400 a month. I think I can save up for some goodies after a few months.

发表时间 Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 8:48 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)