快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: NEED HELP GOING DIGITAL! - Page: 2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djkfc123 wrote :
No, I was told that the Hercules MK2 has some latency and that I would get better sound quality using the Numark "Total Control" Controller and DJ/IO soundcard. But this purchase comes with CUE software which requires a P4 processor and which I don't want because you told me that I don't get the upgrade discount. I want the Virtual DJ software with the discount upgrade to Virtual DJ Pro, while purchasing an all-in-one controller that will run on a PIII processor on my laptop. I am not sure what my options are here if I go with the Numark controller.

The herc mk2 latency is not the best but with good setting it could werks great (Btw u ain't using timescodes rite, so that is a secondary thing to think).

Like i said b4 it up to u on ur purchase on which ones. If u go on total control, u need to spend on a sc too. cue le - can't have discount. Herc mk2, no need spend on sc. vdj djc edition - discount. hmm, this is tough,hehe

What i think, u can just purchase vdj pro from here, get the total control n djio or buy herc mk2 then upgrade to pro. I think that the only options. Cos u need a controller + pro software + sc..

(Numark virtual vinyl is the best options for this but sadly they dun have the controller came with it)

Another thing that came here is ur specs..hmm.. i think it better to wait for someone who been using pentium 3 with vdj pro to give his/her input or u could post new thread abt this to have answer specific to this;) Sorry can't advice u on this.

All the best. But seriously by buying vdj pro u won't regret it. U could tell it by using the demo rite;)

发表时间 Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 6:56 pm
Okay, so let's say I purchase the VDJ Pro, then purchase the total control and DJ/io, will all this run off my PIII lappy? Or will I need a P4 lappy (which I can't afford right now)???? Sorry for being confused but because I am new to virtual DJ'ing, I need to make sure everyhting is compatible before I spend money then find out it's not.

发表时间 Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 7:11 pm
With only vdj pro i should think it will werk with p3 as this is indicated as the minimum required specs but if with total control n djio, i not so sure it will werk good (sorry neva tried p3 system with vdj pro b4).

发表时间 Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 7:53 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You could try to use your system with Demo version which is the same as Pro edition, but I advice to upgrade your PC, P3 is really minimum for audio single output. Using external controller your demand for power will rise ;)

发表时间 Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 8:11 pm
Okay, so after more research, I have discovered that Hercules has just released a new version of the Hercules DJ Console Mk2 which now includes VirtualDJ 3 DJC Edition for PC as well as VirtualDJ® 3 DJC Edition for Mac® OS (it also has a more durable design).

This means if purchase this controller: 1) I won't need to purchase a separate DJio sound card right? (I'll save $99) and 2) I can get the upgrade to Virtual DJ Pro for only $250 (instead of purchasing outright for $319 as advertised) which means I'll save $70.

I am a little concerned with latency issues with the Hercules MK2, but it looks like this may be my best option in going digital at the cheapest cost.

发表时间 Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 6:42 pm
Yes to ur question 1 & 2;)

If u just gonna use it only with ur lappy, u can use it in wdm mode n won't be much problem;). Also if u upgraded to pro, n find out later u need to have more hardware for ur djing (example timecodes), I advice the same as dj alf stated that it is better to upgrade ur system for best result. In the meantime, with ur lappy, herc mk2 will do just fine:)

发表时间 Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 7:57 pm
Thank you so much!

So I think that does it then.....I will purchase the Herc MK2 and use it on my PIII laptop with the VDJ software until I am ready to upgrade both the software and the laptop. This is the advice you gave me to begin with!!! At least with the money I saved in not purchasing the Numark Controller and DJio, I will be able to buy a 500 GB External Hard Drive!

By the way, whaat is wdm mode? Is that a setting on the Herc controller that I should set to when I connect it?

Also, can you tell me if the Pioneer CDJ-200 and DJM-400 skin is available on the VDJ software, or is it available only on the Pro software upgrade? I am currently using Pioneer CDJ-200 CD players with a DJM-400 Mixer and I'd like my software skin to match my tabletop look - pretty cool feature!

发表时间 Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 8:17 pm
WDM -Window driver model...it the drivers for miscrosoft windows OS. And yes its one of the setting on herc control panel. Other is asio. And yes i think it better u start with that mode for ur herc. Asio is important for latency when using external hardware (timescoded etc).

Read here for the meaning/funtions of wdm (http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/archive/wdmoverview.mspx)

The cdj 200 & djm 400 is available n its for pro user only.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/skin.html?id=3103

Hope to see u with us as a pro user soon;)

发表时间 Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 8:34 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)