快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: mix for your crowd or..? ??

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

ok i have been a dj for almost 17 years...this is just from working with different crowds over a long period of time...basics:::
1. first thing you need to do is not get a prelist of songs for a crowd you have not seen...big mistake show up a few hours early...
2. now read your crowd...first by age group...21-25 newer music and 80's oldschool....26-35 80's 90's mainly oldschool ...36-50 ok now it changes to 50's 60's 70' with a little bit of 80's to turn a few heads....generally this is what i do to start but it changes sometimes so keep on your toes...
3. now here is the most annoying thing someone asking you to break up your perfect flawless mixdown...ummm...do you or not...well let say i have 1-10 people yes...10-20 depends on the song...20 or more...absolutely not with the exception of a birthday or anneversary...
4. ok finally the do you mix for your crowd or one you hope to get..well both... mainly mix for the crowd you have and second mix a little for the ghost crowd about to show up...so they don't walk in then back out..this is about timing knowing what time a crowd may show up is important to help you get them and keep them there..just don't forget to mix for the age group or the people that we're there to begin with..
advanced tips for beginners:
1. get a teacher to teach you basics on turntables

2. practice practice practice...when you are ok to good..try to throw down a scratch or two at your next show...but take it slow then take it slower
3. tell everyone you know about virtual dj ...and the great support offered by the team...hope this helps out someone...
4. above all study your guide till you have it memorized and completely understood...and have fun

发表时间 Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 4:13 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)