快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Subfolders! - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

It would be sooooo nice if VDJ had virtual subfolders.

I have over 80 virtual folders. That is a really long list to scroll through. Several are for dinner music, 12 are for high school dance music (slow songs, curent, techno etc.), 5 for 80s etc.

It doesn't make any sense why such a seemingly easy thing as subfolders would be missed.

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 8:57 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Why are you not taking advantage of the ID3 Tag field like Genre ? Also, better organizing your music or do you store everything in 1 folder ?

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 2:04 pm
bobbiePRO InfinityMember since 2003
+1 for this feature which would allow to group music arbitrarily. Genre is good is not sufficnet as you may want to group music by mood or energy for example. You should be able to drag tracks to groups wich could be stored on the HDD as playlist for example.

发表时间 Thu 01 Nov 07 @ 5:46 pm
Sorting by Genre doesn't work fo everything. In my "dinner music" folder I have many different genres like big band, rock, easy listening...

On my hard drive everything is divided very generally into folders. I prefer to have the organization done with the software since many songs fall into more than one category.

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 07 @ 2:42 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can have multiple Genre listed simply separate the values with a semicolon ( ; ) then they will split in your Genre navigation drop down.
Also if you are not using the Comment fields for anything - you can do the same thing by adding relative comments. Then use the Filter Folders with a statement like -- Comment contains "Dinner Music"

There are so many possibilities.

Also I am not advocating that Subfolders are not necessary. I think they would add a great capability. What I am trying to offer is alternatives until such a feature is possibly added.

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 07 @ 3:48 pm
Thanks Cstoll.

I just think subfolders would be sooooooooo much easier. You wouldn't have to search to display a category (what if I forget I even have a category for polka dance remixes :), and you wouldn't have to edit every tag with all the differnt genre information, just drag and drop.

I have used subfolders with Setato and BPM Studio and it is a really easy and natural way of organizing things. And it seems like it would be a pretty easy feature to impliment.

发表时间 Mon 05 Nov 07 @ 7:58 pm
the filter folder and specific tag search are awesome and in most cases its enough.

but for 80 different types of music (or even 10) subfolders are an absolute essential, no question about it!

发表时间 Tue 06 Nov 07 @ 1:17 am
+1 to this idea.

However, there's something that could be even better. I was thinking about this idea a few days ago.
I have to admit that I'm still using version 4 because I had some problems with the upgrade, so I don't know much about the new version...

But what if...
Instead of having Filter Folders... we had a Filters tab in the browser. In this "filters" tab, there could be 4/8/16 little boxes, with anything you want written on them. For example, you could have some boxes that said "60s" "70s" "80s" "90s", another ones with "Rock" "Techno" "R&B", another ones like "120+ bmp", "charts", "low energy", etc etc... Then, you could click on one AND/OR more boxes and get the results.

For example, I could quickly select "90s" "Rock" "Dinner Music" and get a filtered search. Then, I could de-select Rock and click on "Jazz", and get all 90s jazz dinner music. I could expand my search by de-select "90s" and get all Jazz Dinner music.
To do that now,(please correct me if I'm wrong) you would have to create a specific filter folder, or type a search, which is, in my opinon, not the best way.

I don't know if I expressed myself correctly; hope you get my point, and give some feedback...

Now, these filters would be just like Filter Folders, but you would be able to "mix and mash" them, what do you think?

Cheers,
Joe

发表时间 Wed 07 Nov 07 @ 10:48 pm
You mean something like the tabs were on the bottom of the old PCDJ screen??? But instead of having to put the files in them they would be filter folders, if that is what you are talkin about that sounds cool.

发表时间 Thu 08 Nov 07 @ 4:18 am
this topic has been mentioned before.

filters with in filters with in filters with in...

virtual folders with in virtual folders with in virtual folders with in...

filter folder with in virtual folder with in virtual folder with in filter folder with in...

that would be awesome.

发表时间 Sat 10 Nov 07 @ 7:19 pm
Sorry for the bump, but i was just thinking the same thing. Filter Folders will be 100% more powerful if Filter Subfolders were possible. :)

发表时间 Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 8:18 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
interesting concept. just by the idea i give it a +1, but i wouldnt need it or use it. theoretically speaking its a great idea, but im so anal about organization i have only one tree of files with 20000 tracks organized within just the way i want it.

发表时间 Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 9:31 am
I love sorting my tracks very good and subfolders will but very useful. :)

发表时间 Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 11:13 am
Definately a good idea! Not too worried about filter folders because I don't use those very much, but virtual sub-folders would be a great idea.

发表时间 Fri 18 Jan 08 @ 7:15 am
Rich 1PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I know what timmyventura means, I have just moved to VDJ from PCDJ and although VDJ is a much better program there are some features that I miss, Subfolders being one.

I have found a way round it though.
You can create new folders within your Playlist folder in VDJ and name them 80s ect, then create a playlist of tracks, save the playlist then left click on the new playlist and "move to" put it in your new 80s folder, then make the 80s folder a Favourite folder so that it shows in your folder tree and your playlist will show as a subfolder.

Drag and Drop would make this easyer, but at least you get to keep tracks in the order that you want,so that you can group matching tracks together, Filtered folders are a great idea but they could be more flexable.

发表时间 Sun 03 Feb 08 @ 4:56 am
This is how they categorise files in OtsAV. Just store all your tracks on your drive and then you can further categorise by dragging them into filtered categories. Then you can use a basic query to satisfy most searches like this:

"Floorfiller" AND "80's" NOT "New Romantic" AND BPM >120 AND BPM <130

Gives you a list of floorfilling 80's tracks, but not new romantic style ones with a BPM between 120 and 130.

It's a very powerful system...very powerful.

发表时间 Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 12:51 am
jimmiemPRO InfinityMember since 2006
This is why I love iTunes playlist integration. I was using an iPod for my personal music collection long before I discovered VDJ, so I had already built up a lot of playlists. iTunes also has very powerful smart playlist capabilities (similar to filter folders).

Now that VDJ can view your iTunes playlists, I can continue to manage my music in iTunes and have the changes appear in VDJ automatically. The one unfortunate downfall is that iTunes doesn't manage MPEG videos without purchasing a plugin, and even then support is spotty.

Anyway, for the most part it works great and subfolders are supported:

http://www.astoundingsound.com/images/itunesplaylists.jpg

The thing is, you need a separate tag editor with Virtual DJ anyway, so it makes sense to use iTunes for the tag editor and take advantage of the playlist creation tools as well.

发表时间 Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 3:06 pm
I agree that the iTunes playlist integration is the way to go. Nonetheless, I feel that subfolders and filters would be a great help, especially for the DJ's who like to mix enharmonically.

发表时间 Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 4:05 am
discobrian24 wrote :
You mean something like the tabs were on the bottom of the old PCDJ screen??? But instead of having to put the files in them they would be filter folders, if that is what you are talkin about that sounds cool.

The tabs in red were great when you had a dac 2, you used the outer jog to skip through the diffrent folders and then used the iner jog to go up n down in the folder and then the load button and the play never needing hardly to touch the keyboard.

发表时间 Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 4:17 pm
gbeulPRO InfinityMember since 2007
subfolder or catogory folder would help if you work in diffrent worlds to organize intellgent search folder
i have latino normal and german intelligent folders but they are all in one row
if i can group them it would be much easier to work with

maby it in 6.0
best regards dj-agua

发表时间 Sat 23 May 09 @ 3:33 am
87%