快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Pitch Fluctuates when i mix????

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi. Ive tried mixing with virtual vinyl and i can increase of decrease the pitch on my turntables (1210s) and the pitch within the software fluctuates, which means it cant decide on what pitch im on. For instance if i increase to +4 the software will be saying +3.6/7/8/9 or +4.1/2/3/4 so it never matches and it fluctuates, which means its hard to mix as the pitch is constantly changing ever so slightly. Its very difficult to mix even with these slight fluctuations. . .

Any ideas? I hope ive not been to waffely with my explanation and you all get what im trying to say. . .

Thanks, Ben

发表时间 Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 6:54 pm
Just to let you know, your pitch is not fluctuating, only the pitch's display in VDJ is. The software is just doing it's best to calculate the pitch on-the-fly which is why the display fluctuates slightly, this is normal. Your 1210's are still maintaining a constant speed, your software is still playing the audio back at a constant speed, so if you can learn to accept the fact that the software is giving you an approximation of the pitch and learn not rely on it too much for beatmatching then you'll be fine. In my opinion it's better to trust your own ear than a computer anyways. If you're finding it hard to mix then don't rely on the display so much. Whenever I teach someone to beatmatch I tell them to ignore the BPM display and not to concentrate on what notch the pitch slider is on but rather to do it by ear.

发表时间 Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 10:40 pm
Ok thanks. I dont rely on the the visuals when im mixing, i just saw it fluctuating and thought thats not right so was just asking why. . . I dont know how different mixing with VV vinyls is compared to normal vinyls. Im trying to work out how good/truthful it is. Truthful meaning how much like mixing with a real vinyl is it?

Does anyone here feel like this too?

Thanks, Ben

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 1:17 pm
You should try to adjust your timecode settings in the config menu. Go into your sound options and mess with your lead time and pitch sensitivy settings until you find your sweet spot. Trust me, this will change the feel and you the pitch responds. I believe that mine is set at:

Lead Time: 400 ms
Pitch Sensitivity: 1200 ms

I am also using Tech's

Charlie Five

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 3:38 pm
What Charlie F1ve said... I can't recall off the top of my head what my timecode settings are but the pitch readout is fairly stable.

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 4:06 pm
What does lead time and pitch sensitivity mean? If i understand this then i will understand how to adjust it for me. I just want it to be as close to mixing with vinyl as possible.

Thanks again, Ben :)

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 9:57 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)