快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Former/current PCDJ users... - Page: 2

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DJCyFeRHome userMember since 2004
Double O,

Your right, over 9000 people are currently using FX for gigs. Seems amazing that the sales figures continue to climb if everyone is telling 10 people that the software is flawed. Or, they are praising the product to their fellow DJ and we continue to sell FX successfully world wide.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience and I'm happy you found an alternative in the mean time. If you think we are going anywhere, your delusional. You won't believe your eyes at NAMM.

Regards,

Andrew

发表时间 Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 6:46 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Deeeep cleansing breath, in and ......out......there now that's better.....
And in closing I would like to add..........ahhh never mind.

发表时间 Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 6:47 pm
Didn't see an edit option. I do work at PCDJ.

Andrew

发表时间 Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 6:47 pm
Is this the same PCDJ CyFeR:

http://message.pcdj.com/member.phps=3160df7136338990b51a4ef657281912&action=getinfo&find=lastposter&forumid=17

So VISIO has resorted to spying…ha ha ha. VDJ really is a threat!

DJCyFeR: “over 9000 people are currently using FX for gigs.”

This number is easy to refute because your total PCDJ Forum membership is only 2,824 (at the time of this post). Therefore, how do you come up with 9,000 people? They would have to register as a member to get their much needed and long awaiting updates.

DJCyFeR: “If you think we are going anywhere, your delusional. You won't believe your eyes at NAMM.”

I’ve read this before…

All joking aside, I hope you're right because FX is a good concept.

OO

发表时间 Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 7:03 pm

We are not spying, someone sent me an email and questioned the cost of FX because someone here stated $800.

You really believe that everyone who buys our products signs up at the msg board?

Andrew

发表时间 Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 7:11 pm
How else do they get informed about updates or get assistance?

OO

b.t.w. The spying remark was only a joke.

发表时间 Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 7:13 pm
www.fxuser.com

Nothing to sign up at. They do have to enter their license code for updates. Easy to refute? If everyone we have sold software to signed up at our msg board, we'd have 85k signed up there.

And yes, NAMM will be serious. Not only in the software arena.

Andrew

发表时间 Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 7:18 pm
DJCyFeR: "If everyone we have sold software to signed up at our msg board, we'd have 85k signed up there."

85k might be for gross sells but I doubt that is your current user figure. Futhermore, they still would have to join the boards to get assistance, which they will definitely need.

OO

发表时间 Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 7:20 pm
The road to recovery is long my friend..........you'll make it.

I'd like the $800.00 question answered also, that seems outragous.

OO, Quote me all you want, anger doesn't change jack now does it?
Sounds like you've been ready to pop for a while, keep working on the deep breathing, it helps all the way around.

发表时间 Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 7:25 pm
I quote you because my responses were directed towards you. Show me "anger" in any of my responses to you. I've only shown you respect. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't imply that I'm angry. Furthermore, this post which I deleted:

mp3rick: “Deeeep cleansing breath, in and ......out......"

OO: “Good idea; I think I’ll go breathe some of this Los Angeles smog while I cut my foot high grass.”

Was not directed towards you. Instead, I was implying that I need a break from this thread.

Thanks for the advice; I will use it.

OO

b.t.w. I do live in Los Angeles county, which has the worse air (smog) in America.

发表时间 Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 7:32 pm
OO,
It wasn't anger towards me of which I refferred.
My skin is thicker than that.

No sweat, but i'm sure our hosts would rather we not mention other's troubles in their house.

发表时间 Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 8:25 pm
Now that I’ve breathed some Los Angeles smog and cut my foot high grass, I’ll respond to your following comment mp3rick:

“i'm sure our hosts would rather we not mention other's troubles in their house.”

Here’s my opinion: VDJ would like to read why we left another software company and chose its software. This company can obtain valuable information from the troubles we experienced with the company in question. Furthermore, when potential customers read a thread such as this, they have to leave this forum with a positive feeling regarding VDJ because many of us have switched to using it. Basically, this thread indirectly markets VDJ to any potential customer that reads it.

I will admit that I still have FX on my computer, which means I still have some hope of using it someday. I plan on incorporating it into my digital music studio once it gets fixed. It gives you the option to keep it on top of any other software that you are simultaneously using with it. However, VDJ is now my choice of DJ software. This company understands the meaning and importance of customer satisfaction.

OO

发表时间 Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 10:55 pm
The original PCDJ Red was intuitive, well designed, and stable as hell. I could DJ for 14 hours and not have a single glitch. I love that program.

This was back then when Jorgen was the chief programmer. When he left the company, Visio started from scratch and wrote PCDJ FX. What can I say, it is NOT the same software.

WirelessDJ

发表时间 Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 11:12 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
And where is Jorgen now ?
Maybe he work for Atomix...

发表时间 Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 11:18 pm
I am sure he is keeping busy with something just as ground breaking and rock solid as Red. Just hang in there brother ;-)

WirelessDJ

发表时间 Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 11:42 pm
Jorgen is writing a new program that is quite hush hush called Reflex.

发表时间 Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 11:48 pm
I didn't say it, Rick did!

发表时间 Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 12:56 am
It was $800.00. $399.00 for fx. 199.00 for kj. $199.00 for scratch ($798). And I was told in an email that scratch would be able to be used with the DAC-2 so I paid the $$. And guess what. It didn't. Then I was told the girl who emailed me was wrong and they were working on getting that to work. That was about what a year ago plus (I think) and still nothing.

That is what I paid and I only use KJ. VS VDJ which can do everything PCDJ claims to dobut is much more reliable and costs much less. They also keep updating. And if I want to tell someone they made the right move by switching to a far superior product I will. It is my opinion. I still feel swindled by PCDJ and won't reveal my name from that board in hopes that someday they will turn it around. I won't ask for a refund and never would. I took the chance and lost. That is how business goes. You win some and loose some. I still do like the karaoke product. That was a win in my eyes (although they only updated it once). FX and scratch, a loss. I have both VDJ and KJ Pro (plug in) open when I do gigs. So I'll give them that. I use FX only for searching. I will say nothing more on the subject but I am not misinforming.

发表时间 Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 2:32 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Thanks for the "quite hush hush" information..

P.S. and enough with this Visio.. think
we move forward...

发表时间 Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 2:58 am
BTW. Just so I don't mis-inform. I checked the DAC email where I was told the DAC-2 would scratch that I got from a Lisa over there. I ordered it in December 03 and don't think it came for a couple of months so it hasn't been more than about seven months. But it is still sitting in the box all packed up nicely. I should have returned it. That again would be my fault.... And I still did not add the cost of the DAC-2 controller at $305.00 (which I think was a bargain). They produced a very good controller. A definate win... I too will now move forward. Thanks for letting me vent though...

发表时间 Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 3:03 am
89%