快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: optimization

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

ddrmjsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hi all,

I'm gonna play a small party tomorrow. Is there any way someone could link me to some kind of optimization thread or something? Like to kill some unnecessary processes and making settings on vdj to make it run fast. Thanks.

发表时间 Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 4:29 am
Are you having problems, or is VDJ working fine? What's your OS, specs? Are you doing video?

发表时间 Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 4:58 am
yeah i'm gonna try to do some video, just using the sonique plugins, clipbank, and still images.
vdj never crashes when i'm just playing audio only.
for some reason, earlier i was spending a lot of time organizing all my tracks into different folders and i just had music on a deck playing to keep me entertained and i had the sonique plugin running and i would be dragging a file into a folder, and right when i let go of the left mouse button, it froze. this happened twice and both times i had the sonique plugin running.

right now im running a 2.0ghz d820 latitude w/ 2gb ram, 512mb nvidia card (shared memory), that's pretty much the only useful specs to throw out there.

was just wondering if there were any steps i could take to reduce this from happening. Thanks.

发表时间 Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 5:31 am
Sonique's visuals are hungry, some more then others. I would delete the ones that cause problems, you should be able to find the ones. Shorten the time of the slide-show. If you got these awhile ago, they have removed some of the trouble ones, from the download page. Maybe you should download them again. What version are you using? A new more stable version is right around the corner, but that will not help you for this party.

发表时间 Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 5:50 am
No, I downloaded the newest one. Do you know by any chance the power hungry visuals? Haha... trying to save myself some time. Thanks for getting back to me, appreciate it.

发表时间 Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 6:21 am
I would play with them off gig and see which ones are CPU hungry and get rid of them.

发表时间 Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 10:40 am
i only have 128 mb on my video card and i can rip , plus download plus slideshow the viz ........if i also analyze ,the viz ( cube plus text 2d plus sonique) do slow up but i don't freeze ..... i have 2 gigs of ram and XP media center edition

you need to turn off services ..... intask mgr how many processes are running ?? turn off yer wifi , turn all power settings to never ..... you should get your processes at least below 40 if not lower ......

check out Norway's set up guide at the top of the page , lots of suggestions for common fixes .......

发表时间 Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 12:46 pm
if i am at the club or a mobile gig and i have any worries about cpu maxing out , i use " aorta " and " burn" ....they are fairly good and "dramatic" and don't max out the cpu meter ........

speaking of cpu meters ...... you can get free docklets and put a cpu meter on the desktop .........

发表时间 Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 9:11 pm
Also keep in mind that VDJ's video skin includes a CPU meter ;)

Personally, I use MixLab, which also has a meter, and I love it!

发表时间 Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 11:43 pm
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
speaking of cpu meters ...... you can get free docklets and put a cpu meter on the desktop .........

The Multi Functions 2.0 skin also has the CPU meter on all interfaces. You can also get a Logitech G15 keyboard with a LCD screen to show your CPU usage percentage (Shows separate threads or cores) and the RAM used percentage.

发表时间 Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 8:28 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)