快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: 2nd hard drive

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ok here's the scenerario:

Was using 3.4. with a shuttle system
Purchased new laptop and an external drive. Copied all files to the external from the shuttle.
Installed 3.4 on the laptop with the database mp3 text and xml files.
Then updated to 4.3. Then updated to ver 5. plugged in the drive and got things to work ok.
Now, I want to copy the hard drive to a second one. So I plug in both drives and boot up.
Copy from original drive to 2nd external. Shut down and unplug the original drive (E:).
Leave the 2nd drive plugged and reboot. Now when I recurse the files and add to db
all the cues comments etc are gone. Not even analysed.
What did I do wrong?
Also the original drive now shows up as drive f: and the one I copied to shows e:
Do not have them plugged in together.

发表时间 Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 6:55 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
when you copied the drive, did you copy the database file also from the original to the new ?

发表时间 Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 7:21 pm
cstoll wrote :
when you copied the drive, did you copy the database file also from the original to the new ?

Copied from the first external drive to the 2nd.
Tried the clean fix did not work.
Was thinking of deleting vdj and re doing from start again.
Don't want to if I can help it.

发表时间 Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 7:27 pm
chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I think that if you just unplug the second drive, reboot computer and then plug in second drive (Should show up as E) everything will work itself out just fine. I do the same thing. You should only open VDJ with just the one drive hooked up, not both at one time. If you do VDJ will see it as another drive and build a database off of that drive (F).

So if you want the second drive as just a backup in case something goes wrong you will want the computer to reconize it as drive E, since that is the path that the database was created for. I do believe that the new database has the ability to reconize this type of change and correct for it but by making sure that the second drive is seen as E, you can avoid this step all together.

If your second drive shows up as F after the unplugging from the computer and the reboot do you know how to change the drive letter? If not I can walk you through it.

Chris

发表时间 Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 8:59 pm
Drive letter makes no difference in Version 5.

Please bogart - on the new drive is there a VirtualDJ Local Database v5.xml file in the root of the drive ? Yes ? No ?

If you did a 100% MIRROR of your original drive then it should work. Unless you didn't copy everything.

Again, drive letter of the drive makes no difference on the discovery of the files information...

cstoll

发表时间 Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 9:24 pm
cstoll wrote :
Drive letter makes no difference in Version 5.

Please bogart - on the new drive is there a VirtualDJ Local Database v5.xml file in the root of the drive ? Yes ? No ?

If you did a 100% MIRROR of your original drive then it should work. Unless you didn't copy everything.

Again, drive letter of the drive makes no difference on the discovery of the files information...

cstoll

I highlighted the files from the first drive and copied to the second one.
Now here is another hitch. I deleted VDJ used reg tool. then reinstalled 3.4 then 4.3 then 5.2.
Still no good. deleted vdj again. from registry also. Now do a search for vdj. There is still a bunch of stuff
that shows up (IE tracklist database 5 xml bdj datavbase xml shortcuts etc.) but cannot delete them.
When you try to delete these items it says it is a shortcut.hit delete and it says no longer in c:// .
ALso one item says vdj .zip and when u try to delete it it says "c:userownersearchesdocvdjskinsvdj zip folder does not exist. file may
have been moved or deleted. also asks if I want to create it. what is that?
If I ignore these and reinstall VDJ it will give me these itrems back again.
I think that is where the problem is. By the way this is vista.

发表时间 Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 11:21 pm
bogart -- why, why? Are you deleting and installing all the time.

Look, you have taken this process to far... you had a simple issue with a simple solution.

Uninstall, reinstall, delete this, delete that.... why not just be patient and fix what you asked.

My friend, at this point unless you are going to wait for suggestions - I am going to have a hard time helping you. Also, now that you have had Version 5 installed once, there is no need to go all the way back to 3.4. That is unless you have deleted the v5 databases that you had already created.

Waiting in despair to attempt to help you...

cstoll

发表时间 Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 11:32 pm
cstoll wrote :
bogart -- why, why? Are you deleting and installing all the time.

Look, you have taken this process to far... you had a simple issue with a simple solution.

Uninstall, reinstall, delete this, delete that.... why not just be patient and fix what you asked.

My friend, at this point unless you are going to wait for suggestions - I am going to have a hard time helping you. Also, now that you have had Version 5 installed once, there is no need to go all the way back to 3.4. That is unless you have deleted the v5 databases that you had already created.

Waiting in despair to attempt to help you...

cstoll

Originally I copied database from shuttle system 3.4. So on the laptop I put in 3.4 with all the database txt and xml. Then 4.3 the ver 5.
I wanted a backup of the drive so I hooked both to the laptop and copied from one to the other. However the one I copied to
is the one with the problem. I was searching for drive and found all the VDJ info which was from way back and that is what I thought could
be wrong and causing the problem. That is why I tried to delete and rebuild.

发表时间 Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 11:38 pm
You should have just installed v5 on your laptop. You had already built the v5 database from your desktop system. No reason to go through the whole process all over again.

So are we now talking about your laptop where you re-installed ? Or, did you do it to both systems?

cstoll

发表时间 Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 12:18 am
cstoll wrote :
You should have just installed v5 on your laptop. You had already built the v5 database from your desktop system. No reason to go through the whole process all over again.

So are we now talking about your laptop where you re-installed ? Or, did you do it to both systems?

cstoll

Never put 5 on the shuttle system (desktop). I was using 3.4 as it was very stable for me.
I copied the files from shuttle onto ext hard drive.
That is why I put 3.4 4.3 and then 5.2 on the laptop.

发表时间 Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 12:31 am
OK, so now I understand where we are at... so the original external hard drive still has the v5 database though in the root correct ? Or did you delete that file ?

And, so where are you? Do you have version 5 re-installed on the laptop?

发表时间 Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 1:53 am
cstoll wrote :
OK, so now I understand where we are at... so the original external hard drive still has the v5 database though in the root correct ? Or did you delete that file ?

And, so where are you? Do you have version 5 re-installed on the laptop?

Yep orig drive still has 5 local database xml. Ver 5.2 is on laptop.

发表时间 Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 9:41 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)