快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: great job on v5

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I used v5 for the first time live Saturday. I tested the hell out of it for a weak before live showing. I wasn't sure if something was going to pop up like freezing folders or plug-ins glitching something. I showed my GM the new setup and she was exited about how I was going to do a mostly video show.

1st of all the early night before the dancing really began. I played 80s videos with transitions of liquor promo videos I got from the club. This was a hit with the management team. Just so happened that another sales rep was there and was very invious. I think that I should get a video from him now.

Now when I started to switch over to dance music, I played the videos with more elaborate (sp) transitions mixed with shadow dancers. Everyone loved it, you could see everyone staring at the screens. The shadow dancer files are at least a gig of video sloted into 3 different video clip boxes. It does take about 3 seconds to process but it's a beautiful thing when you have no videos for some songs.

I have a folder to act as a database in which I love the split sort function if your in a single folder and the song is in another folder. I also have a folder to scan all the unanalyzed stuff... very nice for catching songs that used slip into the crack of nowhere land.

Man I was zipping around VDJ5 like I developed the program. It was fantastic. At first, I didn't like how the search engine for the hip hop BPM's but realized that the ones that had the most problem were sloted at the beginning of the sorting so they were easy to find and fix and only the only ones that were below the 86-88 bpm had to be checked.

The bottom line is I had no brain cramps trying to make everything work smoothly and effortlessly. Hell, I even had several beers. By the end of the night, people where coming up to me and congratulating me on my show. Even the bartenders said I did a great job and they are very hard to please sometimes since they hear all the DJ's shows night, after night. My mashups where on point and could move from song to song with ease.

I can't wait to put together a demo DV to grab some more nights.

Not once did my computer buzz, hum, crack, pop, freeze or delay.

So all you no license users wondering if this is the software for you. Damn, I love this thing.

Went to a club on Friday night and the DJ's were sharing 2 panasonics with multiple laptops. ( 3 in all ) so they had to plug and unplug all night. They ran music videos through an external software on the computer so they had no matching of the video to the theme of the music being played. I did manage to get a look at what software they were using ( serato ) which was very stable for the scratching they were doing. At least until they blew the curcuits with everything they had hooked up.

Anyway, Very nice devopement>>> kudos

发表时间 Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 1:14 am
By the way, I love being able to have multiple computers with V5 and work / practice on my music and it catches everthing as if it was one computer.

发表时间 Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 1:56 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)