快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Best DJ Software for caulculating BPM's - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Okay I'm looking for the best BPM calculator here.

I'm not looking to change softwares, just use the bpm calculator and manually edit any erronious bpm values in VDJ.

The only other dj soft I have at home is PCDJ red v5 (circa 2002) It does a good job.

Open for suggestions.

发表时间 Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 11:08 pm

Mixmeister does a great job

发表时间 Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 11:08 pm

发表时间 Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 11:10 pm
@dj-in-norway. Just like the link you just posted above ( http://www.pyramidedata.dk/autobpm.html ), don't you think it would be nice if we could choose a range in VDJ when it calculates the BPM. Maybe it could eliminate going back in there & halving the BPM.
If VDJ finds a BPM that is 162 & you told it to stay in the range of 75-150, then it will just half it.
It would help out a lot of the people who play the slower, music i.e.Hip Hop.

发表时间 Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 11:15 pm

发表时间 Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 11:19 pm
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
beatunes does a very good job...btw it does key now as well

发表时间 Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 11:22 pm
Mantahoe wrote :
@dj-in-norway. Just like the link you just posted above ( http://www.pyramidedata.dk/autobpm.html ), don't you think it would be nice if we could choose a range in VDJ when it calculates the BPM. Maybe it could eliminate going back in there & halving the BPM.
If VDJ finds a BPM that is 162 & you told it to stay in the range of 75-150, then it will just half it.
It would help out a lot of the people who play the slower, music i.e.Hip Hop.

Its noted, and on Dev teams top list. So maybe something new cool in 5.1

发表时间 Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 11:26 pm
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

发表时间 Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 12:26 am

A small tip to the BPM arsenal of tools :

probably the most over-looked and under-rated way of correcting BPM/CGB's in VDJ

All it takes is setting anchor on the beat ;)

发表时间 Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 12:55 am
dj-in-norway wrote :

probably the most over-looked and under-rated way of correcting BPM/CGB's in VDJ

also the the automix settings on the same menu are overlooked enter & exit points etc.

发表时间 Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 1:32 am
dj-in-norway wrote :

OKay so I calculate bpm, them adjust cbg to match the first upbeat of the bar.

Then do I set anchor #1?

Explain anchor set to me
Thanks to johnny and some msn sessions I'm adjusting cbg's like a mad feind but what does anchor do?

发表时间 Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 1:33 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Cue up the first down or kick drum beat.
Open the editor
Click the top set beat button.
Start track and count out 16 or 32 beats (less if its a simple beat or club beat)
Pause track and align waveform to indicator.
Click the set 2nd beat box.
Correct the whole mess by changing the counter to read the correct number of beats you counted, ie:4, 16, 32 etc...

That should do it.

发表时间 Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 1:51 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Question..can this be done using the jog wheels or does the track need to be playing?

发表时间 Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 2:02 am
use jogs, and have the track NOT playing ;)

easier to stop on the beat then

发表时间 Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 2:05 am

发表时间 Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 4:59 pm
I was using the bpm anchor & jogs last night and FINALLY corrected the bpm's on a Beenie Man track that was MURDER to beatmix before. I could do it if I was paying very strict attention and was quick on the pitch bend buttons while corssfadeing.

Now can just pay attention to the channel volumes and eq's.

Very helpfull tip.

And It saved me spending money on a software I wouldn't use other than to calculate BPM's.

Thanks!!

:)

发表时间 Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 7:38 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
bpm engine ....and the winner is ............ : pcdj NO DOUBT (save bpm in tags )

发表时间 Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 7:19 am
If using an external bpm scanner (like mixmeister or pcdj) since they save the info to your tag does this information replace the vdj scanned bpm? If not is there a way that it can other than manually editing it?

Also anybody know how to get vdj to read .avi video file info? I have yet to see any tags for this format and vdj doesn't seem to read the comma deliniated file name.......any suggestions anybody?

发表时间 Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 7:44 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Man-Tk wrote :
bpm engine ....and the winner is ............

Us, our heads are better than any program. We just need to put in the work sometimes.

发表时间 Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 3:03 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
TearEmUp wrote :
Man-Tk wrote :
bpm engine ....and the winner is ............

Us, our heads are better than any program. We just need to put in the work sometimes.

U R right , I only use my ears for mix (skin with separate waves and no bpm info) ..but if you want to do a loop or put a sample you need and accurate bpm -

发表时间 Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 5:26 pm
87%