快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: DMC3 CONTROLLER - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I started this thread because this thread is closed:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/64139/General_Discussion/Develop_a_Numark_Controller_(give_your_ideas_directly_to_Numark_here_).html

The following quote was taken from the DN-HC4500 thread (page 8):

dj-in-norway wrote :
darloboy wrote :
If Only Numark had listened to us when we asked for this style of controller.

they do, and where themselves active posting in the thread about the future numark controllers ;)

And their Product Manager is very often at this forum... so no worries:)

We all should know by now that the DMC2 is actually the controller for the four-year old CDN-90. The following images were provided by DJ-in-Norway in the DN-HC4500 thread (page 9):

CDN-90 (2003)

DMC2

If you compare the images, the four-year old CN-90 and the new DMC2 are both are identical. The only difference is the color of certain buttons when they light up.

If the Numark Product Manager is still visits this forum, I hope he reads this thread and the following improvements on the DMC3:

This is the type of touch sensitive jog wheel that should be included on the DMC3:

Include two soundcards.

Headphone Jack

A replaceable crossfader that can be purchased most stores that sell DJ equipment

Add Gain, High, Mid, and Low controls knobs. Try to locate these knobs where the names Numark and DMC2 appear on the controller. If space is an issue, Numark could add one set of control knobs and a toggle switch.

Use actual red LEDs and not pink

Price it no higher than $499

In conclusion, I hope Numark can truly set a new mark with the DMC3 controller because this was not done in my opinion with the DMC2. Consequently, anybody else with any suggestions, please post your suggestions here. Hopefully Numark will respond this time ;)

OO

发表时间 Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 8:16 pm
Double O wrote :

If the Numark Product Manager is still visits this forum, I hope he reads this thread and the following improvements on the DMC3:

This is the type of touch sensitive jog wheel that should have been included on the DMC3:

http://www.numark.com/axis9

Include two soundcards.

Headphone Jack

A replaceable Crossfader that can be purchased

Add Gain, High, Mid, and Low controls knobs. Try to locate these knobs where the names Numark and DMC2 appear on the controller. If space is an issue, Numark could add one set of control knobs and a toggle switch.

Use actual red LEDs and not pink.

right on the money, especially A replaceable Crossfader that can be purchased at a local store.
*removable crossfader VIA 2 screws from the top.

发表时间 Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 8:23 pm
Keep in mind Numark that you are competing against this:

and this:

Both controllers cost $499 and have important features that the other doesn't have. Therefore, the DMC3 should be a combination of both and a few extra features that will set a new mark.

OO

发表时间 Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 8:47 pm
Here’s another feature that the HC4500 can perform that I would like to see on the DMC3:

The ability to control a Numark dual CD player, which means Numark will have to sell an optional CD player separate from the controller. The likely CD player would be the one for the CDN-95 because it replaced the CDN-90. In fact, it also looks exactly like the DMC2:

Make sure you look closely

CDN-95

DMC2

OO

发表时间 Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 9:23 pm
Double O wrote :
Use actual red LEDs and not pink

The buttons on the DMC-2 are actually red (Blue + red to match the colour scheme used by Cue and VDJ.)

They just look pink in digital photos. DAC-3 CUE buttons (Also red) look exactly the same in digital photos.

发表时间 Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 9:46 pm
Thanks for the info about the buttons because they definitely look pink to me.

OO

发表时间 Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 9:49 pm
You guys are funny. You will never be satisfied, no matter what any company does. As soon as they give you the controller you want, someone will come out with a new one. There is always gonna be "the next thing". That's how they make money. I have learned not to be dazzled by the bright lights, and get every new thing, because I know there is a new one right behind it. It was great business sense on Numarks part, to release this controller. Why re-invent the wheel, when we can just re-configure a controller we have. That Denon controller is old already, it was shown at the DJ convention in 2006. Is it even released yet? If so, they are already working on a new one.

发表时间 Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 10:09 pm
My ideal controller would be:

• 3u 19" rack mount.
  • High-quality built-in sound card with 3 stereo outputs (3rd used for samples.)
  • Large, touch-sensitive colour LCD screen in the centre of the controller.
  • Touch sensitive jogwheels.
  • High-precision pitch sliders (1024 steps or perhaps better.)
  • High quality back-lit rubber buttons for the most commonly used functions such as: Play, Cue, Loop In/Out/Reloop, pitch bend +/-, keylock and jogwheel mode.
  • Ability to control dual-CD drawer unit from the same manufacturer (Allow it to be used as both a software and hardware controller in one.) A source button or switch on each side would be used to toggle between CD and software control.

The screens for the LCD display would be created using XML and bitmaps similar to the current skin SDK. This would allow you to define the various screens that the user can choose from and allow unlimited possibilities. The default screens could include:

• Audio playback optimised screen with on-screen software mixer.
  • Video playback optimised screen with 3x preview screens and on-screen video crossfader.
  • Full-screen file browser.
  • Effects screen.
  • Sample screen.

发表时间 Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 10:13 pm
@jpboggis

I think your suggestions are excellent. However, I think the price would be a lot more than $499.

OO

发表时间 Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 11:05 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
You will never be satisfied, no matter what any company does….. Why re-invent the wheel, when we can just re-configure a controller we have

That would also apply to you. I’m sure you’ve asked for more on VDJ—and you got it If we didn’t let companies know what we wanted, how could they give it to us. I don’t expect Numark to start from scratch; instead, update the DMC2. Furthermore, the “wheel” has been reinvented: it’s now touch sensitive.

OO

发表时间 Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 11:14 pm

Unfortunately for the wishes here, I doubt a DMC-3 is the top priority of Numark. At least it wouldnt be mine, if I was Numark ;)

They have a good working DMC-2 out, and one can say to one turns blue in the face that it looks like CDN-90. That just dont matter ;) Thats the LOOKS of it. DMC-2 is a SOFTWARE controller. And works great. Reusing older Numark technology or not.. Its irrelevant.

If I where Numark, my top priorities would be :

1) Make a hybrid midi(hid)/hardware mixer (like Ecler Nuo4, Rane TTM57 etc)
2) Make TotalControl MK2 with touch-sensitive jogwheels, maybe even add soundcard (this is an easy to sell unit, take on Vestax VCI)
3) iCDX Mk2 - take on CDJs/Denons for real this time
4) Make a hybrid midi(hid)/hardware mixer WITH soundcard (Numark VirtaulVinyl ready-to-go mixer)

And maybe then look at something like DMC-3 :)

But who knows.. DAC-4 is in the making according to roumors (or is that actually the Denon?), and Denon seem to be making a killer rackmount controller. It might just turn on some competition spirit in Numark to try take that on.

I'm not the Numark CEO, so I wouldn't know anyway ;)

发表时间 Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 11:28 pm
Double O wrote :
A Man and His Music wrote :
You will never be satisfied, no matter what any company does….. Why re-invent the wheel, when we can just re-configure a controller we have

That would also apply to you. I’m sure you’ve asked for more on VDJ—and you got it If we didn’t let companies know what we wanted, how could they give it to us. I don’t expect Numark to start from scratch; instead, update the DMC2. Furthermore, the “wheel” has been reinvented: it’s now touch sensitive.

OO

Wrong on both points. I am old and can't remember what I did yesterday, but don't think I have ever asked for a new feature in VDJ. I will let you search the forum, to prove me wrong. It's OK, I've been wrong before, and won't slit my wrist when I am again. The last time I looked, you can't re-invent anything. That was my point.

发表时间 Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 11:55 pm
Since you’re not sure, then how can I be wrong? Nevertheless, I’m sure you’ve asked for more than what was offered sometime in your life—it’s human nature. Moreover, something can be reinvented. Here’s the definition from a Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary:

Reinvent- (1) to make as if for the first time something already invented (2) to remake or redo completely (3) to bring into use again

Therefore, to reinvent something is possible. If you want me to explain how it relates to my example about touch sensitive wheels, I would be happy to do so.

OO

发表时间 Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 12:53 am
dj-in-norway wrote :

Unfortunately for the wishes here, I doubt a DMC-3 is the top priority of Numark. At least it wouldnt be mine, if I was Numark ;)

You could be right.... If Numark doesn't come out with something by the time I'm ready to buy, I'll get the HC4500.

OO

发表时间 Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 1:02 am

发表时间 Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 3:41 am
What an incredible waste of time, but I knew you would do the search, that's why I suggested it. You will have to do better, grasshopper. As for the controller, go for the Denon. It's a great controller, but as soon as you buy it, the next week, there will be a new on. A new ipods coming out today, and I don't have one yet. How many does that make?

发表时间 Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 7:41 am

hey. lighten up all of you ;)

No need to start a fight over this.. .. ;)

And future controllers seems valid and interesting I bet for many.. The Denon thread been one of the most read topics on the forum lately :)

发表时间 Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 5:17 pm
I'd be happy if Numark would just add a sound card to the DMC2 with 2 L&R RCA input and 3 L&R RCA output

发表时间 Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 6:45 pm
@Norway

You’re right.... I shouldn’t have even responded to the man.

OO

发表时间 Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 8:07 pm
jpboggis wrote :
My ideal controller would be:

High-quality built-in sound card with 3 stereo outputs (3rd used for samples.)

You should be able to do this with two sound cards and the Multi-Instance skin.

OO

发表时间 Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 5:05 pm
83%