快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Black border around video screens

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I am now noticing a black border around my video screens. It isn't too wide... but it definitely noticeable. I dont think this has anything to do with my video drivers. I am seeing the black border in my VDJ VMIX windows.

I noticed this because when I tried out the titler it moves to the center... but when it moves back the first letter on each line moves back to the left into the black border.

You would think well why is this a problem? Its a problem because I adjusted my TV OUT settings on my video card to slightly zoom the screen so it eliminates this black border. But now if I want to use the titler when it shifts to the left it cuts off the first letter on each line. Big problem.

The videos were probably formatted with a slight border around the screen so there probably isn't much the VDJ program can do to eliminate these black borders. But in regards to the titler... VDJ can program it so it doesn't shift it too far to the left. Maybe move it over a tad so the letters don't sit inside the black border.

I use uncompressed PO original VOB files... so I doubt it has to do with my files.

发表时间 Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 7:35 am
Any word on this? Seems like a rather large oversight.

发表时间 Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 9:14 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
csu

1) got the same problem myself, at first i thought it was something connected to the cinemascope pluggin but ruled that out by deleting it so it seems that is not affecting the screen,

2) the titler effect is working ok for me,

3) now this is the big problem for me and i certainly hope you guys can come up with a solution as i'm moving to a new club on friday and need to have video working flawlessly, prior to the new updates video output to screens was perfect, you got on the screens what you saw in the video monitors, now there still perfect in vdj monitor but when outputted to video screens the signal is lousy, contrast and brightness is all over the place and the picture is like at half strength, this fault has happened in three seperate venues so can rule out fault on their equipment, i've checked my own cables to their video switchers and they are ok so the problem appears to come down to the output card which is an "nvidia geforce go 6100" in its defence it has worked with no hiccups since febuary the only thing i can think what has happened one of the barman i know has done it before has been screwing about with the settings again so if anyone of you can talk me through to reset them i'd be extremely grateful...cheers

Tayla

发表时间 Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 2:27 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Tayla,

Try removing the drivers, rebooting and reinstalling them from the nvidia site. Should get you back to the stock settings.

Can you guys be a bit more specific about this video output problem perhaps show me an example to pass on to the dev team?

发表时间 Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 2:50 pm
thanks cyder

will try doing the drivers later and give you an update on that.

tried to get a jpg onto this page but just don't know how to do it, anyway when using video it now appears as though the video is in a black picture frame, is probably the best way to describe it...thanks for your help

Tayla

发表时间 Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 5:16 pm
I am having the titler issue also. It comes out but when it resets, it is cut off at the left side. It is OK on the skin, but cut off on my output monitors. I don't have any borders, and the videos look the great.

发表时间 Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 10:41 pm
@ cyder

as promised an update, did a re install of drivers as suggested unfortunately no joy there so got onto their "tech guys" and they are suggesting that as its under warranty i take it to their repair department for a re install, advice i need now is if i take the vdj folder from my documents and put it tempoarily on my E/HD where my music files are, then return the folder to the lappy after a re install, will i lose any or all information that i've put in since the update. this has got me crappin myself because i've spent days filling in missing file info especially on video side of things and i'm only upto "Q" alphabetically so advice from anyone if cyder is not available appreciated as i've got to go to the shop shortly and the weekend starts tonight and a new venue begins tomorrow, thanks for any help...

Tayla

发表时间 Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 12:18 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)