快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: chuck's tuesday night out

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

every tuesday night i go to this really amazing open mic night near me ........ myself and my bud Steve The Guitar God and Sarah are kinda the house band ..... plus i help out with the mixing board which is real interesting .....

this week with zero for warning Sarah whips out a cello ......so there i am mic in out a cello w/ an AKG C 1000 ..... not the first choice of the super producers but i gotta make some magic w/ the tools at hand ....... we had 2 guys with loop machines this week ..... one was a acoustic guitar the other was a didgeridoo mounted on a telescope tripod ( i\'m not makin\' this up ) ..... i have guys w/ 12 strings and no pickups .... all sortsa stuff

it gets pretty interesting and the talent level is way , way beyond the normal open mic kinda thing

i actually turned down work at a decent club in Philly so i can do this .......they were kinda stunned .... they are nice enough , but they had a little of that nobody tells us no thing .... save that for the youngsters , at some point you start to do more \'n more of stuff yer just plain into ......the money will follow ...... i am too busy each week between sun and wed to add on any more .... the upside to that is i only take weekend mobile work that appeals to me .... it has to be interesting or challenging or pay good or preferably at least 2 of the 3 ........ it has to pay decent or it\'s a non starter

Sarah played a track she recorded with one of the guys from the Hooters , if you remember them .... it was real commercial and she was mocking it , but hey ya gotta pay the bills ....if ya ask me it sounds like it could be a success .... one guy came up he was a Christian rocker dude with a cd coming out in Oct .....based on what he was saying about it and the studio i\'d guess he has a budget in the low 6 figures ...... lotsa talent in lotsa genres inside this non descript little place .......

Sarah is very talented singer songwriter and i give drum lessons at her studio .... she\'s kinda a big deal in the world of breast cancer fund raising and has friends from all over U.S. and Canada ....... i enjoy trying to help out with fundraisers for certain causes ..... she actually charges me .......zero.... for using her studio for drum lessons for local kids ...... that\'s the kinda person she is ..... anyway it\'s really an amazing night , i look forward to

this week local parents and kids turned out so we played Sarah's ''It's cool being weird " which is one of her signature tunes and kinda a mantra for her , myself and her studio , and we kinda pass that along to the kids .....

one of these days we'll post up some of the video to youtube and i'll provide the link we have decent video camera some nights but not all ....

发表时间 Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 3:02 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Nice, hope to see the links soon:)

发表时间 Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 12:57 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)