快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Volume problems

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Ive been using vdj for a while and ive been having the same problem every night with the volume and i have to fix it bc i blew out a couple of speakers alread. i use the denon x900 great mixer and i have it connected to a dual cd player then i connet my vdj to the other 2 channels controlled with the dac 2. when i use regulr cd the sound is perfect when i start using vdj the left channel is always louder then the right and and the volume is so low. i have to higher the gain all the way to make the volumes equal with the cd player. can any one help. maybe is the settings i have on vdj ??

发表时间 Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 7:14 pm
What sound card are you using? Maybe you need to change a setting in that menu. When you say left channel, do you mean channel or left player? Maybe the mixer in the sound card, has the channel down. Also, you can try to change your auto gain settings in VDJ. Configure>options>auto gain>try Always 0db.

发表时间 Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 9:09 pm
kaoz99PRO InfinityMember since 2006
djmikebk wrote :
Ive been using vdj for a while and ive been having the same problem every night with the volume and i have to fix it bc i blew out a couple of speakers alread. i use the denon x900 great mixer and i have it connected to a dual cd player then i connet my vdj to the other 2 channels controlled with the dac 2. when i use regulr cd the sound is perfect when i start using vdj the left channel is always louder then the right and and the volume is so low. i have to higher the gain all the way to make the volumes equal with the cd player. can any one help. maybe is the settings i have on vdj ??

djmikebk
one reason for this is that CD's are mastered as wav files, when mastered are 100% peak, mp3's on the other hand are compressed so if u have downloaded song from the internet or have recorded them, they may have been recorded at a lower volume (50% or less in some cases). Best practice ( for me, everyone has there own way) is that i use Adobe Audition 2, i remaster all my files wether i down load them or record them from vinyl.

i amplify the volume to over 100% (say 150%) then reset it down to 90% then save.
2 reasons for this is:
1. you will know that the majority of all your music will be the same level when playing through vdj

2. when you want to burn these files to CD, when the uncompress from MP3 to WAV they will not over modulate.

Hope this helps you
any other comments on this would be great

Cheers
Kaoz

发表时间 Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 12:17 am
thanx kaoz i did that to all my files but i keep on having the same problem were i load the same song to both decks and the left one always seems to be lower even when i dont connect my sound card (the numark cue sound card). you think its something with the menu.??

发表时间 Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 6:31 pm
Does Windows see a multi-channel sound card as multiple cards? With my sound cards sometimes one gets defaulted to a lower volume when I reboot my machine. Check the volume settings in the standard sound control panel.

发表时间 Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 6:51 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)