快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Getting Started Please Help

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hey everyone,

I want to buy a new Mac in order to use the new VDJ because I heard Macs don't give as much problems. I've been using an IBM thinkpad and a different software and I've had my laptop crash, which ruins a gig. I was reading the requirements for VDJ on the mac and they recommend a 3 Ghz processor but the macbook pro only goes up to 2.4 Ghz. I won't be doing any video stuff on it but I'm wondering if I should still go with the macbook pro, or is there another portable mac that would be better. I appreciate all the help and I'll be a registered user soon, once I get my mac!

Thanks in advance

发表时间 Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 10:02 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The macbook pro with 256 mb of video and 2 gb or more of ram

is a good mac if you want to video mix

a macbook with 2gb ram will be ok if you only do Audio mixing :)

发表时间 Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 10:06 am
Welcome to the VDJ and Mac communities Crimson09.

Just for reference, I've been using a 1st generation MacBook Pro 1.83Ghz Core Duo (NOT Core 2 Duo) / 128Mb VRam / 2Gb's System Ram with VDJ ( windows version for now using Apple's BootCamp http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/ ) and mixing videos and visuals for almost a year now. The Mac dev team at Atomix is working furiously to get us the Mac version of the newly released VDJ 5.0, so it should be here shortly.

As sky mentioned, of course the higher end 15" MacBook Pro and 17" MBP are going to give you the most that Apple has to offer in their professional notebook line, but the lower end model is no "slouch" either. ;)

In my opinion, just make sure you get a MacBook Pro which have dedicated graphics cards (although some of our members here say that they're able to run video fine with just a MacBook which uses Intel integrated graphics) and you should be fine.

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

发表时间 Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 12:23 am
Thanks a lot, I'll probably end up getting the MacBook Pro 15" with the 256MB video card, just in case I want to get into video/karaoke mixing later on. It looks like it's only $300 more than the MacBook Pro with 2.2 Ghz and 156MB video card. Thanks again, I'm sure I'll be posting again once I get my Mac in about two months.

发表时间 Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 12:33 am
Crimson09 wrote :
Thanks a lot, I'll probably end up getting the MacBook Pro 15" with the 256MB video card, just in case I want to get into video/karaoke mixing later on. It looks like it's only $300 more than the MacBook Pro with 2.2 Ghz and 156MB video card. Thanks again, I'm sure I'll be posting again once I get my Mac in about two months.

If you can...Why not hold off for a little while longer before making such a purchase? If your going to buy a new Macbook Pro specifically to run VDJ, wait until the new 5.0 Mac version gets released. I am currently using Bootcamp and Windows XP on my Macbook Pro (2.33 ghz (dual), 2 gb Ram, 17", 200 gb HD) to run video. Who the Hell wants to do that when you have a $3,000 computer? There are alot of issues with the Mac version of VDJ right now, especially with the new Macbbok Pro's that you are interested in purchasing, (the 2.4 ghz Santa Rosa). My brother owned one and had all sorts of problems with the video card. My advice...Hold off as long as possible, DONT make a $3,000 bad/uniformed decision. If you need more info, I'll help as much as possible.

发表时间 Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 6:00 pm
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
Crimson09 wrote :

If your going to buy a new Macbook Pro specifically to run VDJ, wait until the new 5.0 Mac version gets released.

Well C5, Crimson09 did say that he would be getting his Mac in a couple of months. By that time, not only will Leopard be available and come free with all Macs sold at that time (and there will possibly even be some minor MacBook Pro spec updates as well), but I'm betting that we'll have VDJ/VV Mac 5.0 by that time as well... version 1.0 for Mac actually. =P

If I were Atomix (or any company), I'd want to ride Apple's huge publicity wave for the release of their vista-crushing Mac OS X by introducing a new Mac product at or around the same time.

Of course, the sooner we get VDJ/VV Mac the better Atomix... but NOT before it's done. ;)

发表时间 Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 10:32 pm
ConQuest wrote :
I'm betting that we'll have VDJ/VV Mac 5.0 by that time as well... version 1.0 for Mac actually. =P

Don't want to be a Hater but Quest...we've been betting/waiting for quite some time. I've got a $3000 computer, a $1600 mixer (Pio 800), 2 Pio CDJ 1000's....You can't get better than that. Maybe its frustration, but I'm sick of waiting and feel like I have made a bad decision on counting on this software to work. I can't even get a 5.0 release to run with Bootcamp and XP.

发表时间 Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 10:54 pm
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
Don't want to be a Hater but Quest...we've been betting/waiting for quite some time.

I know.

CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
I've got a $3000 computer, a $1600 mixer (Pio 800), 2 Pio CDJ 1000's....You can't get better than that.

We know.

CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
Maybe its frustration,

You know .... ;)

CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
but I'm sick of waiting and feel like I have made a bad decision on counting on this software to work.

Yes, I understand the frustration C5.

At the beginning of August LAST year, when we were told that the Mac version of VDJ 4 would be available "around Christmas", I was looking forward to dumping windows off of my Mac by February, March at the very latest of this year (I've been in the computer industry long enough to know better than to think that in most cases, a software release date will be pushed back).

Yet here I am installing vista on my MBP as of last week because "the gig must go on."

CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
I can't even get a 5.0 release to run with Bootcamp and XP.

If you're talking about Cue 5.0 windows, I don't know.

I, like you, was under the impression that the changes were minor and superficial (to reflect Numark branding).

I don't see why it would be anything more, but then again, I'm not a dev.

I bet we'll see it ... as much as I hate to say it ... "soon".

Hopefully early this week so that you have time to test it before your big press release gig this weekend.

EDIT:

As I was writing the response above, this was being written on another thread:

dj-in-norway wrote :

yes, as posted several times, there where some initial things discovered after release of VDJ5, that Numark wanted to have fixed before the release, and that Dev team worked on fixing.

It should be released early this week though..

发表时间 Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 11:15 pm
Sorry Crimson. I don't want to hi-jack your thread. I just don't want you to make a decision that you may not be happy with.

发表时间 Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 11:27 pm
It looks like this threads creator, Crimson09, has gotten his questions answered and he has indicated that he will be posting here in a couple of months when he gets his new Mac.

This thread has now turned into a C5 asking for VV Mac or for Cue 5.0 windows and these requests have been addressed and may continue to be addressed on other threads specific to those requests. =)

So having said that...

发表时间 Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 11:28 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)