快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Recursing Folders

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ok, I was used to the local database that stored ther stuff I wanted to search against.

So databases are stored against each drive, OK, I understand the logic but...

What if you have drives that have copies of the same tracks as backups (as well as stuff that is needed). Attach them and hey presto, three copies of stuff appear. Not very helpful really as backups are not meant to be seen unless needed (and I dont need three of everything appear!)

Karaoke tracks, how does the bullet button filter work? My karaoke tracks are stored as zips. It doesn't filter them properly so it would seem and now I also have the cdg/mp3 variants showing as I have them backed up in this format on one of my other drives. In other words it makes my search selections so much more complicated and messy.

I've read the V5 release features document and it makes a lot of sense but I cant help thinking that the changes have not been made with full regard to how an individual works. If I just want to single out a search selection i.e. select a favoruite folder I've set-up then I seem to have to wait for 2-3 minutes for it to recurse everytime so I can fully search it.

Please correct me if I'm doing something wrong, I've been working at this all day trying to get mpeg video working (everything else is fine) and I would like a pointer or two ont he points above...

TIA

Paul.

发表时间 Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 4:46 am
chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I don't know how many tracks you have but I am currently at about 60,000 and it only takes about 15 seconds to recurse all of the songs. I was told and it did work for me that you should recurse each folder by itself first then your sorts and finds will be fast and it did work.

Meaning if your folder structure looks like this
My Music
--Alternative
---Bush
---White Town
--Beach Music
---Jimmy Buffet
--Comedy
---Chris Rock

You should recurse the Alternative, then Beach Music, then Comedy. I have 130 folders in my collection and it took me about 2 hours but I just used it tonight and it was blazing fast.

Hope it helps

发表时间 Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 8:37 am
Ok, thanks - that does make sense.

Anyone know about the karaoke tracks though? What is the actual determination of filtering the view by karaoke tracks? Does that include zips that contain cdg and mp3's?

发表时间 Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 2:55 pm
Bump.

Anyone know about the karaoke tracks filter?

发表时间 Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 1:04 pm
I'd try filtering by .zip or maybe just zip. I get a syntax error when I try using the automatic filter folder.

发表时间 Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 11:50 pm
I am able to use *zip in the search bar. I need to figure out how to use the filter folder though.

发表时间 Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 12:00 am
Ok, this is what I did. Recurse all of my Karaoke folders separately, added them to search database. Clicked on blue filter folder, set Karaoke as the name. In the filter box put filename contains .zip That is all.

发表时间 Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 12:17 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Why go that far - just uncheck the Show Music and Show Video from the second bull's eye dot to the right of the search box? Now you will only see your Karaoke files when you search.

Also, if you want to re-create the Local Database - add a Filter Folder (call it Local Database if you want) and use the filter value of -- isscanned=1 or isscanned=0 -- this will show all analyzed and non-analyzed tracks

But if you want to use your own Filter Folder for just Karaoke files use this filter -- type=karaoke

发表时间 Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 3:16 am
Haha, I didn't even notice them. In fact I had to read what you wrote three times just to find them.

发表时间 Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 3:59 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

发表时间 Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 4:00 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)