快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: New Timecode Engine

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi everyone,

I've noticed VDJ5 has a new time code engine, but i can't find any further info on it. I'm curious as to why its been changed, hows its been improved and what improvements i should be able to notice.

Does anyone know?

Gary

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 5:58 pm
I asked the same question, i was told that somebody of the staff is currently working on this information file

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 6:36 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 6:57 pm

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 7:19 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sorry about the confusion guys -- there is another section that addresses the TimeCode being put together. I don't know when it will be done.. but it is being written from what I have been told.

So, sorry; No - it's not in the user guide linked above.

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 7:32 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I do, write a mini guide...
...but as English is not my native language, don't expect it sooner than next week.
(Maybe little later)

--------------------------------
[Some information]

If you worked with timecode cd's or vinyl's before, it is the same logic but some critical functions have improved now.
These are (in a brief):

• Sound / scratching accuracy. ("Clear sound" does this)
  • Improved Smart mode, especially when using legacy cd-players without cd emulation.
    If you use these (Pioneer cdj-100/200's for example) try these settings:
    - Enable auto-cue in options (but not to "always")
    - Set "Lead time" to "0" in TC setup
    - Disable "smart cue" in TC setup
    - Use "goto_cue" commands from your keyboard...
    Magic: Enjoy perfect integration !

• Timecode bypass working again and improved ->audio signal pass through vdj's internal mixer, eq's, fader's, crossfader, preview... all are working now.
  • Fixed a problem with some hardware setup and a harmonic distortion. Sound is clear now.
  • Improved (easier and safer) "One Timecode" mode, no need tricky shortcuts anymore... it is safe now.
    Switch is done automatically when you load the next track to cue and preview it.
    TIP: Set "Autoheadphones" in options to "On Load" for better control.
  • Pitch is always retained now everytime you disengage the timecode, also (internal) player status is always in sync with the timecode player.
    This means that when a song ends and TCV/TCCD is still playing, virtualdj remain in play mode until the user stop the timecode.
  • Possible support for thirty part Timecode vinyls via plugins. (like MsPinky, Serato, ...)

-----------------------------------

If you need some other information feel free to write here.

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 7:36 pm
Thanks a lot apopsis, appreciate it !
And hey, your english looks perfect :-)

One question pls: Is it possible to change the pitch sensitivy in any way ?

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 7:44 pm
the new timecode is sweet! sounds and handles very nice. Cant' compare it to Serato as I have not tried it, but i is definetively better than 4.3.

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 9:56 pm
apopsis wrote :

[*]Possible support for thirty part Timecode vinyls via plugins. (like MsPinky, Serato, ...)

Sorry if I am being stupid, but I can't see the plugins on the download page. Aren't they ready yet??

and thanks Apopsis for your post

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 10:12 pm
asymptote wrote :
apopsis wrote :

[*]Possible support for thirty part Timecode vinyls via plugins. (like MsPinky, Serato, ...)

Sorry if I am being stupid, but I can't see the plugins on the download page. Aren't they ready yet??

and thanks Apopsis for your post

I think they are gonna be uploaded soon.

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 11:23 pm

The plugins are made by users, and hopefully the users will upload them soon, to share them with you guys.

And there will also soon be an SDK for how to make your own plugin to support any vinyl, or change the behavior of your favorite vinyl.

Hang on ;)

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 11:56 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
ciacomix wrote :

There is a the pitch sensitivity option in the Timecode setup, but as far i know it affects how the waveform in the skin respond to the pitch changes, not the actual sound.
Also i remember you had some sync problems with 4.3 please try with 5.0 and let me know if you feel your mix better now.

发表时间 Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 1:45 am
@Aposis: I think V5 is works better for me, however i had no time to do a real long session, will do this on the weekend. As soon as i can tell i will post again in here.

发表时间 Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 8:46 am
apopsis wrote :
ciacomix wrote :

There is a the pitch sensitivity option in the Timecode setup, but as far i know it affects how the waveform in the skin respond to the pitch changes, not the actual sound.
Also i remember you had some sync problems with 4.3 please try with 5.0 and let me know if you feel your mix better now.

The pitch sensitivity also has an effect on the use of the key lock function. At higher values, the Key Lock takes longer to change to where it was set. So you will get a brief increase or decrease in key with a respective increase or decrease of pitch, then it will jump to the correct key where the key lock was engaged.

发表时间 Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 3:53 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)