快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: vdjdatabase, vdj(name)database vdj5 database

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

What are the differences in the three different databases i see in the "my documents" folder?
Which ones or all need to be backed up?

Also, in 4.3 there were two databases; virtualDJdatabase and VirtualDJ(name)database;
what were the differences between these two and which ones or both do we need to backup when we backup to a differente place?

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 5:20 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 5:29 am
Gotcha.

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 5:43 am
I am still confused about the "original" difference between those two xml files in 4.3 1) virtualdjxml and 2) virtualdj(name)xml ?

Which one is the important one as i see that they differ on the updated dates in their properties?

What does each one do on its own?

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 10:32 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
In V5 - any xml ending in v5.xml is for V5. And, they exist in the MyDocuments\\VirtualDJ folder and the root of all external drives. Your old v4 xml (yourname).xml in the MyDocuments\\VirtualDJ folder is there from the initial conversion to the new V5 files. If and when you get to a point that you are completely satisfied with V5 and that everything is working well you can delete the old v4 xml.

In V4 - the virtualdjxml was there from the 3.x days and usually didn't contain anything important. The (yourname).xml is the one that stored ALL DB information.

Hope that helps.

发表时间 Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 1:16 am
Thanks, Pal.

发表时间 Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 5:56 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)