快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: id3 tag issue - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

i selected my files than selected file info and title from tag and it give me the correct info. once i load those files the bpm changes, is ther a way for this not to happen

发表时间 Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 5:30 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
It seems that VDJ is calculating different BPM value than one you have stored in your Tag. Try some settings in new Browser tab.

发表时间 Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 7:32 pm
chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am having the same issue. I have tried using the windows MP3 decoder and no luck.

发表时间 Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 7:48 pm
yo sky or norway, is there a way to fix this

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 6:52 am
I'm dealing with this too. Besides selecting the track one by one & telling it to get the info from the tag, there's no other way I can think of.

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 6:58 am
^^^ thats a pain in the A$$ right there. the upgrade is nice but the little things are missing. by the way is there a way for me to get the timecode dlls

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 7:08 am
That's what i'm waiting on too. Maybe someone will upload them to the download plugins link up top. If I get them, before then i'll let you know. Please do the same.

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 7:30 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djkboogie wrote :
i selected my files than selected file info and title from tag and it give me the correct info. once i load those files the bpm changes, is ther a way for this not to happen

I specifically did not comment on the pre-v5 release/excitement cuz I wanted to see if this would be fixed in V5. Bummer!

Beside that I like how the dev team is going after the competition by integrating ssl crates + multiple timecode support.

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 11:23 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Did you read the new update manual?

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 1:25 pm
DJ-ALF wrote :
Did you read the new update manual?

Yeah, I read it. What do you mean?
Also, what happened to the thread about the serato/ms pinky plugins? It just vanished.

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 2:09 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
About the bpm/tags info, please read the explanation given by Dev Staff here:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/74996/General_Discussion/Great_Job__You_guys_are_God_sent__Except_for_one_thing__).html

Dev staff wrote :
virtualdj only gets the BPM from the tag the first time it sees the file, when it didn't had a chance to analyze it yet.
Once you load a song, virutaldj will analyze it and find its own BPM, and use it instead.
There is no simple "batch" way to reuse the BPM from the tag.

And no it's not been overlooked, there is a good reason to this:
For most of its bpm related features (sync, effects, automix, etc), VirtualDJ needs a lot more information than just a 3 digit figure BPM. These include the phase, the rhythmic structure (4/4), etc..., and these informations are coherent and can't be dissociated (you can't get the phase from the analysis and the bpm from the tag, it just doesn't work that way).

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 2:13 pm
If this is the case how to you get the database to clear so that it will read the BPM in the id tag? I would assume you could delete the database but then all of the songs will show up as not scanned and then there would be no time length of the song available. I have already upgraded to 5.0 so I would need a solution from here.

I have a large collection and I would rather not rescan every song but the bpm in the id tags are correct as I have been manually entering all of them for years so that is what I would like to do. Suggestions would be great.

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 3:02 pm
I don't think that will help cause even though you clear the database & get bpm from the tags, when you load the song. vdj is going to overwrite the value.

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 3:15 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
apopsis wrote :
About the bpm/tags info, please read the explanation given by Dev Staff here:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/74996/General_Discussion/Great_Job__You_guys_are_God_sent__Except_for_one_thing__).html

Dev staff wrote :
virtualdj only gets the BPM from the tag the first time it sees the file, when it didn't had a chance to analyze it yet.
Once you load a song, virutaldj will analyze it and find its own BPM, and use it instead.
There is no simple "batch" way to reuse the BPM from the tag.

And no it's not been overlooked, there is a good reason to this:
For most of its bpm related features (sync, effects, automix, etc), VirtualDJ needs a lot more information than just a 3 digit figure BPM. These include the phase, the rhythmic structure (4/4), etc..., and these informations are coherent and can't be dissociated (you can't get the phase from the analysis and the bpm from the tag, it just doesn't work that way).

Ok.. but what about those of us who have NO NEED for features like (sync, effects, automix, etc) and just want the correct bpm to show on the decks. I basically use virtual dj like a glorified record box(search for tunes, load tunes on deck, then mix manually). A bit of flexibility for all users would be great. Virtualdj still gets the bpm wrong for some files.

Please I am sure you guys can implement the feature to use the ID3 tags on the decks instead of vdj's - put a BIG disclaimer on the manual & in the software about the bmp related features that will be affected by choosing the "ID3 tags on deck" option. Thanks.

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 8:34 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Instead of wanting VDJ to use the ID3 tags BPM data regardless, why not simply ask for an improved BPM engine? Surely that's the issue here, for if there was a time when you want to use a feature that depended on the phase, CBG etc of VDJ, you'd still not be satisfied.

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 9:12 pm
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Why not allow VDJ to analyze all your music, and THEN go get your bpm's from id3?

thats what im doing now and its working well

I understand why they havent allowed you to tell vdj the bpm right off the bat (makes sense that vdj needs more info from analyzing)

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 10:34 pm
ktilak wrote :
Why not allow VDJ to analyze all your music, and THEN go get your bpm's from id3?

thats what im doing now and its working well

I understand why they havent allowed you to tell vdj the bpm right off the bat (makes sense that vdj needs more info from analyzing)

I agree, that works fine. Only problem is it has to be done one by one. At least for me that's the only way it works.

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 11:21 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Mantahoe

If you select several files then right-click and choose the Genre/Year/etc.. option one of the etc options is BPM

发表时间 Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 12:27 am
I just left my machine rescanning all my tracks, I'll try it once I get home. All my files were fresh when I tried i.e. not in the VDJ database. So it might work.

发表时间 Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 12:31 am
On the selecting multiple tags the genre, etc. tag option is there but it does not change the BPMs

发表时间 Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 3:28 am
91%