快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Mixers and Virtual DJ Question

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hey, I am new to laptop djing and I am going to be using virtual dj. My question is, is there anyway to use a standard mixer with virtual dj? Maybe some kind of adaptor that will let me connect it in with a usb? Or do I have to buy a full scale controller/mixer like the MK2? Thank you.

发表时间 Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 3:46 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Yes you can, you just need 4 channels output sound card and you can use VDJ on external mixer as with any turntable or cd player. Herc MK2 is a MIDI controller and software mixer.

发表时间 Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 4:50 pm
Ok, so I guess it means I would have to start and stop the music with my mouse or keyboard on my laptop and then just use the mixer to crossfade and add effects correct?

发表时间 Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 5:00 pm
Yes, that is correct. If you don't wanna use mouse, than MK2 or Numark Total Control is to consider.

发表时间 Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 5:31 pm
efire1PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I am casual DJ ... do some small weddings etc... so I don't have a lot of fancy equipment and by no means know as much as a lot of the others here on site.. but this is what I do and it works for me... my card says simple DJ service so you see I don't do a lot of fancy mixing just crossfads and playing music mostly... I was having simular problems.. being a band member.. I purchased a small Berringer mixer ( new ones are quiet ) and a Indigo Echo DJ (PCMCIA Card) form my laptop.. it's an Asio driven card.. Works great.. no more buzz ... great sound.. it gives you to outputs with 1/8 stero jacks one is for headphone with volume and the other goes to your mixing board.. I love it and have not had a sound problem since I purchased it last year...

发表时间 Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 8:12 pm
MrtimPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Using just a mouse can get pretty dicey on a busy night. Keyboard mapping can get you basic deck control function to get you started with 2 hand operation. If you decide to go further, one of the Midi boxes mention work great. There are USB midi controllers available for around $40 that would allow you to build your own custom control box if you are handy. The MAME crowd has been doing it for years. http://www.arcadecab.com/

发表时间 Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 4:44 pm
This is for hockeydc,

I would suggest looking into getting a midi controller such as the hercules or the Numark Total Control, just because of the fact its like having a mixer and two turntables together, you can control everything from the hercules or the numark total control and it leaves your right or left had scott-free to use your mouse for other things. For example when I first start VDJ like two or three agos now, I was just using a mouse and a keyboard, that was it. Nothing fancy, but after a little while it got annoying. lol, so then i started using the hercules mk1 and I loved that little thing. It got me by when I was just starting out as a DJ, lol, and never failed on me. Now that I have the hercules mk2, and mastered it, I now have my own vinyl turntables and a numark dxm06 mixer so if i want to use timecode I can, and if I dont want to use timecode I can always go back to using the hercules mk2. lol,

so whenever you have free time just go to youtube.com and take a look at some demo's of the herucles mk2 and the total control. Now if you just want to use the mixer and a the keyboard you can, and there is nothing wrong with that, but if you want a little bit more flexibility and a little bit more leisure of your mouse hand, then consider investing a few extra dollars in the numark total control or the vdj hercules mk2.

hope this helps,

=)

发表时间 Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 6:43 pm
Yes, MK2 is good package and it is cheaper than Numark, I have it and it is working good. But Numark is better and it is just MIDI controller so you need external sound card like Maya 44 or Numark DJ/IO.

发表时间 Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 7:31 pm
djjvPRO InfinityMember since 2005
My external soundcard is connected to my pioneer 3000 mixer. I would like to use my fader start on my mixer to trigger the vdj play button, does anyone know how it can be done?
Thanks in advance.

发表时间 Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 1:25 am
smillsHome userMember since 2007
you dont necessarily have to have a fancy soundcard to get this to work.

you can run from your soundcard line out, to your mixer, so that channel 1 on the mixer is deck1 on vdj. and channel 2 on the mixer is deck2 on vdj. so that you can use the mixer to fade/cut between decks and you just use the mouse or keyboard to control play/pause/stop/cue on the laptop.

and you use the headphone jack on the mixer to preview.

if you need a diagram let me know

发表时间 Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 4:47 am
djjvPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Thanks for wanting to help. My set up is just as you have mentioned. What I'm getting at is every mixer has a remote faderstart and a crossfader.This is a industry standard basic dj tool, it makes a dj's life......I use both BPM Studio and VDJ. BPM Studio has a little box with 8 inputs for faderstart which is conected to the labtop by usb cable and it makes my life much easier and I don't have to touch the mouse at all, other than for dragging the songs to the playlist. I would like see this in VDJ.

发表时间 Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 11:18 pm
You could do this if you had timecode cds and cd players too...

发表时间 Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 12:00 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)