快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: How much do you pay for Yellow Pages

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi

The title says it all, but i've heard it said that yellow pages are quite hard to suss out, that some people pay more than others, depending on their negotiation skills. Don't use them myself, but might do if they are reasonable.

AQ

发表时间 Tue 07 Aug 07 @ 8:41 pm
no clue.

however, i'm sure that design, size of advertisement, and keywords for advertisement makes a difference in the price. plus if you are a returning customer, the price should drop.

发表时间 Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 1:35 am
Ran yellow pages for several markets. The thing that you really have to consider is how you want to be placed in catagory. You always want to be placed 1 or 2 as far as the pictures go. Find out who has the primary ad and then evaluate the reason this is a primary ad... size, color, words used.

If the number 1 spot is black and white with no eye catching feature just size. Then you want to either go slightly smaller for budget purposes or add color with a nice artwork to show excitement, enthusiasm, people business. You don't have to go over the top as far as wording. It's the artwork that's going to be "net"

If you choose not to use a picture ad you better change your name to fit the top 3-5 listings. Most poeple will call the first couple of names listed and make a decision based on the sales given. Thats why you see company names list with an A or 1 in front of it.

On average you can plan on spending around 250.00 - 500.00 on an ad but you also have to consider if that ad gets you 1 gig a month to pay for it's self. Then you have to market to professionals at the event and venue.

2-3 years ago I was spending a 1000.00 a month for all my markets (3 markets) but my return was 6000.00 monthly. Now I haven't placed an add this year becuase I built word of mouth locally. I don't tavel nearly as much and gigs are less in numbers but I raise my price accordingly. I may start marketing in the other locations again because my kids loved going into the mountains and skying, swimming and going to the different parks. This was free to me because I built the cost in the contract.

This is a great business. Travel with family or friends and have it taxed deducted or built in the cost.
Theres nothing like getting to an event set up. play and the next day you have family and friends to play with and it didn't cost you a dime.

NOTE---- evaluate the market. If you live in a large market that most will use internet then find the best local sites being used. Smaller markets still use telephone books and you can generate a good "ROI"

What kind of market do you live in - city/ state? Maybe I can help, I don't know.

发表时间 Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 5:53 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)