快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Memory - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I am using Virtual Dj the newest version for home. I bought the Dj Consule MK2 and when I load up a song in the deck, the whole song does not load up, the end of the song will get cut, about the last 40 - 60 seconds. Now if I put on a song that is longer ( much longer ) lets say 30 minutes, the chop off time would increse. Meaning that 3 minutes would be chopped off at the end of the song. I am not sure but I think it might be a % that is being used and not just some random time frame. I had this problem before and they guy said to increase my RAM from 512. So I put in a gig and now have 1.256 worth of RAM and the problem is still the same. What is the problem and can someone help me out please.

Kory

发表时间 Fri 03 Aug 07 @ 5:46 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
on options try to set max load to always :)

发表时间 Fri 03 Aug 07 @ 6:38 pm
skyfxl wrote :
on options try to set max load to always :)

Only if you have enough ram set it to always otherwise vdj hangs, you need at least 1gb ddr2.

发表时间 Fri 03 Aug 07 @ 6:54 pm
The max thing is on, I have ddr only in my laptop, not ddr2 So if I increase my laptop to 2 gigs should it make up for not being ddr2 or will the problem continue? Thanx for you help so far.

发表时间 Fri 03 Aug 07 @ 7:26 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Try using only one module (1Gb one), maybe they don't match ;)

发表时间 Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 7:18 am
I have a new laptop with 1 gig of ddr2 ram, it is still doing the same thing it is chopping off the last 1 min 30 seconds off of a 4 min mix.

I am running windows XP

发表时间 Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 6:06 pm
Does this happen with all your music? I'm guessing you have vbr encoded mp3 files. If you don't load a file, but analyse it, does it report the correct song length? If you then load it, does it still come up as wrong?

发表时间 Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 6:08 pm
I scan my hard drive for music using the virtual Dj software then I an pulling the songs right out of the softwares directory and it still is coming up short at the end. It is still chopping of the last parts of all songs off. I am using MP3, not sure what the VBR means.

发表时间 Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 6:22 pm
VBR means variable bit rate, is much better to rip your songs using CBR constant bit rate, regards.

发表时间 Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 6:43 pm
Unless you're using 320kbps, cbr is by far a worse method to rip your music. VBR in short means constant quality. CBR means constant filesize. VirtualDJ should handle both files ok after analysing.

I did a quick google search for free music, I assume these are being distributed legally:
http://www.zonicweb.net/music/freemusicdownloads/freemusicdownloads.htm

If you try downloading one wma file and one mp3 file from there, do you get the problem with both files?

发表时间 Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 7:06 pm
okay as a .mp3 or as a .wma - the cut off is at the exact same time, but if I play it as a .wav - it plays the whole song.

发表时间 Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 9:16 pm
so why is it that it can not read the entire song in .mp3 format? How do I save my music in cbr and not vbr? I use sound forge and the only option is vbr. Is the some software that I can convert my vbr to cbr? To be honest I have no idea what the hell I saying right now.

Thanx.

Kory

发表时间 Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 9:49 pm
Your music should be fine as it is. Vbr is the better option, but I honestly don't know what is causing your problem of files not loading all the way. This problem exists with wma files too you say? The only thing I can think of (other than worst case scenario a bad stick of ram) is maybe you changed your codec settings? In virtualdj's settings, try the codecs tab and make sure mp3 is set to mp3 decoder.

You can also try the VirtualDJ 4 demo and post back if the problem still exists in that.

发表时间 Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 10:19 pm
Happening on my old lapptop, brand new laptop ( 1 day old ) and my desktop.

Any .MP3 or .wma files don't load up all the way, they get cut off at the end- about the last minute or so of the song does not load up.

As I said if I load up a .wav file/song it plays the full song, no cut offf point.

发表时间 Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 10:27 pm
Where do I find this mp3 codec setting and yes it still does it with the newer version 4.2 trail version

发表时间 Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 10:53 pm
The codec setting may not be in the the Hercules edition, it may have been a new feature to version 4. It's located under a section called Codecs in VirtualDJ's settings. If you have both machines set to Max Load and this is still happening, but with compressed files only, I'm not sure what the problem is. Perhaps one of the teamers will be able to help you. Maybe some sort of anti-virus program that you're running on both the desktop and laptop is causing this problem, although I've never heard of such behaviour before and it's weird that the wav files do load all the way.

发表时间 Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 11:11 pm
Of coarse this is a first, seems to be the story of my life ( hee hee ) Yes I find it wierd that a large .wab file will load up but not a little .mp3. It is not an anti-virus issue, cause I don't have any installed yet on the newer laptop. How do I come in conact with one of these teamers you talk off.

Thanx...

Kory

发表时间 Sat 11 Aug 07 @ 12:39 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

发表时间 Sat 11 Aug 07 @ 12:48 am
Try by making a full reinstall, cause sometimes if windows detects log errors and they are kept in windows registry so uninstall the program completely and delete vdj registry .

发表时间 Sat 11 Aug 07 @ 6:28 pm
I have installed Virtual DJ on 3 computers along with 3 fresh copies of XP Pro too.

Could it be that the problem is XP pro?

Is any one else using Virtual DJ on XP Pro or are they using Vista?

Does it make a difference at all as to what operating system I use?

I tried out deckadance and Traktor and I am not having this problem with this software. All my MP3's are loading up in the decks and playing all the way through. So it appears that this is a software issue and not a hardware issue.

Does anyone have any new ideas as to why this is happening?

I want to buy the upgrade for VirtualDJ, but I am affraid to purchase it and to continue having this problem.

Thanks

Kory

发表时间 Sun 12 Aug 07 @ 4:21 am
95%