快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: BIRTHDAYS

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

In a bar setting, do you play the requested song for the birthday girl or boy. I tend to get annoyed if they come up to me 1 time and then approach me again because I didn't play their stupid song. Trying to place to common persons request wasn't bad enough now I have to play the bday song as quick as posible because they're about to walk out the door.

I'm really starting to hate that bday song - you know the one that no one knows the name of.

发表时间 Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 1:26 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I used to either play Birthday by the Beatles, or have everyone sing Happy Birthday, But no I did not play their "special" song unless it was in my format for the evening. Nothing can kill a dance floor like some birthday girl who wants to hear a country song in a house club to ruin a night.

发表时间 Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 1:36 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
tell the person making the request your either going to play it because it fits in with what your doing or tell them to pi$$ off there's no way in a month of sundays they have any chance of that tune been played because of the style of music thats been played, but you will certainly make sure they get a birthday shout out, they may be disappointed about the tune their not going to hear but you certainly get their respect from them that your not stringing them along while their waiting for their request that ain't gonna get played, always worked for me. this is also true in reverse promise a tune and you don't play it you will lose the respect of your crowd and inevitably doodoo will hit the fan...

Tayla

发表时间 Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 3:08 am
Screw em I say!! I hate it because once it is one persons b-day it is EVERYBODYs damn B-Day. I dont do crap for B-days as I learned my lesson.

发表时间 Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 4:33 am
Nope. Don't play the birthday song. Kills the vibe for the rest of the crowd/rooms. I got shit last night from this birthday group last Friday. The bar has 2 rooms, an upstairs and a patio deck. They just didnt get it that if I played it, the song would go out through the entire club. The only time I would play if it was for a birthday only party.

发表时间 Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 8:13 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
NO!!!! NO Birthday song for you!!!!
At the main club I spinn, it's it's real commercial and we play a lot of sing-a-long shit, s I have to cater to the people, If it's a manager, bartender or waitress; I'll mess with them and play something realy horrable for them and tell everyone that it is their favorit song ever.
sometimes I'll lie and say it's one of the Hot bartenders Birthday so they make more tips and get treated better.

For all other people I'll say Birthday shout-outs but no song dedications unless you are in a groop of like 20 people or more, sometimes if they tip me well and pick a good song, but I would never ask for money..
In the Hip Hop Lounge I spinn in, their are no birthday songs at all.

发表时间 Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 9:45 am
sometimes i'll fade over to 50 cent in da club, looping the "It's ya birthday" bit for about 4 seconds before dropping it in properly. But yeah, only do the cheesey stuff if it's a cheesey birthday party.

发表时间 Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 1:22 pm
the multi room situation you wouldn't do it ....otherwise i think Teary (ptery ) had it right ... i would just do the Beatles .......

they were the band Sir Paul was in b4 Wings ........

发表时间 Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 1:23 pm
It's my friends birthday, can you play that birthday song.

me: which song is that?

You know the one that says it's your birthday, we're gonna party like it's ya birthday. That one.

Me: spinning a bpm of 117-121 at the time heading to 130-137 bpm. I have at least 30 min before I get back into 85 - 95 bpm.

Now if I was the friday night dj - I would be all over the place with bpm and causing trainrecks on every song. But I guess it doesn't matter as long as a good song or not so good song is playing. The point is that people are there to party and get drunk. It doesn't matter about flow and atmosphere as long as I play your song when you ask me to play it.

If it's a birthday song, I better play it withen 2 songs of the one playing now. I guess because I work off a computer, there shouldn't be any problem finding the song in 10 sec and playing it.

These are the same type of people that stand in front of you and see that you have the headphones on and one hand on the mixer and the other on the deck in the middle of the mix. They start talking to you as if you can hear them. Then put their hands in front of your sight becuase you didn't pay attention to them when they walked up. ( hello I'm special - I'm paying good money to be here. I wearing the sluttiest outfit I could find. Pay attention to me now. )

发表时间 Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 5:07 pm
i'll say it again only play a requested song for anything as long it fits with what your already playing but you can lessen the disappointment of a tune not being played by giving a quick shout out for that person and they can walk away from the booth happy-ish...

Tayla

发表时间 Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 5:20 pm
well said tayla ......

what's wrong with a slutty outfit ? is she a nun ?

yesterday at the club liz (bar babe ) claimed she was wearing no underwear , so i skoffed .... but then she proved it ...... that would be a genuinely slutty outfit i should say

ahh work work work......

even i mellow as i go along...... the babes are what they are and the work is what it is ...........

发表时间 Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 5:49 pm
chuck

any chance swapping jobs for a fortnight and we can put it down to work experience/refresher course, years since i worked with rippers in a bar used to love the crack with them err thats chat for you lot...

btw say hello to liz she sounds a right laugh tell her Tayla sends his compliments on choice or lack of clothes...

Tayla

发表时间 Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 6:27 pm
will do ....lol i like liz , i give her son drum lessons and i hang with some cool friendly jammers at her friends open mic night every tues .........

发表时间 Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 8:38 pm
But then again Fatkatz you are getting paid to play what the paying patrons want to hear. If it were me I would have just one Birthday song/shout out a night...no more. As a DJ you get paid from the money that is brought in by them annoying patrons. So swallow your pride and make the iritating B-Day song fit in and work for you. Be creative :)

MS

发表时间 Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 8:51 pm
I can't stand stupid Bday requests. Pisses me off. And if they say "play it because THEY ARE LEAVING SOON"... wrong thing to say to a DJ. I'll wait an hour before I play it. LOL Why am I going to play a song that you want that will immediately make you leave right after.

And if I make any sort of birthday shout out... I will then mysteriously get 20 other birthday requests. If they sound like they are bullshitting me... i'll ask them for ID to prove its their birthday. LOL

发表时间 Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 9:01 pm
dj maddsound wrote :
But then again Fatkatz you are getting paid to play what the paying patrons want to hear. If it were me I would have just one Birthday song/shout out a night...no more. As a DJ you get paid from the money that is brought in by them annoying patrons. So swallow your pride and make the iritating B-Day song fit in and work for you. Be creative :)

MS

Gee Wally, Do I have to. Theres so many other swell people, why do I have to listen to them when theres a 15 other people that made a request as well... : $

发表时间 Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 9:42 pm
I Promo drinks for people's B-day and tell them no shout out or song. - They get a free drink with ID; nothing else.

Usually it's a quick drink - like a shooter - not a double or something like that.

I used to do the whole birthday shout out thing - but I counted one night how many times I would do a shout out, then have a waitress who doesn;t pay attention come up and ask what drink special I just called.

I'd get pestered by customers (normal) AND staff (good thing god made them attractive - cause he sure didn't give em brains)

发表时间 Fri 03 Aug 07 @ 11:09 am
Marcel, I like that idea. Thumbs up.... i'll try it out tonight

发表时间 Fri 03 Aug 07 @ 6:19 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)