快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: New laptop with Vista

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just installed VDJ 4.3 on a brand new laptop. Seem ok so far, but. First it wasn't finding the VDJ pgm. Now it is.
Now when you open vdj the playlist is saved which is fine. However when you go to C:\pgm files\vdj and look in the playlist folder, it is empty. Also when you open the history folder, there are the tunes you played (as it should be).But if you want to change the history, It won't let me.
Example: go to history folder and make changes> exit ( it asks if I want to save changes to C:Pgm files\VD\Jhistory.txt. I click save and get a msg "cannot create the c:\pgm files
\vd\jhistory txt file" make sure the path and file name are correct.
I even went to a pull down menu and made sure file name was same. Still get same results.
First experience with vista. Anyone know what I am screwing up please??

发表时间 Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 9:42 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

发表时间 Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 9:53 pm
cstoll
The database is ok. And from what I can surmize the computer had me as "Owner administrator". Thea is in Control panel, user accounts. It shows owner administrator. So i assume when I turn on computer it is as admin, correct??
The only issue I am having is the history txt file within vdj. Can't make any changes as it keeps telling me "Cannot create the c:\pgm files\vdj\history.txt". However I did get a msg earlier something about needing to be an administrator. But it wasn't in VDJ. Can't get it to give me that msg now though.

发表时间 Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 10:41 pm
Bit of an update.
Today I turned on the computer and I can make changes in the history file.
Except now the playlist that were previously saved within VDJ are gone. Also they still do not appear in C:Pgm filesvdjplaylist.
I got the registry tool. but don't see where you can change the auto save. The
registry tool I have is v 1.5. Can anyone advise where the autosave option is?

发表时间 Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 6:58 pm
The easiest solution for VirtualDJ with Vista (currently, until a permissions fix is released) is to not install it to a protected directory. Uninstall the program and reinstall the program to C:/Users/Your_Name/VirtualDJ rather than C:/Program Files/VirtualDJ. This will bypass all Vista file protection issues.

Alternatively, if you don't mind a slightly unsecure environment: disable UAC. You can find this by entering the User Accounts section from Control Panel.

发表时间 Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 7:25 pm
Andrew87
The UAC is off. When I look at C drive it shows: Users as: default, Owner, and public.
Owner is also shown as administrator, but no name.

发表时间 Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 7:44 pm
So you must have turned UAC off between now and your post made last night (on the 31st)? I can't see there being any problem, other than you're a VIP member and possibly using a beta. In that case, I would expect that the Vista issues have been resolved and the files may be saving to a different location.

发表时间 Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 7:52 pm
Andrew87
UAC was turned off yestarday before post. Not using beta. Brand new computer and first install of any kind was VDJ v 4.3. If files are in different location, any ideas where and how to find?
Did a search for playlist. Found one in Yahoo music foler, and one in microsoft media player.

发表时间 Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 7:59 pm
Well, if you're using v4.3 and UAC is turned off I really have no idea what the problem may be sorry. Your playlists which existed previously have now disappeared? The history file error you were getting yesterday is most likely a UAC problem, but now that that's taken care of I'm as confused as you are why your playlists would just disappear.

The autosave feature was taken out of version4 (what I read in another thread) and there didn't seem to be a resolution for it either.

发表时间 Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 8:12 pm
Andrew87
Thanks. I have to keep searching. Don't know much about computers.

发表时间 Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 8:25 pm

Use the new beta Bogart. Its Vista compatible ;)

发表时间 Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 10:09 pm
That can of worms has been opened. Norway you bad boy.

发表时间 Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 10:37 pm
I think that one was probably a safe bet to be honest!

发表时间 Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 10:39 pm

Its old news :) hehe

Its been stated several times that the new version will fix Vista issues, where VDJ 4.x saves to Programfolders (Vista dont like that)

:)

发表时间 Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 10:59 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Teasing all the way :P

发表时间 Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 2:01 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)