快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Jack versus SpeakOn

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi

What are the differences between using Jack or SpeakOn leads (advantages / disadvantages)?

Also, what is the difference between balanced and unbalanced connections?

发表时间 Sat 28 Jul 07 @ 10:30 pm
I think the main advantage to the SpeakOn connection is that it locks in place.

A balanced signal sends both the regular output and the opposite phase of the signal through the cable. At the other end the difference is subtracted which eliminates any noise picked up in the line.

发表时间 Sat 28 Jul 07 @ 11:33 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Speakon connections are generally used for larger power consumption. Roughly 500w +

发表时间 Sun 29 Jul 07 @ 7:15 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Plugs on your speakers can be pushed out by the high air pressure (comming from the woffer) in the cabinet.

发表时间 Sun 29 Jul 07 @ 9:01 am
personally i use the banana plugs easy to see which way they go ( i always put the positve though the hole) but the real reason i run them is people are always finding a way to pull them out well better to just pull out a plug then loose a speaker stack or have it fall on soom one or have them fall and hurt them selves.

ps and it doesnt matter how i run the cords i could have them incased in concrete and baried some one would find away to get the pulled out. oh well and as far as the extra amps i just use 12 gage ofc wire may cost more but i get the punch i want. (ofc=== oxgen free copper)

发表时间 Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 2:42 am
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
The Jack connector is originally a signal connector meant for line(etc.) and was not intended as a speaker connector.
but somehow it ended up being used as one anyhow.
The disadvantages with jacks are many; the break easily, they can only handle low voltage applications(seldomly recommended to be used at more than 250W) and they are easy to pull out of the system. Put to much juice through a jack connetor and the plastic divider rings on the tip will melt and shortcircuit your system.
Good for guitars and mics, avoid when possible when it comes to speakers.

A Neutrik Speakon however is a professionally made speaker connector which can carry 1-4 stereo pairs (NL2FC, NL4FC,NL8FC) without the risk of interference with eachother. It also has a unique locking mechanism and is virtually unbreakble.
Highly recommended.

A balanced signal only applies to the signal path, not the speaker cabels.
A balanced signal has 3 leads, 1 positive 1 negative and 1 ground, while unbalanced signal run ground with the negative lead.
This means balanced signals are safer for longer distances as any interference with the ground can be removed with a ground lift switch (which almost every amplifier has got) while an unbalanced signal forces you to use a direct injection box or a galvanic divider to get rid of the same problem.
A balanced typically has +3dB louder output compared to a unbalanced signal.

发表时间 Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 4:06 am
Also, a speakon connector has a larger surface area where the two bits of metal meet, for a better connection and reduced signal losses(maybe even better sound). Apparently the actual connection between a jack plug and socket is only about the size of touching your two little finger nails together- so if you're putting several hundred watts all over that tiny connection, it won't be very good!

发表时间 Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 4:10 am
Jacks wear out. The plastic between the 2 pieces or metal shrink and then you have to change it again. Speakons will last for a long time and are fool proff. Thats why they made them. If you want to save money on making your own speaker wires. Just buy the speakon adapters and then buy power cord cable from home depot for 8 bucks. get a 100 foot and cut in half or buy 2 100 feet power cords. Ive been using them for over 5 years and i DJ yed over 300 parties using them and they work excellent and sound beautiful. I used the wires hooked up to crown amps and QSC plx .

发表时间 Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 8:28 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)