快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Virtual DJ locks up - Page: 2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

This happened to me last night at a gig for the first time since installing V5.0 rev2 (it also happened in previous versions). I had just dragged a video file into a virtual folder and began playing another when the skin froze. Waveform still moving, sound still playing but no response from the browser(leaves trails if you resize browser). I was surprised since I have done several shows with the new version problem free. After restarting VDJ everything went well until about 3 hours in when all tracks failed to load completely on only deck 2 (don't know if these issues could be related)
My Specs:
Lenovo T60 Laptop
Intel 2 ghz dual core
2gb ddr ram
128mb ATi x1400
Windows XP Pro

发表时间 Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 11:27 pm
Unfortunately the same happened at my gig last night (vdj 5.0rev2). Same as the other guys, the interface got freezed. The song continued. If i press somewhere on the file selection a track was loading, but nothing changed. Because it was happening before with 4.x versions, I knew the fast solution to load another VDJ copy etc. etc. But.. when I run the second VDJ, it didn't read the database correctly. I missed all my statistics (all mp3s were with 0 plays), also the custom searches I'd created were not there. Anyways, I just made another 'add to database' and finished the gig successfully again. But it's a serious issue and it should be resolved asap.

My laptop: Sony Vaio FE-11S (1.5GB RAM), Windows XP SP2 all updates... Maya44... :)

发表时间 Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 1:37 pm
Darth Crossfader wrote :
This happened to me last night at a gig for the first time since installing V5.0 rev2 (it also happened in previous versions). I had just dragged a video file into a virtual folder and began playing another when the skin froze. Waveform still moving, sound still playing but no response from the browser(leaves trails if you resize browser).

That is the same thing that has been happening to me! It seems to only happen with the Virtual Folders on my end.

发表时间 Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 5:21 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Happened to me in the weekend for the 1st time. Browser freezes and it gets all blurred when you try resizing it. Music that is playing still plays though but you can't load any new tracks. Only fix is to restart. I was using a 4.x version.

发表时间 Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 1:17 am
djronh1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Same issue here. Happened while adding music to Virtual Folder. Had similar issue with 4.x, also appeared to be tied to using/editing Virtual Folders. Converted all virtual Folders to Playlists. Worked fine after that. Kinda of a bummer, since I love the idea of Virtual Folders.

发表时间 Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 1:57 pm
Fortunately, this (folders & screen freezing up, unable to load another video, etc) happened while I was at home trying out freshly ripped videos.
Since it happened at home, I had the luxury of not having to restart immediately and letting the video that was still playing end. Upon the video ending, VDJ minimized itself and a small window came up “Error in the video driver”.
This obviously gave me a clue. I had previously ignored VDJ’s message “Skin has higher resolution than your screen” warning because skin look was acceptable.
I changed my screen settings to be acceptable by VDJ and actually tried to make VDJ freeze up by mixing one video after another really fast and browsing even faster. I maybe speaking prematurely but, I actually haven’t gotten VDJ to freeze up again.
So, I hope that having the luxury of being able to wait for the message “Error in the video driver” adds another clue to resolving this issue.

My Specs:
VDJ 5.0rev2
XP Pro SP2
3.19 GHz
2.0 GB RAM
Radeon 9800XT

发表时间 Wed 12 Sep 07 @ 1:52 am
The frozen skin thing happened again last night at a gig. This time I didn't touch a virtual folder. I deleted them because I thought they were the problem. I love this software, but man it makes me nervous. Anyone know if it could be a directx issue or something? I have the latest revision.

发表时间 Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 3:33 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi

I Believe it might have something to do with a overheating issue. For the last month or so When I use my giging laptop the bar I play at. I've been Lifting the backend of my laptop with 2 little home made rubber stands, so cool air can flow under it, and it has seem to work. It has not froze on me yet.

It may be another issue for some users,

Jimmy B

发表时间 Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 5:28 am
jimmy b wrote :
Hi

I Believe it might have something to do with a overheating issue. For the last month or so When I use my giging laptop the bar I play at. I've been Lifting the backend of my laptop with 2 little home made rubber stands, so cool air can flow under it, and it has seem to work. It has not froze on me yet.

It may be another issue for some users,

Jimmy B

With all due respect, I am not using a lappy and have had this happen, as a matter of fact I am in a Full Tower with 4 fans. BUT and I say that, it may be the RAM overheating so I will look into this a bit more as mine seems to happen at least an hour in with all videos playing. I see they sell fans for the RAM so I might look into those as well as fans for the GPU. I left the side off the PC this past Friday and no hiccups. Will post back I have a gig Mon (today). :0)

发表时间 Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 11:05 am
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
happened to me twice last night

发表时间 Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 1:05 pm
I had a somewhat similar but rather minor problem at a gig last weekend, but in this case, only the mouse pointer disappeared so I couldn't actually select anything, but then it came back spontaneously.

The last time I had the whole program freeze was in testing, during a "sort" operation. At that time, nothing worked, but the track continued to play.

发表时间 Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 8:32 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I dont even use virtual folders... I was simply browsing through my list of music folder by folder. I think it locked up after recursing a folder.

发表时间 Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 3:11 am
kaoz99PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Pat_DJ wrote :
It did happend to me also, last saturday. When ever I tried to look for another song in a folders, the folders started to duplicate.. strange.. VDJ gets frozen but the song keep playing. so I just switch to CD for a song... restart VDJ and everything was doing alright. Also, I'm using XP SP2.

This has happened to me 3 times in the last month.. the only thing i can figure is that after ihave defraged my drive 3 times in the last month and when i open up VDJ i get the corrupt DB. I run fix & clean and all is fine then out of no where the vdj skin freezes but the music still plays (about 15 - 20 sec). sometimes i loose connection to VDJ Radio other times i stay connected. Previously i never defraged so maybe something is happenening to the DB during defrag.. but thats my senario anyway may not be the same for the others.

I am starting from scratch with a clean install of VDJ 5 r2 and rescanning all my tracks to see if this makes any difference

I did have VDJ 4.3 upgraded to v5 then upgraded to v5 r2

Cheers
Kaoz

发表时间 Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 7:35 am
i AM using vista and i too am experiencing this problem. I at first thought it was vista. I guess it's not. Does anyone know anything about this?

发表时间 Fri 28 Sep 07 @ 12:48 am

Its a rare thing for a few users, and currently fixed for the comming release.

发表时间 Fri 28 Sep 07 @ 1:21 am
WOOT! Good to hear that. In the meantime I bought a laptop cooler from newegg and I haven't seen the problem since. Someone on here mentioned that it might be a heat issue.

发表时间 Sat 29 Sep 07 @ 12:45 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)