快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: WHAT IS YOUR SECRET???

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Can someone enlighten me on why, those that claim to have their Mac side of Virtual DJ WORKING, have not posted exactly what equipment they have.....hmmm?? If this has been done then, please forgive me. But share your secrets with the ones who have it and are experiencing trouble!

For someone who is planning to purchase Virtual DJ (LIKE ME), Can you please tell me what to get! When I wanted a DJ Software for my PC to play my MP3\'s timecoded, I got SSL! I have sold MANY of SSL packages to customers. They were all very satisfied!!! I would like to be that way with VDJ!! I have used it and I Like it. I just bought a Mac and windows XP to get ready for Virtual DJ. I bought and the Mac side isn\'t even ready!??!!! I have gone through these forums and all I read is \"please help\", \"I can\'t get\", or \"How can I get\"....HUH?? I am sorry Im upset but I can\'t understand why this is the way it is. Someone please list the gear to get to play TCV on Mac side, and also TCV on Bootcamp/Windows. List something, so I feel confident that I can buy this and not feel cheated!! I will not buy it until...!!!!

I dont want to offend anyone especially the creators of the software, but please let us know all the equipment that can be used with the Macbook Pro, or any Mac at that...

发表时间 Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 7:13 am
I feel similar to you. I feel like I was let down and in a sense cheated by the software. Not just the $500 I spent for the Virtual Vinyl Package, or the $280 for Total Control and the $100 for the DJ I/O (...Nearing a Grand now...)But I waited for like 6-8 months for the software to be released on the Mac side all so I could move on to videos. The day it did I went out and spent $3,000 on a new Macbook Pro, 17', 2.33ghz, 200gb Hardrive. By the way I had a perfectly fine Powerbook G4, I just needed a better Video Card and figured might as well get the best unit. I than spent a huge amount of time and money searching for places to get my videos as I did not have a collection. Alot more $$$ plus all the time of separating the chapters and renaming the files. Now I easily have $5,000 + invested and the F'IN PROGRAM DOESN'T WORK! So I then have to get a copy of Windows XP, download bootcamp and install shitty Windows on my brand new $3000 Mac. Finally I have the software running but I'm so nervous about potential problems with all the duct taping that I had to do to get it to work, that I haven't used it at a gig yet! Oh and by the way I also put money into a new company: Websites, Logos, $$$, ect...

Sooo, don't feel like your the only one frustrated. I as well as a few others here are just as frustrated and currently dissatisfied. It's hard to knock VDJ cause everyone is friendly and helpful in the forums but...I have a business to run, this is how I make my living. So far I have staked alot in this product and its not working. I hate to say it but, I SHOULD HAVE JUST BOUGHT A PC.

On to the good :: I am getting things running smoothly now. Here is my config, with timecodes:

Macbook Pro running Windows XP via Bootcamp
Virtual Vinyl Package - VV soundcard
2 Pioneer CDJ 1000's
Pioneer DJM 600 mixer
Numark Total Control
Numark DJ I/O
(Going to purchase the Nou 4 mixer asap, TC is junk)

The only thing that I am having problems with is the headphone cueing/previewing. I need to figure out asap as I have a demo tomorrow and I have everything you could possibly need so I'm sure I just need to figure out the config. In other words, videos can be done on your Mac just with a little Duct Tape. Hopefully soon we can get an update.

To alleviate confusion the DEV TEAM or someone up there should have a sticky at the top of the Mac forum with news on problems and upcoming fixes. Its like I paid big bucks to be in the Beta version...

发表时间 Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 10:03 am

@ALL

- it was the FIRST EVER version of VDJ on MAC.
And it took a lot of work to get the PC code transported.

The first ever release was not optimal, no doubt about it..
But Dev Team is working contantly to get the MAC version up to standard to the PC version, and it will.

And you'll get that update very soon and all for free. So anyone buying or have bought the MAC version of VDJ will not, and are not cheated.
Of course not. Its the first ever release, so might feel like a "beta" at some features, but dont worry, upgrades are comming for free.

Anyone with a VDJ licence has legal access to both MAC & PC version, and since the Mac OS currently doesnt allow as good video out as the Windows OS does, one can always use boot camp and run VDJ on Windows, on the mac, until next OS (should be out this fall).

The video out on mac is ok, for some, but its not as good as the PC video out yet, due to limitations on the MAC os.

Anyways, the issues on the MAC version are taken care of, and release will come very shortly, fixing that.

As for skins, they will be available soon on the website too, probably within a week.

Regarding timecode, whats implemented in VDJ MAC so far is support for the Numark VV soundcard.
Reason being that most other soundcards did not even have mac drivers. But hopefully more soundcard will be supported in MAC version real soon, for timecode use.

As for the Numark IO DJ soundcard that was mentioned, it does NOT have line-ins, so it will not work with timecode, PC or MAC.

TOTALLY understand the frustrations, but I have never in the history of software development from ANY company seen a first release thats perfect. Development is always a progress, and for those issues that the first ever mac version has, its all going to be taken care of, real soon.
And all for free btw, unlike some other companies that charge for upgrades.

As for running VDJ on boot camp, its safe as running Windows nativly. (really is nativly.)
I've used Windows on mac lots of times, and its a good solution for those who need VDJ full blood Video out, right now.
And its free for all that have bought or will buy the MAC version. The PC version is included in the licence.

Hope to see all resolved very soon, regarding the MAC version too.
It works allright for many (Powerbook Pro), but still a bit to go for others.

But dont worry, your free upgrades are around the corner .. :)

hope that helps

发表时间 Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 6:17 pm
I know that alot other people feel the same. All I ask for is for the creators of the sofware to break down EXACTLY what we need for it to work.

Charlie, what are you using for the video out from the MAC in bootcamp?? I read on here the Apple DVI converter doesn't work......and did windows see it or are there special drivers to download??

发表时间 Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 6:19 pm

Right now you need a Powerbook or iMac with Nvidia or ATI dedicated ram graphic card to get decent video out.
When new OSX is out, it will work FAR better for all.

And all need AT LEAST OSX 10.4

As for the Apple DVI converter, I hope ConQuest is reading this, or Anewsome, they have a working solution on their mac's mixing videos all the time (both have very good gigs, on a regular basis, using VDJ )

发表时间 Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 6:21 pm
luislikedis wrote :
Charlie, what are you using for the video out from the MAC in bootcamp?? I read on here the Apple DVI converter doesn't work......and did windows see it or are there special drivers to download??

At home: I use the DVI to HDMI and it works on my TV.

At the Club: As I understand (I did not do the wiring, but am aware of how it was done) everything is ran by Component Video cables, ie. Analog. All the TV's go to a box which gives one Component Line which goes to the DJ Booth. That than goes through a converter which converts it to DVI and I plug that into my computer, ie. digital.

发表时间 Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 6:27 pm
^ As I understand ConQuest and Anwesome both use the conversion box.

发表时间 Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 6:29 pm
Thanks DJ Norway. I like Virtual DJ alot. I have a friend, registered user who has it. We spent a couple of months trying to get it to work on his PC and its real cool. Love the videos effects it has. Just now with me buying my Mac, I am scared.

发表时间 Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 6:36 pm

Totally understand that ;)

Its not optimal for mac yet, but will be real soon, and all users get the upgrade for free. It will work as the PC version, or even better (some claim mac has a more stable OS).

And using bootcamp to run Windows (nativly) on the Mac is a great way to be able to use the PC version anyway.
Until the Mac version feels good enough.

发表时间 Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 6:40 pm
Charlie...i feel ya....I did the exact same plunge as you...my sub uses pcvdj...so i went out and bought mbp17, vv,and total control (cuz ya know the sub cant have better stuff LOL)...spent hours on end converting promo only vids down to mp4 only to find out..vdj cant play them...nor can they play vobs without the the blocky artifacts. Norway...the big frustration is that there hasn't been any fixes for anyones problems since the release. The video problem (playing mp4, h264, etc) is NOT a OS problem as these videos play PERFECTLY fine on the other DJ software I am using...yea, charlie, forgot to add the expense of another dj app to play my mp4 vids...We just feel we've been left out here with no answers to common problems and blaming the OS for problems that obviously aren't. Video out btw is also not an OS prob because my other app works perfectly.

发表时间 Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 12:15 am
What other apps can MIX full blown videos LIVE on the mac OS on external monitor?

I'm NOT asking about non live video programs such as FinalCut, or simular..
Thats not the same

And not a mpeg1 mixing program either.. We are talking about VOBs/MPEG2s etc here.
(yeah, the SSL demo is mpeg1... )

As far as VDJ goes, the technology VDJ uses for video out, meets its limitations in the Mac OSX. It will be fixed one way or the other, either by VDJ making a totally new aproach, or the new OSX to be released fixing it..

either way, its being worked on.. trust me

发表时间 Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 12:54 am
norway...im not aiming at you..u r most helpful!!! Megaseg is the other app. If that app can play them I would expect a far more superior app to be able to play those types of videos.

发表时间 Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 1:40 am

I didnt take it as aiming at me ;) no worries

Just curious if anyone has cracked the Da Vincy code on the Mac.

Although it doesnt really matter, as the VDJ code for video mixing and the current Mac OS dont go all that well together...

So either the technology VDJ has must be changed a bit, or the MacOS must be upgraded to have better video handling output (like PC), and the feedbacks from Apple, is that they are doing the latter for OS X Leopard ... so all should be very good soon ;)=

发表时间 Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 3:15 am
dj-in-norway wrote :
As for the Apple DVI converter, I hope ConQuest is reading this, or Anewsome, they have a working solution on their mac's mixing videos all the time (both have very good gigs, on a regular basis, using VDJ )

It's actually a "scan converter". Anewsome uses a different one than mine, but both work great.

I use the GrandTec "PC to Video Component" (that name blows, I know) because it supports resolutions up to 1600x1200 and because it's supported for both Mac and windows pc's by the manufacturer (that's why they changed the name of the product from "Ultimate XP Pro"): http://www.grandtec.com/xppro.htm (the product actually doesn't look anything like that, it's gray and looks a lot better)

Anewsome had lent me his scan converter until I got mine and is called the AVerMedia "AverKey iMicro": http://aver.com/ppd/averkeyimicro.html

Having used both, the biggest difference between those products that are both under $100, was the resolution. The Grandtec again, supporting 1600x1200 and the AverKey supporting up to 1280x1024.

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

发表时间 Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 4:48 am
Hi Guys, I dont know if this was discussed before but here it goes...
if its in the wrong place feel free to delete my post...

VDj works great...
Here is a way to play videos and have them out on a display or a projector and save space in your Hard drive...

What you need:

A video converter to get videoout from your mac... you can find them at any mac store or get it online www.apple.com

Perian 1.0 - It is a free software with a bunch of quicktime codecs (Works Great)
http://perian.org/

Divx Converter its Awesome great quality! - http://www.divx.com/
Turn nearly any video file into a DivX video almost half size of a mp4 and same quality or better

After you intalled the codecs
launch VDJ app. go to:
Config/codecs and click on the add button

It will ask you for the extension write "divx" and on the dropout menu choose "internal video decoder"

and thats all! well just for divx videos... but for the rest of them just add the extensions.. i mix videos every weekend at my gigs...

Like I said VDJ is working great had problems before but I found the workaround to all of them so I am using it everything works...

also for bcd3000 users when you set up midi some areas wont let you write the values... you can do it if you open your xml file on textedit and add the values manually (very easy).

Right now i am working on a few tricks that i hope i can share with you soon... take care.

email me if you have any questions... --@--.--

Sorry for my spelling but i am mexican so i dont really speak english...

Gracias Amigos!

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry Dj Ricky A no email address is allowed from a demo user

发表时间 Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 4:17 am
Sorry I didnt know about email adress...
my equipment is:

MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1440 x 900 resolution
2GB memory
120GB hard drive
8x double-layer SuperDrive
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics with 128MB SDRAM

BCD3000

发表时间 Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 4:27 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)