快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: LED Issues on MK2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello all!

I have been using the MK2 and VDJ exclusively since last June - even for karaoke! BTW, BIG props to skyfxl and cioce for the ASIO setup...Really ROCKS for jogwheel scratching...Very nice, guys!

Anyway, when I first got the MK2, I noticed that the 'Audio Source' LED would dim whenever the LED under the 'AUTO BEAT' button for the playing channel flashed on. I thought that the MK2 was receiving marginal power from the USB on the laptop, so I went out and bought a 9V power supply. Unfortunately, I realized that I had purchased an un-regulated supply...Oops!

Today, however, I (finally) found a regulated, universal 3-12VDC 800mA (max) power supply, smack in between the two that are 'tested successfully' from Uniross, according to the user manual for the MK2's "power consumtion" section. I checked the unit with a multimeter and the no-load voltage was 9.34VDC and steady. When I plug it in, the 'Audio Source' LEDs either brighten or dim unpredictably. Just for troubleshooting purposes, I set the supply to the 7.5VDC setting, which measured 7.86VDC and steady - comfortably within Herc's strict 7-9VDC parameter.

The LED dimming problem still haunts me! I've already searched these forums, but did not find anything similar. I've also e-mailed Herc tech support, but I wanted to know if any of you are experienceing the same type of behavior with your MK2s. Even in their FAQ responses, Herc support comes off as a bit arrogant and "no-fault," so I anticipate problems, and I think I could benefit from your input.

Thanks, and keep spinnin' ;-)
Doc

发表时间 Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 9:01 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i get this ocasionaly the soundcard and the controler remain working so its not bothered me much

i guess its a power thing as you say

发表时间 Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 9:13 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Same here, guess that the way its seem,..no prob:))

发表时间 Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 9:20 pm
Yeah, I suppose it's more of an annoyance than anything, really. I just wonder if there might be something wrong with the hardware itself.

What I'm saying is that maybe there's an INTERNAL power issue. For most of us, it's just a bother. But, on the other hand, that might explain some of these virtually "unfixable" errors folks are complaining about. I wonder...

Another thing I noticed is that the card itself seems to be loose in the housing. I noticed it while plugging in the headphones one day. I jiggled the plug and all the knobs and the mic jack on the front jiggled right along with it. Anyone else?

发表时间 Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 9:23 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Same here, but it is working ok and no problems at all so don't worry ;)

发表时间 Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 7:05 pm
how old is ur console u can trade it if its under 2 years old if u get loose card or other warrenty issues

发表时间 Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 11:58 pm
Hey Simon, how are you?

I picked it up in June 2006. The thing is, I wasn't sure if the loose card and/or LED issue was inherent to the MK2 or if it is something wrong. The thing works GREAT - always has. The card and LED thing just bugs me because I'm a bit anal ;-)

BTW, still haven't gotten a response from Hercules...Wish they were as prompt as our moderators...You guys are super! I just want to say that I appreciate your time and effort.

What do you think? Should I trade it? Do you know what the procedure is? I guess I would have to ship it to Hercules, yeah?

Doc

发表时间 Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 2:55 pm
I am not a moderator :)
Well, if they will fix it or even better replace it it would be nice ;)
Just count in the time needed for this to be done, you will need it to work right? If you have some backup, than it is ok :)

发表时间 Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 5:33 pm
all good here thanks and for you :)?

you have to make an email ticket first and if they agree its warrenty they should give u a number to phone up your local office to give them

then i belive you arrange to ship it to them

but if it works it works :)

just keep it in mind if it gets worse

发表时间 Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 9:00 pm
Well, I heard from Hercules today via e-mail (they said they didn't respond sooner because of a mail server problem).

The response was "Your DJ Console seems defective; therefore please contact your retailer in order to get an exchange."

I contacted the retailer, who bluntly informed me that no exchange is made after 30 days from date of purchase, and that Hercules should make arrangements to repair/replace the unit. Yet another "not me" day >:(

I e-mailed Hercules back with this info. along with all of the retailer's information (name, address, phone, manager's name, contact whom I spoke with, etc.), and now we wait and see what happens next.

Maybe they don't want to be Hercules resellers anymore...Who knows?

发表时间 Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 10:08 pm
Mine does the same thing and there is no performance issues here so I said screw it. I use mine twice a week.

发表时间 Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 7:45 am
As I said, mine is working that way also and no problems at all. I am from Serbia and I got MK2 from Austria (had to pay extra 50e) and said the same as discobrian, so screw it, if it works, don't fix it ;)

发表时间 Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 3:31 pm
Thanks guys!

I appreciate your input :)

Guess I'll just keep spinnin' and grinnin'

发表时间 Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 5:24 pm
You will be ok ;)
Keep spinning :)

发表时间 Sat 28 Jul 07 @ 6:29 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)