快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: 1st Mobile Gig

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DjDeveHome userMember since 2007
whats going on guys. So I finally booked my first mobile gig this fall. I was thinking about getting the following speaker system but have no idea what would be good for my setup. It's nothing to big , a basement party probably about 60ft long and 30ft wide, and i'll be playing for 100 or so drunk college kids (haha can't wait actually being Im still in school myself). My future gigs will be the same kind of venue. Anyways Im thinking about getting this, any adive would be greatly appreciated !

(2) Two Gemsound TR-120

* 12" Woofer with Hi-Temp Voice Coil
* 450 Watts Peak Power
* 8 Ohms Impedance
* 44Hz -1800 Hz Frequency Response

(1) One Technical HiFi PP-1000

* 1000watts peak
* 450watts @ 2 ohms
* 360watts @ 4 ohms
* 200watts @ 8 ohms
* Outputs: 2 1/4" output, Balanced XLR, Crossover 2 1/4" input
* Dual Fused
* Over sized, Hyper speed cooling fan
* Iridescent blue LED sound EQ meter
* Clipping lights

发表时间 Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 8:49 pm
I would probably stay away from the speakers. It's just too much on paper to be delivered at that price. Think about it, if there is one woofer, one horn, and 4 tweeters, how much could each component cost and how well is it built for a retail price of $50? If you post your budget there will be a bunch of recommendations on gear.

发表时间 Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 11:25 pm
What I recomend is the following:

1. Try to get amplified speakers, ( you'll thank me when it comes to carrying amp racks weighting about 50-60 lbs. )
2. Try JBL, Makie, D.A.S.
3. For subwoofers, I prefer JBL JRX118SP, it is a affortable sub and doesn't weight that much, and for a 300 Watts RMS sub, it really sound great, Deep deep deep bass.

I have 4 D.A.S. DS115A 350 Watts RMS + 100 Watts RMS
4 JBL JRX118SP 300 Watts RMS of deep pounding bass.

With this equipment I had parties with a bit more than 500 people and the system sound incredible, so for your basement gigs, with 1 pair of D.A.S. and 1 pair of JBL's you will have more than enought.

发表时间 Tue 17 Jul 07 @ 6:35 am
I'd guess if DJDeve is looking at Gemsound, he probably hasn't quite got the money for a pair of D.A.S. speakers!

Good reccomendations on the brands though, prehaps you could look on ebay for some second hand ones, any of the makes that musicgate mentioned will sound 100 times better than gemsound ones probably.

I'd also add to that list RCF, and EV (Electro Voice). I've got a pair of EV Sx200s, they're not massive on bass, but are very clear so you can always hear the music well.

Don't forget to let us know what your budget is so people can make suggestions.

As far as ampliers go, the best budget one I know is Behringer EP2500. It really is great for the money (if your budget will go that far).

Oh, also another thing to think about if you're a bit tight for cash, how about hiring a sound system for your first few gigs, while you save up some more money for something decent. Wouldn't cost very much for just a pair of speakers and an amp for a night- and if you ask for one of the brands mentioned you sound get decent sound out of them as well.

I'll shut up in a minute, but yet another idea, if you've got a bit of money is buy an amp (I'd recommend the behringer one for a budget), then just hire a pair of speakers for your first few gigs untill you can afford to buy some or find some good ones on ebay. Means the hire will cost less, and you're starting to build up a collection of decent stuff.

At least you've got plenty of time to make your mind up.

Good luck anyway!

发表时间 Tue 17 Jul 07 @ 2:22 pm
thanks for all the recommendations, it really helps and I'm learning a lot. To be honest I want to spend around $300 until I start getting some more gigs and making some money instead of just spending it lol. I really like the idea of powered subs. Let me know what you all think. Thanks again
-DJ Deve

发表时间 Tue 17 Jul 07 @ 8:28 pm
I really don't know what you are gonna get for $300.00. I see the deal on 123 dj for the package. I would at least go with the b52s package so you can get so low end.

http://www.topdjgear.com/ma10sosy703a.html

About double your budget though

发表时间 Tue 17 Jul 07 @ 8:52 pm
First off, if you buy the stuff you listed, you may as well flush your money down the toilet. What you need to ask yourself is, am I just gonna do a few little parties, or do I want to be serious about becoming a DJ? If you just want to spend $300.00, then it really doesn't matter which junk you buy, because it's still junk. One thing I learned in shop class (do they still have that), is measure twice, and cut once. If you plan on being around for awhile, then buy once. Do not get what you can afford, save your money and get what you want. Trust me, it will pay for itself. Do you shop at the dollar store for your sneakers? So why would you buy cheap DJ equipment, that you want to make money with? Wait a minute, I just got an idea. Shop at the dollar store for your food and clothes, and you will save enough money for your DJ equipment. The thing is, I am serious about that. Let us know what you want to do.

If they don't have dollar stores where you are from, then you may not get it.

发表时间 Tue 17 Jul 07 @ 9:24 pm
That B52 package looks pretty good. Not heard one myself but they're meant to be pretty decent.

Especially since you're doing parties for younger people, the separate sub would give it plenty of bass kick so it sounds more like a nightclub system.

If you fancy the idea of buying an amp and getting speakers later, i just did a quick google for the behringer amp and found it for $302 (might even be able to find it cheaper with more searching)

http://www.brandtoyz.com/p-2360-BEH-EP2500.aspx

So you could afford to get that now, hire speakers for a few gigs, then get your own when you've got the cash. That amp would be able to run 2 speakers and 2 subs as well if you found that you wanted more power at a later date (after saving up even more cash!) A system with two speakers and two subs would give really good sound and let you do larger places if you wanted to.

发表时间 Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 1:17 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
If they don't have dollar stores where you are from, then you may not get it.

you guys definitly got some great idea.. and hhaha yea we got dollar stores and aldi's (if u got those around you) but I like the idea or renting some equipment for the first couple depending on the price and then saving up the cash and getting the good stuff. its true you get what you pay for. dont get me wrong i know i only got vdj home edition but i spent well over a grand on turntables and the mixer and even took out my first credit card to buy the laptop. once again i appreciate all feedback, these forums are great for newbies like me.

发表时间 Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 4:17 am
well if yur gigs not till the fall that gives you a bit of time to save, also pssl does have a buy now pa later deal but that takes credit, and im not sure about the intrest ratesbut may be worth looking in to but ive always been parshal to eletrovoice. but ive had them for 15 years and still run as strong as the day they were bought

发表时间 Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 12:06 am
I bought a Set of B52 powered speakers.

Love 'EM

Last saturday I did a wedding at a Legion Hall that held 250 people. Never had any complaints about noise, sound quality etc....

I put it on Automix for a couple of songs and went out and stood by the bar (across the room) and just listened. Sounded nice.

If Pressed I can daisy chain Two sets of the B52 setup together and have a larger system.

The only draw back with the B52 system, well any of these systems is: SubWoofer V Staircase.

Unless you're a large guy(like me) and can carry a 150lb box up a flight of stairs or two(like me.......with a rest in between floors). I'd suggest you get help.

Two average sized guys can throw that speaker around like a paperweight.

But They sound nice, Little light on the bass for my taste, but for weddings and such bass isn't terribly important.

Great sound, Easy portability, Small form. (I can fit them in my Grand AM. in a pinch)

发表时间 Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 1:59 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)