快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: timecode vinyls

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

djchuCUE userMember since 2007
I am using to turntables and an external 2 channel mixer with virtual vinyl. for some reason after like 5 minutes or so the vinyl stops reading and the music is playing straight out of the computer. Also, when I i do the autoconfig it shows the timecode quality going up and down from 33% to 100 and eventually it comes down all the way to 0 %. and it stays there. in order for the vinyls to b activated again i haved to switch it from external mixer to 3 line mixer and continue to this back and forth because it jus stops reading the vinyl. it makes it extremely difficult for me to scratch. it works perfectly fine with my cd players though.is their a problem with mysoftware or do i need to replace the vinyls. someone please help me i have a show in 2 weeks.!!!

发表时间 Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 4:37 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You input volume for the VV box may need to be increase AND/OR re-run the auto config on the timecode setup -- this has to be done 99% of the time if going from CD to the Vinyl. Mainly because the signal quality is different.

Speaking of signal quality -- how are your TT's grounded? Try grounding them to your laptop and not the mixer or VV box. Do you see a TimeCode signal difference?

发表时间 Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 4:43 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Quicksetup Guide

have you read this , page 6 and 7 detail how to tweak the settings

发表时间 Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 2:12 pm
how would i ground it to my laptop?

发表时间 Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 5:06 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djchu wrote :
how would i ground it to my laptop?

Can you give the Make and Model of your laptop so we can look at a photo of it?

发表时间 Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 6:16 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
grounding to the soundcard should be enough, what needles are you using and are they new/old?

发表时间 Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 3:32 am
gateway mt6831 is the make and model. by the way i had a conversation with tech support at numark and they sed its possible that the vinyls are mest up and they asked me to send them proof of purchase of virtual vinyl and they r gonna ship me a new package. only problem is i dont have the receipt n e more.

the needles are they are less than a month old.

发表时间 Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 8:39 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
what kind of needles are they ?

发表时间 Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 9:44 pm
numark hs1 they came with numark tt1650. im about to purchase numark cx-1.

发表时间 Sun 15 Jul 07 @ 9:34 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
djchu wrote :
gateway mt6831 is the make and model. by the way i had a conversation with tech support at numark and they sed its possible that the vinyls are mest up and they asked me to send them proof of purchase of virtual vinyl and they r gonna ship me a new package. only problem is i dont have the receipt n e more.

the needles are they are less than a month old.

Send them the serial number of your software (only to the person who takes care of your case) if you don't have your receipt anymore. It should be enough for them.

发表时间 Sun 15 Jul 07 @ 10:13 am
im gonna do that on monday and im gonna let u know exactly what happened right after i make the phone call

发表时间 Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 12:19 am
ok i called numark today and i kinda resolved my problem. for some weird reason i had to take off the cables off of the pass feature on the vv box and my timecode quality turned to 100%. everything is running on phono and the sound quality coming thru the speaker is not good at all. i wanna run everything off of the line option but they told me that they dont advise it because it might give me trouble in the long run. they also told me that i should consider getting needles specifically for timecodes. if n e 1 has any opinion please post it so i can make a decision based on everyone elses opinion.

发表时间 Tue 17 Jul 07 @ 7:41 am
I am experiencing a similar issue if not exactly the same problem. It seems to be that the VV box drops one channel of the turntable input and then the software (cue) can no longer get a decent timecode and stops responding to the timecode. It usually happens after about 5 or 10 minutes and only ever on one of the decks.
The most annoying thing is that it only ever happens when I'm out playing in clubs and never at home on my own setup. Although it did happen a few times at home when I first got VV but never since.
I am always using ortofon Concorde Nightclub needles which perform fine on my home setup and always on Technics 1200MKII or newer turntables. It is definately not the turntables either because I have had the issue on several different setups just about everytime I've played out and if I bypass the VV box and put the turntable back into the mixer it works fine on both channels.
Autoconfig does not work either. I'm beginning to think my VV box is faulty.

Any ideas as to why this happens?

发表时间 Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 6:28 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
This could be a problem with the energy saving feature on USB ports.

This can be changed in the windows device manager.

发表时间 Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 12:42 pm
Super-PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have the same problem with 4.3 for months and it really sucks.

发表时间 Mon 06 Aug 07 @ 11:51 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)