快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: PromoOnly has got to be kidding..

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

August club is pathetic so far, only half way through. I don't mind filler, but these two are such garbage, I'm insulted they even included them. "My Boobs Are OK", July Club and "What What (In My Butt), Aug Club, is a new low.

发表时间 Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 10:55 pm

hey... My Boobs Are Ok is a Norwegian track.. ! dont go sayin ** about that one ;) lol

Just kidding, was TOTALLY surprised to see that track on PO DVDs

Its a crap song from a Norwegian glamour model... Not even a hit here, rather a big laugh.
Not even sure if the song is meant serious, was more of a PR stunt from the model called Lene.

And there are SOOOOOO many great club songs that PO could have selected from, and dont.
I dont know how PO works, but they should look at tracklistings such as BBC Dance Chart or similar.

发表时间 Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 11:02 pm
It's my understanding that PO wants to be ahead of the curve and pick songs that may be strong in the next months charts.

发表时间 Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 11:26 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I find that most of these monthly DVDs are 70% filler, only 10 tracks per month you'd entertain in a venue short term, and perhaps only 2-3 you'd use long term.

The thing is, they could get some great tracks on there that are slightly more underground, but they are playing it safe with their mainstream series, it's mostly cheese or wishy washy pop on those DVDs.

Would be nice if their was a "best of the month" DVD, the essential mainstream chart tracks, and a few select picks from genre charts, i.e Hip Hop, R'n'B, Rock, House, Dance etc.

发表时间 Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 11:29 pm
fatkatzdj wrote :
It's my understanding that PO wants to be ahead of the curve and pick songs that may be strong in the next months charts.

Trust me, these two tracks will never make it. I'm a ho, and large amounts of money can get almost anything played. These are so far beyond that, they didn't even make it onto the hard drive. I can't even imagine the artist themselves asking for these tracks. Don't get me wrong, most of the stuff I play, I would not personally listen to. I think that 90% of the stuff out there, is bullshit. But at least it has a decent beat.

发表时间 Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 11:53 pm
I'm also finding lately the PromoOnly Songs are not the best. Mind you it often happens that I get the songs now and don't get take off for months.

Hopefully things will improve.

DJ JumpinJim

发表时间 Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 12:23 am
I can understand the distribution of music...imagine having music come out on average every 2-3 months. How would you distribute promo's at that rate... you fill the gap and hope some songs with make a hit to justified your clients needs. It's the same thing in radio, you get a single play it for a spin or two but nothing happends until the local DJ mixes.

isn't that the old school way of doing things?

发表时间 Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 12:47 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
That's is the reason I don't use video yet, I can't find all the videos I play on audio. I am waiting for expansion on this subject, mostly about Funky house that I play.

发表时间 Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 1:25 am
I've found that no matter what Monthly service I subcribe to there is too much filler on them.

发表时间 Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 2:39 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Any vj that plays "what, what... in my butt" needs a good beating!

发表时间 Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 6:19 am
I like their Alternative Club seriest the best, and the U.K. ones are good too. The PO CLUB has always been way too bubblegum for my taste. Even though I prefer EDM, the Urban club is a very hot series. Always good tracks, although Aug is actually lame. The instrumentals alone make this a great buy for hip hoppers.

It's also a good website to find new tracks, even if your not a subscriber. I've DJ`ed in many strip clubs that also subscribe to their modern rock series. All in all Promo Only is a good source. But if I was giving advice- I'd say stay away from the mainstream club series. The regular U.S. Underground club is also pretty lame.

If you want mainstream tracks- you can also try the Ultimix Service @ www.ultimix.com

Another cool thing is if you have friends- get them to subscribe to the ones you dont have, then swap...
or wait, is that legal? ;)

I think PromoOnly will also let you change you subscription to a different series.

发表时间 Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 10:42 pm
I was refering to the Video Series.

发表时间 Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 12:27 am
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I subscribe to their Mainstream radio series and it seems more and more that there'll be 3-4 tracks per CD that I already own, via purchased download, because the song has been out a few months. WTF is up with that? I can't be putting off buying a song because "Promo Only MIGHT put it on a CD in a few months. It would be nice if they can put out an email newsletter letting us know what will be out next for a particular series. I might be willing to wait ONE month. lol

发表时间 Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 5:12 am
That was the reason I stopped getting their music series, because I was getting 4 disc a week from TM century, and promo only was late.

发表时间 Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 8:14 am
Don't you guys get it yet....the videos are released in most cases much later then the audio cuts, that's why the delay. The "scam" is that by the time the videos are released to promo only and screen play everybody knows which ones have made it or not. They produce half a dozen series and they spread 3 or 4 good videos over each series because they can get more of our hard earned money. They fully know they can take the 3 or 4 legitament club hits off the Dance Series, the 3 or 4 legit hits off of Mainstream, same with alternative, clubb, reggaeton, country....et all and it would still not even fill a full 40 video dvd each month. They certainly would not want to cut their production and percieved profits by selling only 1 dvd a month (which would still need some old school and retro classics on it to fill it out) instead of selling us 4 or 5 to get what we need. The fact of the matter is if they did put out just one or possibly 2 dvd's per month that were actually filled with useable stuff then MANY more dj's would subscribe and they would probably sell MORE then they do now.

In reality they recieve about 20-25 songs that were, are and will be hits from all genres combined, we know it, they know it, the record companies know it, but everybody wants to make their money at our expense. That is why I dropped promo only, then tm century and I am about to drop my12inch.com (they have only had about a dozen good songs (and less that were really hits) in the last 4 months, oh and they only have some hip hop and a WHOLE LOTTA rap that is SOOOOOOOO Bad it can't even make it on the rap charts.

I have complained about this for years but they won't listen. The shame of it is TM Century's "Prime Cuts" audio cd series hits the mark perfect, about 20 songs each week that includes the hits from the Top 100, the hip hop, the rap, the modern rock, the adult rock, the dance and the country charts all together on one series.....in fact if they made the audio service download available to dj's too and not just radio stations I would re-sign with them and quit messing this digiwaxx and my12inch serices.

but i digress....make the video series like that, even if it is monthly so we get a dvd with predominanlty good stuff instead of filler.

the only way they will change is if everyone cancells their subscriptions in protest, but of course then they would not admit we all left because of crappy service, instead they would discontinue the product all together pretending "nobody wants video"!

发表时间 Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 8:37 am
the video to My Boobs are OK is very artsy fartsy

发表时间 Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 2:06 pm
d rocksPRO InfinityMember since 2006
dj-e-elctrick has it right... if you wait a couple of months for the release of the video then you just about have a gaurantee of making at least 1 full disc of something that is worth the real estate it takes up in the hard drive. I would rather use 5 mb than 100 of a song that will never see the light day or light of my projector. As far as promo only vs. TM Century releases I use TM cause it just seems that they release the tracks sooner. But I like the PO video stuff just a touch better. Maybe a personel preference thing

发表时间 Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 11:30 pm
i jsut wish there was a place to go and have as dvvd made with the videos that u want and nothing more. ro down load the ones that u want, at what ever bit rate and resalution u want.

发表时间 Tue 17 Jul 07 @ 3:58 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)