快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Final Preperations

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Just got back from doing the initial sound checks, the actual wedding is tomorrow. I can't wait, my first real gig and I think I've got everything prepared. Got plenty of music & a wide variety of it (made duplicates of each cd), got tons of backup cables and backup cd players, personal fans in case anything starts overheating, and a cooler full of root beer (outdoor wedding at 90 + degrees). I also made some mix cds so I can go pee when needed. I tested out my lowest volume songs for fader positions, I figure it's better to have to subtract levals on the fly rather than add. Got the basic rundown of the bridal march details and will go over the fine details and practice tomorrow before it starts. Unfortunatly, because of stability problems with my notebook I will not be using VDJ but instead my gemsound cdm 150. It's plenty stable on my vaio desktop since I added the delta 1010lt, but my monitor is rather bulky & it's just not worthy of taking it since all I need to do is the basics (fade into the fade out). Hehe, I was afraid my cheap little PA's wouldn't be enough but after the initial tests today I'm confident that they are more than enough to do the job (just got a pair of fosetex pm.04 monitors for near field as well). It'll be differant I know when all the guests arrive as that cuts down the path of least resistance, but I only had my PA's up half way & had to turn them down as it ended up being way too much (my PA's are 120 watts and 80 watts per channel).

Ok, so what am I forgetting? According to murpheys law I must be forgetting something..lol. Any last minute advice?;^]

发表时间 Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 1:04 am
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
hehe...I think you are forgetting to relax and have fun with it ;)
that's the most important thing..sometimes it can be easy to over-prepare so just go with the flow..you'll do fine :)

发表时间 Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 1:16 am
Thanks! lol.. that was a habit I think I picked up from my poppi (my grandfather) filming weddings, he used to always say "better to be way over prepared than under prepared". Heh, it should be major fun, especialy the after party when the music swithches to "anything goes" rules;^]

发表时间 Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 1:23 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Wo-oh big fella, slow down...k one is correct. Relax, your going to burn out before the garter toss. I like to do a different event every 1/2 hour or so, just to keep everyone happy. I hope that helps.

发表时间 Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 1:33 am
Don't forget to go to the washroom; Before you leave the house.

Always wear clean underwear

Never call the wrong name during sex

Don't fool around with the boss's daughter

Keep your eye on the puck

Keep your Stick on the ice

Smile - I promise it won't crack your face

If you can get a blowjob under the table while DJ'ing - YOU WIN!!!!!!!!

If none of these help - Turn the mic on full blast - and blow a huge fart.

:-P

发表时间 Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 3:07 am
good advice ptery and Marcel ........

never call out the wrong name is very good dj advice ..... i have the problem , i can never get the lady to wear one of those "Hi ! My name is " tags once she's naked ......

发表时间 Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 1:16 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)