快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: the pros should

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

the pros that know vdj up & down with tweaking etc.

y'all should sell a preconfig system on ebay as a total set. vv with laptop etc.

I'm sure people would buy.

发表时间 Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 3:58 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
im seriously considering it ;)

发表时间 Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 11:41 am
Lol, it'd crossed my mind as well. :)

Maybe we should all keep quiet though, don't want everybody having these good ideas!

发表时间 Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 12:31 pm
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
Or instead of tweaking, you could just get a MAC...works straight out of the box ;)
hehe...

发表时间 Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 2:39 pm
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Good idea for any DJ's that dont know much about IT because you have limited choices with a Mac so theres less problems. Just get a nice Mac system, vdj and the mk2 Mac console and charge the buyer for a few extra dollars of course.

Realistically though, most of us started DJ as a hobby scraping together whatever gear you could. Perhaps you also need to include a decent finance scheme with that. The big department stores here have "nothing to pay" finance for sometimes up to 2 years when they do xmas or mid year sales. You just have to make sure you DO pay your computer off by then otherwise you get slugged fees and charges big time. Or in your case if your lending, hope they dont pay soon enough ;-)

发表时间 Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 4:02 pm
It could be a good idea to have an official Virtual dj pc and laptop, with has to be fully tested with vdj.

Ex: Amd Opteron+ATi radeon 128mb+chipset+esi u46dj+256mb ram. It could be sold as a pack with Windows XP or VIsta and Vdj installed, tested and working well. It could be a high level ( more advanced and new), medium level and low level.

发表时间 Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 6:03 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I wish someone had! There is too much scope for things that might work or might not work. Maybe i've just been unlucky.

发表时间 Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 6:20 pm
i think we shoudl sweettalk a manufaturer to brand vdj laptops and give vdj a cut + the software cost

发表时间 Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 8:37 pm
grug wrote :
Good idea for any DJ's that dont know much about IT because you have limited choices with a Mac so theres less problems. Just get a nice Mac system, vdj and the mk2 Mac console and charge the buyer for a few extra dollars of course.

Realistically though, most of us started DJ as a hobby scraping together whatever gear you could. Perhaps you also need to include a decent finance scheme with that. The big department stores here have "nothing to pay" finance for sometimes up to 2 years when they do xmas or mid year sales. You just have to make sure you DO pay your computer off by then otherwise you get slugged fees and charges big time. Or in your case if your lending, hope they dont pay soon enough ;-)

If you haven't noticed, you can get a brand new MacBook starting at $1099 dollars new, and at that price it kills any similarly priced PC spec wise. And yeah, this might anyhow be a bit steep for a DJ starting out, BUT so would a pre-configured PC with optimal spec's for VDJ be anyway.
My point is that IF you get a MAC, you already have a system that works perfectly with VDJ, no fine tuning needed.

And what do you mean by limited possibilities??
I don't know of anything my PC can do that my MAC can't do even better...;)

发表时间 Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 8:48 pm
he probaly means vdj is currently limited for the mac version vs. pc. so it can't do everything yet.

btw i own a mbp

发表时间 Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 10:48 pm
i dont recal the topic being lets big up mac lol

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 12:10 am
hehe...
I'm not ConQuest you know..hehe
My intention wasn't to be to biased towards MAC.
But the topic was that you should be able to get a "pre-tweaked" computer optimized for VDJ.
And a MAC does just that...that's all I'm saying.(And you can't deny it sky..hehe)

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 12:43 am
true true , cant make much money with apples tho as a reseller the markup is generaly insignificant

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 1:05 am
I actually looked into something like this last year with a couple of lighting company reps in my area.

We decided that the most cost effective way to do this as a small buisiness was to assemble the comps and sell them on ebay.

We experimented with one and sold it, didn't make a whole lot of money off the deal.

Our conclusion was that to operate a re-selling operation for a specific purpose like this is something that a small-budget company cannot do.

To make a profit it would have to be a company like VDJ or PCDJ (they have a little notebook - ogdj I believe). and sell them (at a premium of course). And it would be a secondary businews to the software devlopment.

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 1:32 am
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004

And what do you mean by limited possibilities??
I don't know of anything my PC can do that my MAC can't do even better...;)[/quote]

I didnt say limited possibilities, I said limited choices. I mean you don't have as much choice in different types of graphics or sound cards from apple's online store but that would be a good thing for a first time buyer with no knowledge of hardware as less confusion

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 3:07 am
I would kill to have Simon come customize my system...

k_one wrote :
Or instead of tweaking, you could just get a MAC...works straight out of the box ;)
hehe...

There are a few issues on the video side. If it worked 'straight out of the box' I wouldn't be running XP on my Macbook Pro. :(

发表时间 Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 5:45 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)