快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: *IMPORTANT*Virtual Dj on Dj contests - Page: 2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

xgl_dj wrote :
A Man and His Music wrote :

Fair!! Since when has competition been based on fairness? Even in a horse race, they are not matched evenly. The only way the 1000 to 1 will win, is if God trips the two front runners. If you want to enter into a competition with limited tools, that's on you. Me, I want to use as many tools and tricks as I am allowed. When I show up to a gun fight, I will bring my 9mm with an extended clip. If you want to bring your six shot revolver, that's OK. That still does not mean I will win, because you may be a better shot. I will still take my chances. As far as a computer is concerned, this is 2007, and computers are in every facet of life. The music you play is done by one guy sitting on a toilet, with a laptop. You are downloading your music with a computer. So this anti computer DJ thing, is tired and childish. If you think you are that good with just two turntables, then accept all comers, regardless of what they use. Unless you are afraid the world will see what I can do. We stopped cranking our cars when electronic ignition came out.

I think you missed my point entirely. It is certainly not about being anti computer. Computer aided mixing versus plain vinyl/cd is unfairly matched that’s all. Bagpuss said it best “different tools should be in different classes/groups.”.

I got the point, I just do not agree with it. If it is a DJ competition, well I am a DJ and should be allowed to enter. What I use should have nothing to do with it, because the bottom line is, DJs rock the party. The customers don't really know or care how we do it. If it is a turntable competition, then as long as I use turntables, I should be allowed in. Now, if you only want to use the same skills from 40 years ago, and only want to compete with old skills, that's OK. Just say it. The train has left the station, and some are still on the platform waiting. I have those 40 year old skills, but I have just added on to them. This is just one man's opinion, and we all have one.

发表时间 Wed 23 May 07 @ 7:47 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think that ideal is getting closer everyday, mainstream DJ'ing has gone technology crazy, the Old School Vinyl DJ is becoming isolated much like the laptop DJ was isolated 3-5 years ago?

If you put TT's and CD decks in the same basket, then you might as well add Laptops, why? Because DJ Software and CD players are virtually the same, the CD player is a software and controller in one, where as the Laptop/DJ software requires an external controller, the technology is very simular, it's all functions mapped to buttons and in many cases: Vinyl emulation

Industry standard CD deck: Pioner CDJ1000 has BPM and Waveform aid just like DJ software, both are easy to beat mix on, whilst a traditional turntable doesn't have these aids, it is by far the best/easiest tool to perform scratching on, so it's about preference, using the right tools for YOU, after all..you wont be winning any major DJ competition without Talent, it just wont happen, it's not possible to cheat unless you just play a Jazzy Jeff CD and pretend your doing it yourself. Did I mention Harmonic mixing aids? look at the Pioneer DJM800 with its harmonic tuning feature, that is a much more serious aide than a BPM and waveform.

What you've got to ask yourself is this: who decides how wide the goal posts are set? you either ban BPMs or you allow them, you either ban waveforms or allow them, you either ban Harmonic mixing aides or you ban them, my point?..

The format used isn't the issue, it's the features that are being presented on all hardware and software that make the technicalities of DJ'ing easier and quicker, but still ultimately leave one man in the driving seat entertaining through his own creativity.

发表时间 Wed 23 May 07 @ 9:59 pm
Bagpuss, That was very well said. The tools do not make the DJ. I own a piano, and can sit in front of it, but can't play for shit. Well, I can play three blind mice. My daughter can play.

发表时间 Wed 23 May 07 @ 11:59 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)