快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Some suggestions. What about using BASS ?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

1 - Surfin in Internet i found this. Could be a way of improve VirtualDj engine quality ?

BASS is an audio library for use in Windows and Mac OSX software. Its purpose is to provide developers with the most powerful and efficient (yet easy to use), sample, stream (MP3, MP2, MP1, OGG, WAV, AIFF, custom generated, and more via add-ons), MOD music (XM, IT, S3M, MOD, MTM, UMX), MO3 music (MP3/OGG compressed MODs), and recording functions. All in a tiny DLL, under 100KB* in size.

On Windows, BASS requires DirectX 3 or above for output, and takes advantage of DirectSound and DirectSound3D hardware accelerated drivers, when available. On OSX, BASS uses CoreAudio for output, and OSX 10.3 or above is recommended. Both PowerPC and Intel Macs are supported.

C/C++, Delphi, Visual Basic and MASM APIs are provided, with several examples to get you started. .Net and other APIs are also available.

http://www.un4seen.com/

Main features

Samples
Support for WAV/AIFF/MP3/MP2/MP1/OGG and custom generated samples
Sample streams
Stream any sample data in 8/16/32 bit
File streams
MP3/MP2/MP1/OGG/WAV/AIFF file streaming
Internet file streaming
Stream data from HTTP and FTP servers (inc. Shoutcast, Icecast & Icecast2), with proxy server support and adjustable buffering
Custom file streaming
Stream data from anywhere using any delivery method
Multi-channel streaming
Support for more than plain stereo, including multi-channel OGG/WAV/AIFF files
MOD music
Uses the same engine as XMPlay (very accurate, fast, high quality reproduction), with full support for all effects, filters, stereo samples, DMO effects, etc...
MO3 music
MODs with MP3 or OGG compressed samples (vastly reduced file size with virtually identical sound quality), MO3s are created using the MO3 encoder
Multiple outputs
Simultaneously use multiple soundcards, and move channels between them
Recording
Flexible recording system, with multiple device support and input selection, (WMA encoding & broadcasting via the add-on, and other formats via BASSenc)
Decode without playback
Streams and musics can be outputted in any way you want (encoded, written to disk, streamed across a network, etc...)
Speaker assignment
Assign streams and musics to specific speakers to take advantage of hardware capable of more than plain stereo (up to 4 separate stereo outputs with a 7.1 soundcard)
High precision synchronization
Synchronize events in your software to the MOD music and streams, synchronize playback of multiple channels together
Custom DSP
Apply any effects that you want, in any order you want
DirectX 8 effects Windows only
Chorus / compressor / distortion / echo / flanger / gargle / parametric eq / reverb, 2 implementation options each with its benefits (including mixing with DSP functions)
32 bit floating-point decoding and processing
Floating-point stream/music decoding, DSP, FX, and recording
3D sound
Play samples/streams/musics in any 3D position, with EAX support
Flexible
Small buffers for realtime performance, large buffers for stability, automatic and manual buffer updating
Expandable
Add-on system for additional format support (C/C++ API available on request), dynamic plugin loading system, access to underlying DirectSound objects
Small
BASS is less than 100KB*, so won't bloat your distribution
* on Windows, ~200KB on OSX

2 - I want to ask about work around virtualdj 4.4: aproximate date of release and improvements and bugfixes suposed to have ... As is said in a previosus post i think it would be good to have more information from the developers team ( they could make some polls in order to ask to dj about new features, bugs, changes etc ...). I also think that they need to increase dramatically the number of beta testers in order to improve virtualdj quality and avoid problems like virtualdj 4.1rev2 that has to be realesed quickly one week after the release of virtualdj 4.1. I congratulate all vdj developers for the good quality and nice work, i only make some suggestions in order to improve quality and stability.

3 - Are in virtual dj plans to support Winamp and Windows Media Player visualizations ? Sonique visualizations would be great but winamp and wmp are beautiful. It could be suported by virtualdj or by any plugin.

Thanks in advance

发表时间 Sat 19 May 07 @ 5:22 pm
Can anyone give his opinion about this, please ? Specially people from the developers team.

Thanks in advance

发表时间 Wed 23 May 07 @ 8:19 pm

BASS is first of all a "language" for streaming media (internet broadcast/stream), and VDJ has its own audio engine that delivers superb sound. It uses LAME mp3 decoder, and has other decoders (internally) for other media.

The audio engine in VDJ 4.x is very good :)

4.4 will come this summer, and will for sure be beta tested lots. Its already in Alpha testing, and will be tested by beta-testers real soon, and we have added several new ones to take part.

4.4 will have lots of great news, but due to the nature of beta testing and software competitions, we wont go out say whats in there, before release, so that no false expectations are created ( Need to be sure the features work good etc.). There will be several significant improvements, but let them be a good suprise when its released ;) Lots of the requests from the forum are answered by the development for 4.4, and so it always will be. Dev Team listen to what you guys want improved :)

New visuals (such as Winamp's and others) I hope to see soon too, and r2/r4, Milkdrop and others sure look good ;) Hope to see that soon too...

发表时间 Wed 23 May 07 @ 8:46 pm
Thanks for all your information. I suggested BASS because it seems a good engine because others dj are complaining a little about vdj sound engine. Visuals of Winamp and Windows Media Player would be THE FEATURE. The big step since vdj 3.2.
Sounds great the fact that vdj have added lot of beta testers in order to improve the quality software ( which already its very good).

发表时间 Thu 24 May 07 @ 5:39 pm
Have you checked out R4 from RabidHamster ?
http://www.rabidhamster.org/R4/main.php

I use it all my gigs, quality visuals, easily customised, use with Webcam to incorporate live dancefloor feeds with some cool effects, on the fly custom messages displayed, fulfills all my visual needs.

PS I dont have shares in R4, i just really like it ! But of course VDJ is my true killer app !

发表时间 Thu 24 May 07 @ 5:48 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
BASS is a general purpose audio engine. It's very useful for games and applications which need many samples to be played at the same time, 3D support and some basic hardware effects. Anyway, it hasn't scratch capability, so that's why I'm not using it to make some DJ-based tools anymore.

发表时间 Thu 24 May 07 @ 6:23 pm
i sure hope other versions have a better database than the demo, because i can say the music database is a giant bowl of gay in the demo version, some would even say gayer than a bag of dicks

发表时间 Sat 26 May 07 @ 12:33 pm
uhhhh, thank you Senator .......

the feature ..... really ?

all i know is a cool slideshow , running on the video cube , with my welcome message scrolling text (on the cube also) wows 'em everytime .......

sonique visuals work great , only get if you want cool free plugins though .......

发表时间 Sun 27 May 07 @ 11:25 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)