快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: another videomix

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

something i put together today

发表时间 Sun 06 May 07 @ 9:00 pm
Hey Boogie nice vid.

I liked the cuts in the first track. Busta has a great growl in his voice that sounds great with quick back spins and cuts like that. Almost full speed chop and screw.

发表时间 Sun 06 May 07 @ 9:20 pm
thanks it could be a lot better if i could get this mixer to work right. NUO4

发表时间 Sun 06 May 07 @ 9:46 pm
here is a remix of the game song one blood. reaggae remix

发表时间 Sun 06 May 07 @ 10:22 pm

GREAT stuff man!! ;) nice .. love it

发表时间 Sun 06 May 07 @ 11:11 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Very nice video man!

发表时间 Sun 06 May 07 @ 11:44 pm
I want to add my 2 cents and hopefully not come off as a hater. Please take my comments constructively.

I liked a few of the fade transitions but other than that, I wasn't impressed at all...1st off, Logos on everything. I don't think I would ever play live, let alone post a vid for my peers to see with all those logos. Maybe a super important bangin video if that was the only copy I had. 2nd, On your mixes you got both songs Lyrics going at the same time. Wrong time to mix. Theres alot of confusion going on there...

发表时间 Mon 07 May 07 @ 12:19 am
like i said earlier it can be alot better but i cant get the pfl(headphone jack) to work on the nuo4 so im working with just cue points on the fly and hopefully that the software covers to balance the sound. i agree with the logo issue, but how many are gonna care about a logos. i just use vdj at home in my studio due to the fact that it need some improvements and when it get those ill will go live with this ASAP, but until then i use other software. also i will go and pick up traktor scratch tommorow and give you guys a honest review for those who want it and for those whose dont just pass it by.

发表时间 Mon 07 May 07 @ 12:40 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Gotta say this, I am not a hater either btw...I play all kinds of music.

That represents the thing I dislike most about music video beside the content issues we have to deal with.
Nothing there that makes me want to jump up and dance.
The theme is depressing as hell.
When or for who would you actually play that?

Using stolen video is violating every copy write law in existence by posting it on utube. It's hard for me to be positive when I see this because of what I have spent to be legit in this business.

Sometimes scratching sounds like nothing more than track masturbation to me.
Its alright for effect, but when it disrupts the rhythm, it should be reconsidered.
It should not be the main focus of what is delivered for sound imho.

I am far from a perfect video mixer, we are always learning this art, but being aware of what is appealing and what is not is essential.
Mixing music video requires extra sensories to blend the audio as well as the video avoiding crashes and clashes, and it is double trouble compared to simple beat mixing of extended tracks.

Please don't be discouraged by these remarks, but consider what I said.

发表时间 Mon 07 May 07 @ 12:50 am
i would never use those videos in a live set due to all the logos on them, i have promo only vid for that. it was not something to get up and dance to. it was me use some vid that i rarely use. as far as the clasing of tracks remeber that it was on the fly without anyway to monitor the oposite deck. but i agree with what you said with the copyright laws and stuff but i am suscribe to promo only, my 12inch, and www.ExclusiveGrooves.com.

发表时间 Mon 07 May 07 @ 1:07 am
Can you get any of the my12" vids to play? I subscribed for a month and was dissapointed in the selection.

发表时间 Mon 07 May 07 @ 1:25 am
djkboogie wrote :
i am suscribe to ... www.ExclusiveGrooves.com

Good choice djkboogie. =)

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

发表时间 Mon 07 May 07 @ 1:27 am

发表时间 Mon 07 May 07 @ 1:35 am
hey djkboogie

you a jamaican??????????

game junior reid reggae mix sounds cool... but i just think dat such a song needed a more hardcore dancehall beat..... to fit with the theme of the song and for listeners to really appreciate it

the idea is great.. but the song comes off as being lazy........ if you play remixes to a crowd it needs to grab them........ sometimes.. you may need to speed up tings a little (there seems to be a distinct pause when you switch the beats)

I love the way you blend the videos though........ (i assume that vegas is at work here)?

发表时间 Mon 07 May 07 @ 1:43 am
yeah i used vegas to do this here

发表时间 Mon 07 May 07 @ 7:18 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Good point Rick but uploading a videomix using "legit" videos on youtube or anywhere is probably a violation of copyright as well. It's just one of those things where i wish the music business would relax about, certainly for any dj to showcase or demo themselves they have to use music. It would almost be like practicing karate but all the moves belong to Bruce Lee and you dont have permission to showcase your "skill". Everytime you hand a potential client a demo cd of your mixing are you distributing music without permission? I wish the industry would realize that its how the music is used and what is the intent behind it before yelling copy.... right?

I agree with the logo's i certainly would not use them outside my house, and yes i hate bringing up "gray area" topics. I'd much rather talk sex with my grandmother :)

发表时间 Mon 07 May 07 @ 5:21 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)