快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: DISTORTION - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

ALI11CUE userMember since 2006
i'm having a problem no one can figure out. when i connect my hp pavillion laptop to my qsc amplifier i get this bad distortion sound when i plug the power out of my laptop it goes away. i tried every option possible i even called hp they could'nt help me. i have no problems when i use the laptop by itself. when i use my yamaha reciever i have no problem this only happens when i use a dj amp the only way i can get it to work is to plug my laptop in a different plug outlet further away from the amp and i get no feed back then. its not the sound cards i tried both of them maya44 & my on board they both work fine i even bought a cheap power conditioner that did'nt help either. i mean i can get around the problem by plugging further away from the equipment but i just don't understand it. someone help!!! hp pavillion dv 9010 amd turion 64 dual core processor ops media center edition 2 gig of ram 120 gig hd

发表时间 Thu 03 May 07 @ 5:10 am
Try using a 2prong ground lift. It basically disconnects the ground from your power adapter. They sell them @ hardware stores & walmart for pennies. I used to get noise on my dell when I recorded via firewire, but if I ran on battery it didn't do it. I tried the lift & it totally went away.

If that doesn't work try a dibox like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ART-Phantom-I-Phantom-1-Active-DI-Box-Direct-NEW_W0QQitemZ7402149335QQihZ016QQcategoryZ3278QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

It basically will take your unbalanced signal & make it balanced.

But I would put money on it that the ground lift will work. The receiver that you get no noise on I bet it only has two prongs not three right?

发表时间 Thu 03 May 07 @ 5:34 am
:) it happens to almost everyone. you should put some isolation on the ground that goes into the power cord. i use a simple plastic around the power plug to disable the contact. this is not a problem of your laptop or amplifiers. don't worry.

发表时间 Thu 03 May 07 @ 9:03 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
It is not smart to kill your ground on any device!
It has be written many times, you need Ground Loop Isolator, do a search here or on Google.

发表时间 Thu 03 May 07 @ 1:28 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

发表时间 Thu 03 May 07 @ 1:37 pm
@DJ-ALF - it is not smart - but it works, and btw. i am not suggesting to KILL the ground. most of the laptops don't even use it! in europe we have 3 lead power connection - Zero, Power (Phase), and Ground. The power cord of the laptop in front has the Zero and Power (Phase). You don't need the Ground. Like the CD players, turntables etc. they use a 2 wire power cord with only Zero and Power (Phase) connected. Anyway :)

发表时间 Thu 03 May 07 @ 2:31 pm
If they don't need it, it won't be there ;)
The sound buzzing stops when you disconnect power and run on battery so it is using ground. Every electronic device is building static. When you isolate your ground the static is building up and can burn your device. Simply as that ;)
Again, search forum a little.

发表时间 Thu 03 May 07 @ 3:57 pm
Will eliminating the ground off of my laptop power cord mess it it up?

发表时间 Thu 03 May 07 @ 4:48 pm
no....but by all means try all the other options. but the original thread said distortion....not a hum. or was a mistype?

发表时间 Thu 03 May 07 @ 6:01 pm
IT'S A HUM

发表时间 Thu 03 May 07 @ 8:15 pm
you have four good options. you'll find one from those four : )

发表时间 Thu 03 May 07 @ 9:24 pm
You can isolate ground for a night or two, it is a short term solution, after that find Ground loop isolator.

发表时间 Thu 03 May 07 @ 9:26 pm
Thanks guys i put a piece of electrical tape over my ground and that solved the problem i would have never thought of that.

发表时间 Fri 04 May 07 @ 1:16 am
Just don't leave it that way, read my post above.

发表时间 Fri 04 May 07 @ 2:20 pm
I talked to some electrical guys that i know they told me nothing won't happen just make sure i plug it in to a surge protector. and to also use a dummy cord instead of putting tape over it.

发表时间 Fri 04 May 07 @ 2:37 pm
I don't think Surge protector is a good idea, I use stabilizer and it is also a solution for Ground loop issue. You may do it with Surge but for 5-10$ (which is the price of Isolator) you don't need to risk, don't ya think? Just my 2 cents ;)

发表时间 Fri 04 May 07 @ 3:59 pm
@DJ-ALF - excuse me, but you are wrong about the 'temporary' solution. many laptops do not even use a 3 lead power connector. Like most Toshibas I've seen. Speaking about European power cords now, I don't know how they are sold in other places. The fix with the sticky tape over the ground is the perfect solution for the hum that is created via the power supply of the laptop and it has an electrical explanation which is not a topic of this forum and you can search google for it. :)

发表时间 Sat 05 May 07 @ 2:54 pm
Hi, just thought I'd jump in.

Seems to me that on a laptop it shouldn't matter if you disconnect/put tape round the ground pin, etc. After all, there's only two connections (live and zero) that enter the laptop.

Put I think the point is: whatever you do, DO NOT disconnect the ground on something like an amp (Or anything with a metal case)!!!

Laptop= shouldn't matter (as long as only two connections go in, but do it at your own risk)

Three pins used/metal casing= DON'T DISCONNECT THE GROUND

Not sure what to do= DON'T DISCONNECT THE GROUND!!!

发表时间 Sat 05 May 07 @ 5:05 pm
I just suggested from what I heard, LAPTOP or no LAPTOP!
If you wanna risk, it is your choice.
Ground Loop isolator costs around 10$ and how much is your laptop?
I don't care what you gonna do :/

发表时间 Sat 05 May 07 @ 5:35 pm
Hi Alf, good point, $10 isn't alot for piece of mind.

I'm pretty sure people wouldn't have a problem if their laptop only takes in the two connections, but I certainly wouldn't want to be responsible for somebody being electrecuted or their laptop blowing up!

Maybe worth the $10 :)

发表时间 Sat 05 May 07 @ 5:48 pm
87%