快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: No Go on install of OS on SATA - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Well I have been messin around with this thing all damn day and cant get an OS installed on my SATA drive. Windows will install, then when it reboots it isnt there and thats about it. My mobo is ASUS A8N5X. Now when I reboot with my old drive hooked up I see 2 Windows XP options to start with but only the bottom one works how do I get rid of the other one so there is no choice??

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 5:18 am
Change your old drive to slave... What make SATA drive do you have?

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 5:40 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
are you installing xp or vista? Xp will require a floppy on a sata install, the mobo should of came with this disk. When xp askes if you want to install a raid driver you say yes with this disk in. Remember leave all other hard drives unplugged when installing xp on a sata drive.

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 5:49 am
Even with just the old drive connected it gives me 2 XPs to choose from and I want to get rid of it. The SATA drives are Western Digital 250 gig SATA drives.

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 5:50 am
Cyder I am trying to install XP. When I selected what you stated it came back with no drives detected, but they are detected in BIOS.

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 5:52 am
I am gonna try this again as you suggested.

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 5:53 am
Ok got to that step and put in the NVIDIA disc that came with the MOBO and no go also tried putting in the driver disc that came with the HD as it isnt detected in the windows setup

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 6:01 am
ok I tried to put the nvidia disc in the drive at boot and it asked me if I want to make a Sata driver disc so that is what I am gonna do when I get home and report back.

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 6:12 am
xp is just dumb sometimes, vista gets rid of this headache on installing. Even if they show up in the bios doesn't mean they will work I know that from experience. You have to hit an fkey then it will load the raid driver and continue the os install. Let me know how you make out there.

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 6:31 am
I let it continue without the drivers for SATA and on reboot I get Operating System error. Man I wish my Vista wasnt the upgrade version.

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 6:45 am
It def soundlike you need to install the driver. Go to the mobo manufacturers website and under drivers download there will be a file that says something like "F6 installation driver" or similar. When installing XP, you need to press F6 near the beginning of the install where it says "Press F6 to install third party drivers" (or something like that) then put the floppy in with the driver and browse to the driver & let it install. I work through a raid system too and reinstalls can be a ballache!

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 9:31 am
Thanks that is what I was thinking. I am gonna make a driver disc of that and try.

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 10:24 am
The more and more I read about this MOBO it is a pain in the ass and needs a Floppy drive to install the SATA drivers and wont work on CD. I think I am gonna go to Dual Core now and not even screw with it. What do you think ORRRR can I do the SATA with a full install with Vista ORRRR should I just go and get a stupid floppy drive and upgrade my CPU to dual core which is supported on my mobo.

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 10:40 am
Reformat the SATA.. Partition 10 to 12 Gigs for the primary...

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 12:25 pm
Get a floppy Brian, you don't NEED to install it on the machine, you just plug it in untill the install is done, then do a shutdown and unplug the floppy again. I do that with my gig box as it has 4 SATA drives on it. However, good advice whoever said remove other drives pre install, it can cause loads of probs if you dont.

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 1:22 pm

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 1:52 pm
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
discobrian24 wrote :
Even with just the old drive connected it gives me 2 XPs to choose from and I want to get rid of it. The SATA drives are Western Digital 250 gig SATA drives.

FOR WIN XP

DJ FORMAT

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 3:16 pm
TopHouse wrote :
Get a floppy .

Floppy????? Thats pretty oldschool..

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 4:31 pm
Not when it's the only way to get the sata drivers in! These have to go in pre OS installation. Done it dozens of times and it's still a PITA.

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 4:44 pm
just reformatt the HD use WD software and zero in the HD and install xp or vista and u should not have a problem hope u have the HD plogin in the SATA 1.there is no mobo that's batter then asus they are very easy that's what i use for all my costermersi use orther mobo also but asus just wonderfull

发表时间 Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 8:45 pm
43%