快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Short Throw Projectors

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Kenny QPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I am looking to put together a VDJ system and I've noticed that no one writes about projectors and screens.

I am looking for a good but inexpensive short throw projector.

Has anyone seen the Toshiba ET20U?
For under $1,000 this projector is supposed to be able to project a 100" diagonal image from 4 feet away. It also has a built in DVD player.

How about the NEC WT 610 projector?
I've seen these things advertised for about $2,400

Let me know what you think or what you are using.

Thanks,
Kenny Q

发表时间 Tue 10 Apr 07 @ 6:36 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Short throw, projector and inexpensive should never be used in the same sentence. Best bet is to check ebay.

发表时间 Tue 10 Apr 07 @ 7:00 pm
PuttePRO InfinityMember since 2004
The toshiba has only got 1100 ansi , make sure that you turn off all the lights in the room before you show something..
NEC WT 610 got 2000 ansi , thats ok but could be better

发表时间 Tue 10 Apr 07 @ 7:01 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
specs say this thing is crap

isplay Technology 0.55" DMD DLP™; 786,432 (1024 x 768)
Projection Lens Off set 130-degree; F/f (mm) F = 2.5 - 2.7, f = 7.56mm manual focus
Brightness 1100 lumens

at least you need 2000 lumans to do a show worth seeing.

发表时间 Tue 10 Apr 07 @ 7:03 pm
personally i wouldn't use anything below 2600. Are you going to use front projection or rear projection? If you will be doing front on a screen matte with even a small amount of gain then 2200 would be the lowest. i'm a dealer for THE SCREEN WORKS which supplies just about every type of projection screen configuration available as well as a dealer for EIKI Projectors.... so I have used many types of projectors and screens, the number one factor for choosing a projector is usually ansi lumins, they all have about the same clarity and detail. it's the brightness that really sets a good projector apart from a crappy one. i would recommend buying the brightest projector you can afford and consider using rear projection.... ESPECIALLY for a DJ application, the last thing you want is some fat chick getting a little to jiggly... i mean jiggy on the dance floor and bumping into your projector and it falling to the floor. trust me, I KNOW about this from experience.

发表时间 Tue 10 Apr 07 @ 7:23 pm
I've never owned nor do I know much about projectors.

But I would think that you wouldn't need as much lumens if you are projecting from a short distance.
I'm sure that you lose more brightness the further back the projector is.

When I do buy a projector, it has to be short throw. I don't want nor will I always have 10 + feet to project a large image.

I have to see the Toshiba in person. It looks to good to be true.

-Kenny Q

发表时间 Tue 10 Apr 07 @ 9:36 pm
please forgive my spelling.

I mean't "too good to be true"

-Kenny Q

发表时间 Tue 10 Apr 07 @ 9:56 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I would recommend 2500lumens +.
Alot of the newer projectors have the capability to project a large image within a short distance... You just need to check if its compatible/capable of getting a 'close proximity lense'.

发表时间 Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 1:13 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)