快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Master Tempo & Sound Card - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi,

I just wonder if the Master Tempo option in the VDJ demo has something to do with the Sound Card drivers? I am testing it on a Laptop (Sony Vaio CoreDuo 1.83GHz, 1GB RAM - VGN-FE11S) with an external USB Maya44 sound card. When I set the master tempo ON, I can't hear any difference, than when it's turned off. But when I use the internal sound card - it sounds ok. So, I suppose there's something to do with the Asio Driver?

I need master tempo, I use it for harmonic mixing, so if I can't make it work with VDJ it will be a pity, as I want to move to this technology to save time and efforts recording cds every hour ;)

Thanks for your time!
DJ Mecho

发表时间 Sun 18 Mar 07 @ 1:13 pm
So.. nobody knows how this works??

发表时间 Mon 19 Mar 07 @ 1:26 pm
Hi,

I don't know for definite, but I don't think it does to be honest.

I use the maya 44 myself and I know that keylock does work with this card.

By the way, the keylock function on the standard skin isn't actually master tempo, it only acts as master tempo if you activate it while the pitch slider is in the zero position.

What the keylock actually does is hold the pitch at whatever it is when you activate it.

Not sure that made much sense! so here's an example:

If you turn keylock off, then the pitch goes up and down as you increase and decrease the speed.

If you set the pitch slider to zero (middle) then turn the keylock on, then the pitch will stay the same no matter what you do to the tempo. (just like master tempo).

The interesting bit is when you have keylock off, increase the tempo by say 6%, the pitch will go up of course (goes up by 1 semitone i think).

But then you can turn keylock on, and return the slider back to the center position, the song is playing at the original tempo, but the pitch is one semitone higher!!!

Maybe that helped to clear things up, or maybe that was just confusing, or maybe you knew that already and there's a problem with the sound card drivers you've got!

Let us know and we'll try and help if there's still a problem.

:)

发表时间 Mon 19 Mar 07 @ 2:08 pm
Thanks for the reply, man!

I will try the things tomorrow. I thought it was a limitation or something for the demo version. Let me spend some time more with that problem and will return back with a report.

发表时间 Tue 20 Mar 07 @ 12:50 am
Hi there again..
well i've just tested with Maya again.
Time Stretch activated from the skin works terribly.
The options are set to the best quality. There's no other problem running VDJ, except for the Master Tempo (Time Stretch) :)
Am I missing something?
Hmmm.
10x guys!

发表时间 Fri 23 Mar 07 @ 8:14 pm

发表时间 Fri 23 Mar 07 @ 9:02 pm
HI and thanks for the answer, but I have no performance problems, no crackles or noises.. it's just that the Master Tempo is not working as it should on a normal cd player. It changes the key as the pitch goes up or down. That's the problem I can find while testing :)

发表时间 Sun 25 Mar 07 @ 4:05 pm
what is your pitch range and auto pitch set at

发表时间 Sun 25 Mar 07 @ 6:15 pm
I didn't change the default values.
Now I checked them - +/- 12% and Auto-Pitch - disabled.

发表时间 Wed 28 Mar 07 @ 1:48 am
Just to check we haven't missed anything blindingly obvious, could you try this:

You open virtual dj on the version 4.2 standard skin, you drag a song onto the left deck, then click on the word "keylock" (just below and to the left of the "CUE" button).

Once you've clicked on the word keylock, the padlock icon lights up blue. Then you press play and the song starts playing. then you move the the tempo slider (to the left of the deck controls, where the slider should be half way up) up and down to make the song slow down and speed up.

But as well as it speeding up and slowing down, the notes of the song go lower when the song is slowed down, and higher when the song speeds up (not what we want!).

I'd guess this is what you've been doing anyway and there's a software or hardware problem somewhere along the way, but I just thought I'd double check just in case. :)

发表时间 Wed 28 Mar 07 @ 4:07 am
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Key_lock or MT is not working - Try to enable this feature with a song - disable and try to enable again , nothing happens !!!

发表时间 Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 2:17 am
yes, andy - exactly what i was doing.
the master tempo is not working with vdj 4.2 (demo) and maya44usb.
when i used the internal sound card of my sony vaio laptop - it seems it works.
so... :)

发表时间 Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 4:22 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Man-Tk wrote :
Key_lock or MT is not working

Sorry but it's wrong. I'm very disapointed that it comes from you. Keylock will lock the key. So if you lock the key when the pitch=0 it's a master tempo. Anyway the master tempo function is still available in VirtualDJ.

When you use it with TCV you have to activate the option "master tempo" on the TC config pannel

发表时间 Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 4:26 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Master Tempo and Keylock work the same but they are a bit different...

Master tempo is the feature that let you move the slider from + to - with out changing the voice of the song... the voice remains in "0" pich.

Keylock blocks the pitch voice i n where is the pitch level when keylock is presed. If you have your song in -8 ptich and press keylock, the voice is going to remain in -8 pitch. If you press Keylock when it is on "0" pitch, it works like master tempo does.

Anyway, as DJ Cel remark, You can use master_tempo () function or Key_lock() function on VirtualDJ skins or shortcuts.

发表时间 Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 7:40 pm
Then that's a great feature, but I can't make it work with the Maya sound card..
So will anyone using that exact hardware tell me if it works with you and what I am doing wrong? :)

发表时间 Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 7:59 pm
Ok, now I know for sure that with my setup - the Master Tempo (or Keylock) feature is not working correctly at all! ;)

So has anyone tested a MAYA44USB with VDJ 4.3 and this option enabled??

发表时间 Sat 05 May 07 @ 3:02 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Mine works ok with Maya44USB. Are you using the Maya driver or Asio4All driver?

Gary

发表时间 Sat 05 May 07 @ 5:28 pm
I use the Maya driver, and never installed Asio4all.
Please let me know your settings in VDJ...
Would be nice if I can manage to have MT too :)

发表时间 Mon 07 May 07 @ 1:11 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Yes, the sound quality not depends only on Maya but on machine specs and way you adjusted settings in VDJ.

发表时间 Mon 07 May 07 @ 11:12 am
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
DJ Mecho wrote :
I use the Maya driver, and never installed Asio4all.
Please let me know your settings in VDJ...
Would be nice if I can manage to have MT too :)

You don't want my settings. I have crackles, pops timecode issues and all sorts, but the MT does work, just letting you know that it will work on the Maya.

Gary

发表时间 Mon 07 May 07 @ 5:27 pm
80%